Sardis

REVELATION 3:
1. I know your works, you have the reputation of being alive, but you are dead. 2.Wake up, and strengthen what remains and is about to die, for I have not found your works complete in the sight of my God.

-----------------------------------------
There are times where I may be doing all the "right" things, but my heart might not be in it. The actions and words may not be for God's glory... whatever the case. It also brings to mind Matthew 15:8-10. Now the main message in Matthew were towards the Pharasees. However I feel it can very well apply to our modern age, and in a sense, be speaking to the ones that do practice great things and charities, but if his heart is rotten... then he is dead inside.

REVELATION 3:
1. I know your works, you have the reputation of being alive, but you are dead. 2.Wake up, and strengthen what remains and is about to die, for I have not found your works complete in the sight of my God.

-----------------------------------------
There are times where I may be doing all the "right" things, but my heart might not be in it. The actions and words may not be for God's glory... whatever the case. It also brings to mind Matthew 15:8-10. Now the main message in Matthew were towards the Pharasees. However I feel it can very well apply to our modern age, and in a sense, be speaking to the ones that do practice great things and charities, but if his heart is rotten... then he is dead inside.

Dario................We are saved to SERVE!

We do NO works to be saved but we will want to work for the Lord after salvation. If we don't then we need to question the salvation act.

I wasn't talking about works to be saved Major. But thanks for elaborating that point. I'm horrible at elaboriting. Getting my thoughts out just comes out all jumbled.

Your OP made me think of the anti-christ, how he will do good works to gain our trust and then after a while show his true colours. Many do good works for selfish reasons. Even the feel good feeling can be a selfish need. It takes a changed heart to do un-selfish good works and be consistent with them.

Back