Scriptural proofs of the principle of regeneration AND sanctification

RC. It is obvious from your posts, that you are truly seeking God's holiness in your life, and not just some exciting experience which gives you a good feeling.

I have written of how He has shown me. I believe that he knows the best way for everyone to come to this knowledge and that we cannot judge how He works in someone else's life.

If we ask according to His will we know He will answer. It is His will that we do become like Jesus, and I believe that He will answer the longings of your heart. God Bless

Thank you, Vision1. Our God is a mighty God. He knows our hearts. I apply the following statement to my life: He will answer the prayers of my heart (even as I am sometimes held captive by the attractions of the world). I should at least be praying "free me, O Lord" and I do. I believe the 2nd blessing is a deeper experience of the Lord and available to us now. That is what appeals to me. Thanks again.

Today I'm going to quote from "Africa, O Africa" by Louise Chapman who spent 20 years in the dark continent as a missonary. This is from that holiness literature I've been sharing. In this quote is the key (mentioned in Scripture at Luke's version of the Lord's Prayer) to getting God to answer your prayers.

Alice is a good, strong preacher. Along with her duties as cook, she has mothered the many children of the station, been chief adviser of the girls in the home, carried a special burden for the old and the sick, helped in revivals, and acted as assistant pastor, without pay, at the Endingeni church. But her greatest talent is her ability to pray and get things from God.
I shall never forget how God spoke to my heart one midnight, as I listened to Alice's praying. That prayer, one of the mightiest prayers I have ever heard, was one of the greatest and sweetest experiences of my life in Africa. I was working on night duty with the sick. In a manner that could not be denied, she was calling one by one the names of the unsaved that lived about in that neighborhood, and was begging God to do everything He could to save them. My heart was tremendously stirred, for I knew God would answer that prayer. I felt as if I had never truly prayed myself.

For weeks that lone intercessor had been spending hours every night in prayer. Sometimes she cried out in a loud voice. At other times, when it was quiet in her room, I saw through the window her cot untouched, and stretched on the grass mat on the floor, her open Bible before a little tallow candle, lay Alice, her eyes swollen from weeping, her words turned into groans as she went down into the valley of suffering, Seeking the lost. When I asked her one day if she were not afraid her physical strength would fail from so much loss of sleep, she looked at me with a glow of unearthly light on her face, and said, "Daughter of the King, if you only knew: before me is Christ, behind me it is light. If I reach to the right hand or to the left, I find the strength of God. I will stop when God gives me what I ask." Three months passed. One morning at daybreak, a heathen man came and called Alice, telling her that for three months God had been dealing with his soul night and day. On the cement steps before the mission home, he gave his heart to God. The revival began, and in a special meeting that ended in an effort to reach the unsaved, and as a result of that meeting, scores of heathen were born into the kingdom of God. The climax came one morning when Gideon preached from Numbers 21:8, 9, "When he looked, he lived." God came upon that great, dark-skinned congregation as they squatted on the grass covering of the cement floor of the big tabernacle, and twenty-two sought God for the first time in their lives, and found Him. Alice prayed, and the neighborhood was shaken. Vabaye's worth is above that of all the gold in Johannesburg.

Please note how strongly and persistently this young woman whose real name was Vabaye but who adopted Alice as her "Christian" name, prayed. We generally can't say a quick prayer and have God respond. But, when we are on our knees (or on the floor) for hours and hours, somehow the doors to Heaven open and the answers come pouring in--just as the people (who didn't even know they were being prayed for) came in to the center in this story, and became saved. In the same way, God will move mountains in our lives, and show us His might IF IF IF we pray like Vabaye prayed on the floor in her hut. Once we know God exists (first blessing) then we must believe with all of our hearts that He will help us with our problems and concerns--and spend the night doing this, if necessary. That's what I learn from this. Blessings, RC

Back to Scriptural references to the 2nd blessing:

THE TWO ROOMS

Every Bible reader knows that the tabernacle was divided into two rooms or sanctuaries. These two rooms were variously called the first and second, the outer and inner, the holy place and most holy place, or the holy of holies. But while the reader remembers the fact of the two apartments, very few have stopped to ask why there were two and what they represented. Some have a vague idea that the inner room referred to heaven, but the greater number of people sink down helplessly before the tabernacle, regarding the whole thing as an unsolvable mystery, when, if prayerfully studied, the rooms and furniture furnish great light for the proper understanding of the spiritual life, and with a powerful symbolic teaching clear up mysteries and reveal the way of holiness.

