Sardis = Red Ones.... The Open Door And The Church In Philadelphia....

The church in “Sardis” which means “red ones” are those who will be “red” with wrath at what they will hear. Their works toward the hearing of the Truth will not be perfect as He is perfect as they will be full of wrath. The wrath of man WORKS not the righteousness of God. They are “dead”…..for any one who will hate his brother has no “eternal life”….age-lasting life…abiding within them.

1 John 3:15 KJV
(15) Whosoever hateth his brother is a murderer: and ye know that no murderer hath eternal life abiding in him.

Cain is known for his wrath and for being a murderer of his brother. Cain was a “tiller of the ground”. “Ground” = “Adamah” = “RED ground”. “Adam” literally means “red”. Cain was a tiller of his wrath, envy and strife and hatred whose works were not perfect before God and so his offerings were not respected.

Genesis 4:2 KJV
(2) And she again bare his brother Abel. And Abel was a keeper of sheep, but Cain was a tiller of the ground

Those who will to continue to speak evil of their brothers who will present the Word of Truth to them are the manifest children of the devil. Cain…who was of that wicked …slew his brother. Many today will be “red” in their wrath but are counseled to OVERCOME their wrath for sin lies at the “door” of the mouth.

1 John 3:9-14 KJV
(9) Whosoever is born of God doth not commit sin; for his seed remaineth in him: and he cannot sin, because he is born of God.
(10) In this the children of God are manifest, and the children of the devil: whosoever doeth not righteousness is not of God, neither he that loveth not his brother.
(11) For this is the message that ye heard from the beginning, that we should love one another.
(12) Not as Cain, who was of that wicked one, and slew his brother. And wherefore slew he him? Because his own works were evil, and his brother's righteous.
(13) Marvel not, my brethren, if the world hate you.
(14) We know that we have passed from death unto life, because we love the brethren. He that loveth not his brother abideth in death.

The “red ones”….the church in “Sardis”…will be full of wrath but they are counseled to overcome. Sin lies at the door of the mouth and we are to do well when we hear the Word of Truth. Evil speaking will want to come out of the heart that is full of wrath….but these works work not the righteousness of God. These works will not be seen as perfect before God.

Genesis 4:6-7 KJV
(6) And the LORD said unto Cain, Why art thou wroth? and why is thy countenance fallen?
(7) If thou doest well, shalt thou not be accepted? and if thou doest not well, sin lieth at the door. And unto thee shall be his desire, and thou shalt rule over him.

“Edom” ….meaning “red” for wrath…will forget the brotherly covenant to have love. Shame will cover those who will do “violence” against their brothers. Their shame shall be revealed for all to see.

Obadiah 1:8-10 KJV
(8) Shall I not in that day, saith the LORD, even destroy the wise men out of Edom, and understanding out of the mount of Esau?
(9) And thy mighty men, O Teman, shall be dismayed, to the end that every one of the mount of Esau may be cut off by slaughter.
(10) For thy violence against thy brother Jacob shame shall cover thee, and thou shalt be cut off for ever.

“Edom” = “red” for the wrath of men who will continually speak evil against the brothers who will be sent to preach the Word of Truth.

Amos 1:11-12 KJV
(11) Thus saith the LORD; For three transgressions of Edom, and for four, I will not turn away the punishment thereof; because he did pursue his brother with the sword, and did cast off all pity, and his anger did tear perpetually, and he kept his wrath for ever:
(12) But I will send a fire upon Teman, which shall devour the palaces of Bozrah.

Abel was a “keeper of sheep”…..keeper of his brothers. The church in “Philadelphia”….which means “brotherly love”…will show love to the brothers who are sent to preach the Word of Truth to them. They will have passed over from death to life by the love of the brothers who will speak the Truth to them.

The “open door” is the “door of utterance” that will speak His words of life and spirit to their ears. They will have “little strength”…that is, they will be MEEK in their response to the hearing of the revealed knowledge of the Truth. Anyone who will continue to willfully sin after they have received the full knowledge of the Truth will have no more sacrifice remaining for their bad behavior. But the church in brotherly love….Philadelphia…..will keep His Word…His Saying: have love for one another. They will not deny His “name”…His authority over their thoughts and ways. They will DO what He says and NOT obey unrighteousness….disobedience, contentions and wrathful ways. They mysteries of the kingdom will be given to them and they will then be able preach them to others who will have ears to hear.

Revelation 3:7-13 KJV
(7) And to the angel of the church in Philadelphia write; These things saith he that is holy, he that is true, he that hath the key of David, he that openeth, and no man shutteth; and shutteth, and no man openeth;
(8) I know thy works: behold, I have set before thee an open door, and no man can shut it: for thou hast a little strength, and hast kept my word, and hast not denied my name.
(9) Behold, I will make them of the synagogue of Satan, which say they are Jews, and are not, but do lie; behold, I will make them to come and worship before thy feet, and to know that I have loved thee.
(10) Because thou hast kept the word of my patience, I also will keep thee from the hour of temptation, which shall come upon all the world, to try them that dwell upon the earth.
(11) Behold, I come quickly: hold that fast which thou hast, that no man take thy crown.
(12) Him that overcometh will I make a pillar in the temple of my God, and he shall go no more out: and I will write upon him the name of my God, and the name of the city of my God, which is new Jerusalem, which cometh down out of heaven from my God: and I will write upon him my new name.
(13) He that hath an ear, let him hear what the Spirit saith unto the churches.

