Salvation - Reward

Bob Wille (Family)

Passed on, November 6, 2022
Because of our faith, Christ has brought us into this place of undeserved privilege
where we now stand, and we confidently and joyfully look forward to sharing God’s glory
.”
Romans 5:2

Our salvation depends on what Christ did for us.
Our reward depends on how we live for Him.
[Our Daily Bread]

Naturally, God Speaks
Web723.JPG

Because of our faith, Christ has brought us into this place of undeserved privilege
where we now stand, and we confidently and joyfully look forward to sharing God’s glory
.”
Romans 5:2

Our salvation depends on what Christ did for us.
Our reward depends on how we live for Him.
[Our Daily Bread]

Naturally, God Speaks
View attachment 5170
Isaiah 13:15, the prophecy against Babylon. The rebellious suffer consequence either by their own doing or God's judgement. No sin goes unpunished and what is done in secret (Matt. 6:4 & 6:6) always comes to light (Mark 4:22 & Luke 8:17). God is a gentleman though, when it comes to His children and He wants us to let go of the things we grasp tightly in this world. Idols of the flesh: Material possessions, wealth, retirement, and so much more can be our hope of the future that we trade our soundness of mind, youth, and time in exchange for. Something we may think is more valuable. The "undeserved privilege's of our faith are what sustains us and gives us a future and a hope (Jer. 29:11). All things pass away but His Word will not pass away (Luke 21:33 & Matthew 24:35).

Isaiah 13:15, the prophecy against Babylon. The rebellious suffer consequence either by their own doing or God's judgement. No sin goes unpunished and what is done in secret (Matt. 6:4 & 6:6) always comes to light (Mark 4:22 & Luke 8:17). God is a gentleman though, when it comes to His children and He wants us to let go of the things we grasp tightly in this world. Idols of the flesh: Material possessions, wealth, retirement, and so much more can be our hope of the future that we trade our soundness of mind, youth, and time in exchange for. Something we may think is more valuable. The "undeserved privilege's of our faith are what sustains us and gives us a future and a hope (Jer. 29:11). All things pass away but His Word will not pass away (Luke 21:33 & Matthew 24:35).
Your reasoning is sound, and the bible quotes you site are a confirmation of what you have said.

Silly comment, but here goes anyway...........I do love Paul's eloquence in telling us the Word.

Hello Hollyjoy;

Actually, I'm glad you made the comment. I also had a silly comment. Years ago I had a problem with the Pauline Epistle and remember sharing with our Bible study class that I felt Paul was arrogant. Why I felt that way was beyond me. But as I continued to study the Epistles I began to learn that Paul was actually very personable, loved the church and was humbled through the suffering he endured.

Praise God for His growing those who love and seek Him.

Hello Hollyjoy;

Actually, I'm glad you made the comment. I also had a silly comment. Years ago I had a problem with the Pauline Epistle and remember sharing with our Bible study class that I felt Paul was arrogant. Why I felt that way was beyond me. But as I continued to study the Epistles I began to learn that Paul was actually very personable, loved the church and was humbled through the suffering he endured.

Praise God for His growing those who love and seek Him.
Yes, I agree. But Paul was very well educated and spoke/wrote in a very intellectual manner. He is hard to understand at times for us lay folks. (I have trouble with Hebrews) I always laugh at Peter's comment something to the effect that Paul could be difficult to understand.

Back