As is well known, the altar with its sacrifice before the tabernacle stood for Christ's suffering and death, and so represented our justification. The laver with its pure water, standing between the altar and the tabernacle, symbolized regeneration.

The first room, or outer sanctuary, stood for the regenerated life. On entering was to be observed the seven-pronged candlestick, or lamp, on the right. There is beautiful light in the converted life. On the left side was a table with twelve loaves of bread. So there is nourishment, and strength as well. Immediately in front was a table from which incense arose twice or thrice a day. This last typified the prayers that go up regularly to God from the soul redeemed from the world and translated into his kingdom. This room was called the holy place, and here Paul tells us the priests accomplished the service of God. According to this the regenerated life is a holy life, and those living in it can and do please God.

There remained, however, these facts that suggested something better in the Christian life: One was that the candle or lamp had to be frequently replenished and carefully watched, or the light would go out. Indeed, in one place it is said that the "lamp of God burned low." Truly the regenerated man understands all about this. He feels often that he would love to help others to shine if he did not have such difficulty in keeping his own lamp bright. Then, while there was bread upon the table, it became stale and had constantly to be renewed; and while the incense arose two or three times a day, the heart could not but conceive of better things--viz., of incorruptible manna, and a perpetual arising from the heart of prayer and praise. One other thing beheld in this outer sanctuary suggested constantly the thought of something better beyond and to come, and that was the veil hiding from sight the holy of holies. Its presence and faintest movement spoke eloquently of something deeper and holier in the religious life. This veil is recognized by all in the regenerated life. They may refuse to go beyond it; but its presence is felt nevertheless, and it has a voice that speaks mysteriously in promise, rebuke, or encouragement according to the state of the soul. How a man can be content to live on this side of the veil, and not know the life beyond, is a wonder to men and angels. The reply is made that there is now no veil; that at Christ's death it was torn down, and all in the holy of holies is now seen, and we as a Church are living there. This is far from being so. Let the reader remember that the Gospel does not say that the veil was torn down, but rent. A rent veil is not removed. Moreover, the edges of a torn curtain come together and the things beyond are as well concealed as ever. Christ's death has made it possible for all to come into the holy of holies namely, the experience of holiness. He has rent the curtain, but did not destroy it. The divided veil still hangs before the mysteries of sanctification, and it is a concealed life now as it has ever been. The advantage is that now, instead of one man entering once a year into the most holy place or life, behold! any one can come in. But while possible to all, it is not common to all. The veil is rent, but it is still there!

This is from Beverly Carradine's book "The Second Blessing in Symbol." For those interested, he presents the Ancient Tabernacle's two rooms as symbols of Justification (or regeneration) and Sanctification (or Holiness). I hope it is interesting reading and worth discussing. RC

I believe that when i trusted Christ as my savior at that moment I received ALL spriual blessings in Christ.
Eph 1:3 Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who hath blessed us with all spiritual blessings in heavenly places in Christ:
Col 2:10 And ye are complete in him, which is the head of all principality and power:

Salvationally speaking, that would be the case

Back to Scriptural references to the 2nd blessing:

This is from Beverly Carradine's book "The Second Blessing in Symbol." For those interested, he presents the Ancient Tabernacle's two rooms as symbols of Justification (or regeneration) and Sanctification (or Holiness). I hope it is interesting reading and worth discussing. RC

Not that I am trying to be pickey or anything...but your lead in was "BACK TO SCRIPTUAL REFERENCES TO THE 2nd BLESSING.

I read your post but I did not find a single Bible reference, only quotes from someones book.????????

You said that you " hope this is worth discussing". Lets do that, shall we???

Now correct me if I am assuming here, but it seems to me that you are promoting the Penacostal teaching of the "Second Blessing". Having some experience in that faith, lets identify what we are talking about.

Pentecostalism in general promotes a life that is marked by spiritual experience - deeper, higher, fuller, richer spiritual life. In a word, Pentecostals crave more through the Holy Spirit. And the life Pentecostals life is marked by the seeking of and the striving for that "more" of the holy Spirit or as they teach........
"The Second Blessing".