The “open door” is the “door of utterance” that will speak the mystery of Christ. The church in brotherly love will show “little strength” towards the “door of utterance” as they will meekly listen and not contend in opposition.

Colossians 4:2-4 KJV
(2) Continue in prayer, and watch in the same with thanksgiving;
(3) Withal praying also for us, that God would open unto us a door of utterance, to speak the mystery of Christ, for which I am also in bonds:
(4) That I may make it manifest, as I ought to speak.

The “open door” that is opened by the Lord will not be shut by men.

Luke 21:15 KJV
(15) For I will give you a mouth and wisdom, which all your adversaries shall not be able to gainsay nor resist.

Acts 6:9-10 KJV
(9) Then there arose certain of the synagogue, which is called the synagogue of the Libertines, and Cyrenians, and Alexandrians, and of them of Cilicia and of Asia, disputing with Stephen.
(10) And they were not able to resist the wisdom and the spirit by which he spake.

We shall be made partakers of the Holy Spirit…for we shall hear what the Spirit has to say. Let those who have ears hear what the Spirit says. We shall taste the good Word of God. How will men respond? Will they fall away and crucify what they will hear in their wrath which works not the righteousness of God? Will they put the Son of God to open shame as they will vilify any who will preach His words to them? Many of the churches will follow after the pernicious ways of those who will. The time is coming when any will “kill” you with their evil tongue will believe a lie: that they are doing God “service” by slandering as they will see themselves as judges (“gods” = Elohim = judges) knowing what isgood and evil. They will become judge, jury and executioner as they will think that they are doing God “wonderful works” in His authority as they cast us….the “devils”…evil doers …out of their assemblies.

Hebrews 6:4-12 KJV
(4) For it is impossible for those who were once enlightened, and have tasted of the heavenly gift, and were made partakers of the Holy Ghost,
(5) And have tasted the good word of God, and the powers of the world to come,
(6) If they shall fall away, to renew them again unto repentance; seeing they crucify to themselves the Son of God afresh, and put him to an open shame.

The church in Philadelphia had PATIENCE. They will drink in the “rain” of the Truth that will come often upon their hearts and they will bring forth good works toward what they will hear. They will bring forth good works toward the brothers who will preach the good Word of God to them. Those who will behave in such manner….responding with brotherly love…shall receive blessing from God: LIFE. They will have crossed over from death to life by showing love to the brothers who will be sent to them to preach His words in the Spirit.

(7) For the earth which drinketh in the rain that cometh oft upon it, and bringeth forth herbs meet for them by whom it is dressed, receiveth blessing from God:

But those who will bring forth evil speaking and bad behavior is rejected. These evil works are not perfect before God and will be near to cursing whose end is to be burned.

(8) But that which beareth thorns and briers is rejected, and is nigh unto cursing; whose end is to be burned.
(9) But, beloved, we are persuaded better things of you, and things that accompany salvation, though we thus speak.

Jesus told the church in Philadelphia: “I know your works”. The church in Philadelphia will show their labor of love towards His name and toward those who will minister His Word to them.

(10) For God is not unrighteous to forget your work and labour of love, which ye have shewed toward his name, in that ye have ministered to the saints, and do minister.
(11) And we desire that every one of you do shew the same diligence to the full assurance of hope unto the end:

The church in Philadelphia will not be slothful…forgetting to have brotherly love and will believe and have PATIENCE.

(12) That ye be not slothful, but followers of them who through faith and patience inherit the promises.

The church in “Sardis” which means “red ones” are those who will be “red” with wrath at what they will hear. Their works toward the hearing of the Truth will not be perfect as He is perfect as they will be full of wrath. The wrath of man WORKS not the righteousness of God. They are “dead”…..for any one who will hate his brother has no “eternal life”….age-lasting life…abiding within them.

Wheelz....this post is a lot to take in at once but...it seems to be just wonderful! Well done. I will spend more time going over each of your points later.

Thank you for your time taken for it is very well presented.

Wheelz....this post is a lot to take in at once but...it seems to be just wonderful! Well done. I will spend more time going over each of your points later.

Thank you for your time taken for it is very well presented.

Hi latterain! Sorry for the delayed response. Thank you for the refreshing "cup of cold water"! Praise God!

Matthew 10:42 KJV
(42) And whosoever shall give to drink unto one of these little ones a cup of cold water only in the name of a disciple, verily I say unto you, he shall in no wise lose his reward.

Back