Satan's Workshop

2. Timothy 3:1-5

1. This know also, that in the last days perilous times shall come. 2. For men shall be lovers of their own selves, covetous, boasters, proud, blasphemers, disobedient to parents, unthankful, unholy, 3. Without natural affection, trucebreakers, false accusers, incontinent, fierce, despisers of those that are good, 4. Traitors, heady, highminded, lovers of pleasures more than lovers of God; 5.Having a form of godliness, but denying the power thereof: from such turn away.

What I mean to draw out of that text is the concept of being ‘self centered’.

We rightly judge this Covid pandemic to be of the devil, for we know that God is not the author of sickness.
But there is another side, much more subtle workings that the devil is accomplishing and that being addressed in 2. Timothy 3.

We know it is our human nature to form opinions and pass judgement on others based on our sense experience.
This should not be but it is descriptive of the ‘greatest battle ever fought’ that takes place in the Christian’s mind.

We see this concept at work if we examine ourselves and those around us.
For example, we may know of someone who is not as quick witted, or has some form of impairment that sets them apart from the next fellow. The natural course is then that this individual gets moved away from the social epicenter. It follows then that this person forms false opinions about what other think of them and over the course of time they live to meet those perceived ideas.
The same principle applies to an individual as they age and their sense of hearing, sight and or recall starts to wane and they, in a sense ‘think themselves into the grave’.

So what are the implications of the Covid regulations for social distancing, non-contact and a general deterioration of the social fabric?
I believe it fosters the development of ego self enhancement, by the ego being left to fester in a fallen human feral condition.

I believe this is a time when we need to be more careful to put on the full armour of the Word and not forsake the assembling of ourselves, as much as possible.

Hebrews 10:25
25. Not forsaking the assembling of ourselves together, as the manner of some is; but exhorting one another: and so much the more, as ye see the day approaching.

Back