Just so that we are clear, lets use their own words here to explain their teaching.

This is taken from their home page (www.ag.org), Point 7 on "The Baptism of the HG":
"All believers are entitled to and should ardently expect and earnestly seek the promise of the Father, the baptism in the Holy Spirit and fire, according to the command of our Lord Jesus Christ. This was the normal experience of all in the early church. With it comes the enduement of power for life and service, the bestowment of the gifts and their uses in the work of the ministry."Second, we quote from the

Pentecostal Assemblies of Canada, as also set forth on their web page:
"The initial evidence of the baptism in the Holy Spirit is speaking in other tongues as the Spirit gives utterance, Acts 2:1-4, 39; 9:17; 1 Cor. 14:18. This experience is distinct from, and subsequent to, the experience of the new birth, Acts 8:12-17; 10:44-46."

In fact, Pentecostals even argue from the life and experience of Jesus Himself! They say that He too received His special baptism after He trusted in God, prayed, and obeyed (cf. Matt. 3:16,17).

NOW...Should Christians be seeking this second blessing, this baptism with the Holy Spirit? Is there something more for us?

Personally I say NO!!! You are welcome to disagree with me on this and I am sure many will. I love you regardless. This Pentecostal teaching is a deception of the most serious sort! It has confused, misled, and shaken the faith of many. It is to be condemned and rejected, categorically! WHY?????????????????????

First of all, because the Bible simply does not support this position. What John the Baptist promised in connection with the work of Christ was promised to each and every believer, not to a select few. When the elect are saved, they are all baptized with the Holy Ghost and with fire. That is their one and only baptism with the Holy Spirit. At that moment they are purified and empowered to lead sanctified lives and to serve God for whatever He calls them to do and wherever He places them. At the moment of conversion, believers are filled with the Spirit, fully equipped with all they need for living the Christian life of holiness. They are in need of no second blessing; no further, greater, better salvation; no other baptism to seek for. They are complete in Christ, Colossians 2:10; they are given "all things that pertain unto life and godliness" (II Pet. 1:3).

Second of all.... this teaching ultimatly leads to the teaching of Perfectionism. That is the teaching that because we have the 2nd blessing, and filled with the Holy Spirit, we are perfect and "can not sin". That also is a non-Biblical teaching.

Hello, Major. Glad to meet you. One thing up front. Hooray for your enthusiasm on this topic.

Not that I am trying to be pickey or anything...but your lead in was "BACK TO SCRIPTUAL REFERENCES TO THE 2nd BLESSING.

I read your post but I did not find a single Bible reference, only quotes from someones book.????????

You said that you " hope this is worth discussing". Lets do that, shall we???

Are you able to see the beginning of this thread? I've only veered once from the initial conception of this topic. All other posts, though quoted from some early holiness books, refer to actual Bible passages. I will briefly state them here:
1. We know it is Scripturally sound to recognize that "in our weakness" we are able to be strong--that is, in our humbleness we are able to come into the presence of the Lord and obtain His strength (it is not our strength). This set the tone of the post.

2. In one of the Holiness books I quoted Rom 5:2 and Heb 9:28 which refers specifically to the 2nd blessing (not Jesus' second coming as so many think). Please read that post for the author's logical interpretation of those passages.

3. I shared some fascinating material from Leviticus about the two washings of the lepers, the two washings of the leprous garments and the two anointings of the leper. It is hard not to see the "twos" that are placed there by the inspired Bible writers in relationship to our "complete cleansing". I hope you'll take a look at these three posts. The Old Testament has many interesting references to a double blessing. Another one, not mentioned yet in any post here, refers to the Tabernacle's two rooms. One is for outer cleansing (sort of like Regeneration) and the other one is closed off except by one appointed priest, once a year. That room is the Holy of holies. Jesus' death on the cross "rent" or tore the curtain that separated the two rooms (His death made it possible for ALL of us to enter into the Holy of holies) but the curtain was only ripped, not removed. It is still necessary for us to seek this holiness, lift up the curtain and peer in, longingly.

Now correct me if I am assuming here, but it seems to me that you are promoting the Penacostal teaching of the "Second Blessing". Having some experience in that faith, lets identify what we are talking about.

