Satan obtains leave to try Job.

How well is it for us, that neither men nor devils are to be our judges! but all our judgment comes from the Lord, who never errs. Job holds fast his integrity still, as his weapon. God speaks with pleasure of the power of his own grace. Self-love and self-preservation are powerful in the hearts of men. But Satan accuses Job, representing him as wholly selfish, and minding nothing but his own ease and safety. Thus are the ways and people of God often falsely blamed by the devil and
his agents. Permission is granted to Satan to make trial, but with a limit. If God did not chain up the roaring lion, how soon would he devour us! Job, thus slandered by Satan, was a type of Christ, the first prophecy of whom was, that Satan should bruise his heel, and be foiled. (Job 2:7-10)

Then the LORD said to Satan, "Have you considered My servant Job? No one else on earth is like him, a man of perfect integrity, (B) who fears God and turns away from evil. (C) He still retains his integrity, even though you incited Me against him, to destroy him without just cause."

Thankyou Pastor Rick for that insight.

And the Lord knew that Job could stand the test or He would not have allowed satan to test him. God knew already that Job was a man of integrity who was totally commited to Him.

Job is an example to us that as the tests and trials come our way that we stand up in the storm and proclaim that we have and serve a living God who is bigger than all our problems.

Enen though we know that satan puts fear into our hearts we can get engrossed in the problem and forget the ultimate solution. I know in my own life I probably stayed in the valley longer than needed because I focused on me and the problem instead of focusing on letting God solve it.

But I also believe that these tests or trials strengthen our faith for the next problem and also we can minister to others that are going through what we have already been through.

Job

Job, thus slandered by Satan, was a type of Christ, the first prophecy of whom was, that Satan should bruise his heel, and be foiled. (Job 2:7-10)

Back