Scary Weather

I don't know where all of you live, but where I live there is some bad weather going on. I live in East Texas and we have major flooding, thunderstorms, tornadoes, etc. here. Pretty scary for sure. Tonight I had to work and as soon as I got in my car to start driving home it came a downpour. Actually, not just a downpour. A full on major severe thunderstorm. Let me just give you a little background on me with storms.. I HATE THEM. I am so afraid of them that it's insane. I even get a little anxiety when there is a bad thunderstorm. So before I even pulled out of the parking lot of my work I put my hands together, closed my eyes and talked to God. I asked him to protect me on my journey home and to also watch over my fellow coworkers that were heading home already. Then I drove away and began my journey. I say journey, when in actuality I live about 10 minutes away from the store I work in. (I work in retail... sadly. Part-time while I am going through nursing school).

So I'm driving and have to go the long way home since the road I usually go down has flooding going on. I get about 5 minutes from home and there came the lightning. This lightning was unlike anything I have ever experienced. Now, this is my first thunderstorm since I became a believer. I have to say that I was in awe. God truly is incredible. The way the lightning danced across the sky was so beautiful (still frightening) but beautiful. I have NEVER seen lightning like this. It was not just a simple bolt of lightning. This stayed in the sky for at least 6 seconds or even more. I could not believe it. When it went away, and after I got over how gorgeous it was, my fear came back. My hands started shaking and I slowed down to around 25 mph (which probably annoyed the line of cars behind me..oops). I began talking to God like He was sitting in my passenger's seat. I have to say that it felt like he was actually there. I immediately felt calm and peaceful. I know that He was there with me. I was calm enough to make it home without any anxiety attacks and I talked to God the entire way home. When I pulled into my driveway I told Him thank you and I know that He was still listening because I felt His presence.

My point in all of this is that God has designed such a remarkable world. Storms are just another reminder of how intelligent He is.

Another reason for this post is that I am asking everyone to pray for my area and the areas around me that are getting hit pretty hard with bad weather. I know that many have already lost their lives not too far from me. It is sad that this is happening and it is very scary. So tonight when you say your prayers, please include those that are going through all of this right now.

Thank you all in advance! And if you are one of those that are in the areas that are being hit hard, stay safe. Do not drive anywhere unless it is absolutely necessary, and be sure to have supplies ready.

-Liz

God certainly is amazing! And yes i fully believe that He was sitting right next to you as you were driving home. It's great to hear the way that you talk to Him....it's how we should all talk to Him, all of the time! But sadly many people don't realize that this is available to us all.

Father, we thank You for a hedge of protection around Your people in Texas.....and all over the world, who need Your very loving tender wings to hide them from the storms of life. Thank You that You cover all who take refuge in You, with Psalms 91.....keeping us from all harm. We praise You and bless Your Holy Name, rejoicing in Your love for us. In Jesus Name, Amen

Thanks everyone.
Where I live, multiple bridges have been closed and the flooding is getting worse every day. It rained for about 15 minutes today. I pray that we get no more major storms any time soon. I just read online that as of right now, the waters won't start to go down until June 6th. Continued prayers would be appreciated!

Liz

Back