Pentecostalism in general promotes a life that is marked by spiritual experience - deeper, higher, fuller, richer spiritual life. In a word, Pentecostals crave more through the Holy Spirit. And the life Pentecostals life is marked by the seeking of and the striving for that "more" of the holy Spirit or as they teach........
"The Second Blessing".

Just so that we are clear, lets use their own words here to explain their teaching.

This is taken from their home page (www.ag.org), Point 7 on "The Baptism of the HG":
"All believers are entitled to and should ardently expect and earnestly seek the promise of the Father, the baptism in the Holy Spirit and fire, according to the command of our Lord Jesus Christ. This was the normal experience of all in the early church. With it comes the enduement of power for life and service, the bestowment of the gifts and their uses in the work of the ministry."Second, we quote from the

Pentecostal Assemblies of Canada, as also set forth on their web page:
"The initial evidence of the baptism in the Holy Spirit is speaking in other tongues as the Spirit gives utterance, Acts 2:1-4, 39; 9:17; 1 Cor. 14:18. This experience is distinct from, and subsequent to, the experience of the new birth, Acts 8:12-17; 10:44-46."

In fact, Pentecostals even argue from the life and experience of Jesus Himself! They say that He too received His special baptism after He trusted in God, prayed, and obeyed (cf. Matt. 3:16,17).

NOW...Should Christians be seeking this second blessing, this baptism with the Holy Spirit? Is there something more for us?

Personally I say NO!!! You are welcome to disagree with me on this and I am sure many will. I love you regardless. This Pentecostal teaching is a deception of the most serious sort! It has confused, misled, and shaken the faith of many. It is to be condemned and rejected, categorically! WHY?????????????????????

First of all, because the Bible simply does not support this position. What John the Baptist promised in connection with the work of Christ was promised to each and every believer, not to a select few. When the elect are saved, they are all baptized with the Holy Ghost and with fire. That is their one and only baptism with the Holy Spirit. At that moment they are purified and empowered to lead sanctified lives and to serve God for whatever He calls them to do and wherever He places them. At the moment of conversion, believers are filled with the Spirit, fully equipped with all they need for living the Christian life of holiness. They are in need of no second blessing; no further, greater, better salvation; no other baptism to seek for. They are complete in Christ, Colossians 2:10; they are given "all things that pertain unto life and godliness" (II Pet. 1:3).

Second of all.... this teaching ultimatly leads to the teaching of Perfectionism. That is the teaching that because we have the 2nd blessing, and filled with the Holy Spirit, we are perfect and "can not sin". That also is a non-Biblical teaching.

I do not believe in "perfectionism" on this planet. Heaven, yes, earth, no. Although Jesus taught us to pray for it "in earth as it is in Heaven", I have found in examining those lives of people who had obtained the 2nd blessing, they often exhibit a kind of falling away from it over time. Its legitimacy is not in question, but its "perfectionism" is easily countered.

There are a lot of "regenerated" Christians who, having achieved their Justification, have stopped seeking for more, and have languished in their "justified" state, living lives that are not too different from their lives before they were "saved." God wants us to seek for His will for our lives, He wants to empower our lives in order that we can actually do His will, and that empowerment comes in "sanctification" in which we hold nothing back from Him (so that we might live our comfortable lives for us). Despite a lot of teaching that God wants us prosperous and comfortable, nowhere in the Bible do I see that any of the prophets or disciples enjoyed the luxury of the latest two story tent and newest style chariot to travel around in.

From "Pentecostal Sanctification" by Beverly Carradine comes:

"Every branch in me that beareth not fruit he taketh away: and every branch that beareth fruit, he purgeth it, that it may bring forth more fruit. -- Joh_15:2.
In this chapter Christ recognizes four different kinds of branches in the vine: the no-fruit branch, the some-fruit branch, the more-fruit branch, and one that bore much fruit. The first is taken away, the second purged that it might become the third, while the fourth is just the kind that every keeper and owner of a vineyard would be glad to have abound. Four classes of Christians is the teaching of this parable. The no-fruit member who is finally taken from visible and actual fellowship with the Savior, and is destroyed. The some-fruit Christian who seeks and obtains the divine work; of "cleansing" or "purging," and becomes more active, diligent, faithful and truthful than ever before. And this same man with Christ's words abiding in him, and he abiding in Christ, becomes simply loaded down with the fruits, graces and gifts of the Spirit. So we are confronted in the spiritual life with the words none--some--more--much: which one will you range yourself under?

