Saturday 7/19/14 Pastor Ken Sermon Adam’s Guilt

Saturday 7/19/14 Pastor Ken sermon Adam’s Guilt Romans 5:13-21 ========================================================================

Remember the four types of Grace we talked about two weeks ago: Common Grace, Pre-venient Grace, Effectual Grace, Admissible Grace. We need the Grace of God to save the spiritually dead. We need Grace to live the Christian life. The sin of Adam was by choice. He chose to sin and we all have inherited his sin nature. We need forgiveness and Grace. We all have the “leaning”, the “propensity” for sin. The question is, are we also guilty of Adam’s sin? Do we bear the guilt of Adam’s sin?

Jesus dying on the cross, His righteousness covers us all. We are not guilty of Adam’s sin. One man, Jesus, provides righteousness for all. Moses and God’s Law set up a standard of living. It is the moral law of God, the Ten Commandments. The Ten Commandments are the Will of God and God’s standards for right living. When we break one of the commandments, we know we have sinned. We have left the right standard of God’s way to live our life.

Now, all of us commit sins and we are all held accountable for them. This is why we need the Cross of Jesus Christ and the Blood. The Cross of Jesus is the only solution. Do not be saying, “Adam made me do it”! But instead say, “I did it and I need God’s forgiveness and grace”. God holds us accountable and holds us to His standard. We need to pray and ask God to help us keep His standards and to keep on pressing on!

AMEN

Back