I find this appealing. Here I quote from the New Testament, one of Jesus' parables which is interpreted in a Beverly Carradine work. To say that the additional blessing is not in the Bible is to only look at what you believe already. This is easy to do and is done in the world all the time. We only see what we want to see and we can be blind to what we don't want to see. Those who have experienced this "2nd blessing" please share with us here. Thank you.

I find it exciting to know that there is more of God available here and now. That we need only want to do more than just believe in Jesus. We want to devote our lives to His work, we want to be cleansed in a deeper way and be available to allow Him to do a stronger, more visible work through us. Heaven knows, this world needs it. And who, but Christians who believe in the only God, are going to have the strength to tilt the scales for God and His miracles? Who but us? The harvest is ripe. RC

I do not believe in "perfectionism" on this planet. Heaven, yes, earth, no. Although Jesus taught us to pray for it "in earth as it is in Heaven", I have found in examining those lives of people who had obtained the 2nd blessing, they often exhibit a kind of falling away from it over time. Its legitimacy is not in question, but its "perfectionism" is easily countered.

I don't believe anyone will acheive perfection on this earth. Only Jesus was perfect. Now in the sense of being mature in the fatih, that is what I believe the scripture means when it say to become a perfect man.

There are a lot of "regenerated" Christians who, having achieved their Justification, have stopped seeking for more, and have languished in their "justified" state, living lives that are not too different from their lives before they were "saved." God wants us to seek for His will for our lives, He wants to empower our lives in order that we can actually do His will, and that empowerment comes in "sanctification" in which we hold nothing back from Him (so that we might live our comfortable lives for us).

When we repent, that is, turn from our ways to God's ways, and recieve Jesus that is when the Spirit of God changes our heart of stone to a heart of flesh. By His Spirit we are regenerated, a born again Christian, a new creature in Christ. As we stay close to Him, praying and reading His Word, we will grow in the Lord and the fruit of the Spirit will be developed in our lives. He is in us but then we need to be endued with power from on high as the early Christians did in Acts 2:4, Acts 10:45-46, and several other verses. The Spirit of God comes upon us and we are given this power to do the works of Jesus, to minister to others. Otherwise, we are just trying to serve God in our own power and strength, which won't last long at all. Then people give up and fall away sometimes when they get to that point.

When we repent, that is, turn from our ways to God's ways, and recieve Jesus that is when the Spirit of God changes our heart of stone to a heart of flesh. By His Spirit we are regenerated, a born again Christian, a new creature in Christ. As we stay close to Him, praying and reading His Word, we will grow in the Lord and the fruit of the Spirit will be developed in our lives. He is in us but then we need to be endued with power from on high as the early Christians did in Acts 2:4, Acts 10:45-46, and several other verses. The Spirit of God comes upon us and we are given this power to do the works of Jesus, to minister to others. Otherwise, we are just trying to serve God in our own power and strength, which won't last long at all. Then people give up and fall away sometimes when they get to that point.

"But then we need to be imbued with power from on high..." That's the key, GodSpeaks, right there. That is what this thread is dwelling on--that is the 2nd blessing. It is NOT the "born again" experience that happens when one sees that Christ is the way, and takes Him into his heart. That is the first blessing and it is a wonderful experience. I believe it was designed by God to let us know we've made a good, sound decision for Christ. But, now what?

We, who are already Christians, need to desire with all of our hearts, minds, and spirits, to know God and love Him in the greatest possible way. And we need to love each other as we love ourselves. These are the two GREAT commandments that Jesus gave us to fulfill all the laws and prophets. Would you agree, GodSpeaks, that we need to be elevated above the Sunday, Wednesday feeding from a pastor--and discover this "living water" ourselves?

From "Pentecostal Sanctification" by Beverly Carradine comes:

I find this appealing. Here I quote from the New Testament, one of Jesus' parables which is interpreted in a Beverly Carradine work. To say that the additional blessing is not in the Bible is to only look at what you believe already. This is easy to do and is done in the world all the time. We only see what we want to see and we can be blind to what we don't want to see. Those who have experienced this "2nd blessing" please share with us here. Thank you.

I find it exciting to know that there is more of God available here and now. That we need only want to do more than just believe in Jesus. We want to devote our lives to His work, we want to be cleansed in a deeper way and be available to allow Him to do a stronger, more visible work through us. Heaven knows, this world needs it. And who, but Christians who believe in the only God, are going to have the strength to tilt the scales for God and His miracles? Who but us? The harvest is ripe. RC

I have received the 2nd Blessing, and the 3rd and the 4th and the 5th and................

God blesses His children all the time and it is not limited to TWO. As I read John 15, I see that just like the husbandman disposes of branches that bear no fruit so the Father judges those who bear no "spiritual" fruit. HE PURGETH IT! The husbandman prunes (Gr. kathaireo) the branches which bear fruit in order for them to bear MORE FRUIT. In the same manner, God the Father cleans Christians who are bearing fruit so that they can bear more fruit. Fruit is the natural product of a living organism and spiritual fruit is a product of a spiritual union.

Personally, and I looked real hard, I do not see any basis in the text to confirm a 2nd blessing.

Verse 9-10 Jesus seems to be focused on teaching His disciples on LOVE.

From a historical POV, the "holiness" people of old, did see the 2nd blessing in John 15 and in hundreds of other places, both old and new testament. I'm sort of laying them out, a little at a time, here. What is the process for allowing Jesus to "prune our spiritual branches" so that more fruit will manifest? In this world, run by Satan, I doubt that allowing Jesus to prune our spiritual branches comes naturally. We have to ask for this. I believe it requires an amazing willingness on our part. Also, pruning requires SOME fruit to have grown so that, when the Master prunes us, there will be much more fruit to come. Some fruit= Justification, More fruit=Sanctification.

I'm glad you have received so many blessings from God. I find mine to be virtually uncountable. BUT, Major, do you agree we are desperate for major miracles from God--as a nation, as a world? Are you of the theory that God is going to manifest and surprise everyone with His power? (Separate the chaff from the wheat). I'm sure He is but meanwhile, there is an increasingly faithless world with people who cannot see anything holy or spiritual at all. Most certainly you believe in prayer. Why are we not all on our faces before the Lord, crying out for this increasingly secular, modernistic, atheistic world to awaken to God's amazing grace?

I have read many missionary stories. These missionaries often led lives just like you and me but something happened where they honestly believe they were called of God, to go on the mission field. How many people (claiming Christianity as their faith) have settled into a hum-drum existence, just existing each day, hardly living their faith? Hardly living at all?

I truthfully think we can do better. This thread is not about something that we don't want. Let's just realize that the 2nd blessing is a desire for MORE of our Lord and Savior. Help us, Lord, not settle for anything less than a complete committment to You. Help us, Lord, be willing to trust You so much that we are willing to step out on a limb of Your choosing, Lord, to give even our lives for You.

We, who are already Christians, need to desire with all of our hearts, minds, and spirits, to know God and love Him in the greatest possible way. And we need to love each other as we love ourselves. These are the two GREAT commandments that Jesus gave us to fulfill all the laws and prophets. Would you agree, GodSpeaks, that we need to be elevated above the Sunday, Wednesday feeding from a pastor--and discover this "living water" ourselves?

Yes, absolutely!

For those of you who'd like to study some of the material I'm using for this thread, please feel free to visit http://wesley.nnu.edu/sermons-essays-books/holiness-classics-library/ where you can freely read hundreds of holiness books from an earlier era. I felt divinely led to this study a few years ago as, just before being guided into it, God gave me a song which I link you to now. Right after this song was given, I was led to an old holy book that talked about the "live coal" (mentioned at Isaiah 6:5-7) and found out that this whole holiness movement thinks that verse very special in its message.

I hope some of you decide to take a look (and listen) to this material. Bless you.

"The word sanctification and its relative terms are found in the Bible about twenty-two hundred times. This being true, I face this situation, namely, if I am prejudiced against sanctification and holiness, I am prejudiced against that which is webbed and woven all through the Word of God. Bishop Foster speaking of holiness in the Bible has this to say:

'It breathes in the prophecy, thunders in the law, murmurs in the narrative, whispers in the promises, supplicates in the prayers, sparkles in the poetry, resounds in the songs, speaks in the types, glows in the imagery, voices in the language, and burns in the spirit of its whole scheme, from its alpha to its omega, from its beginning to its end. Holiness! holiness required! holiness needed! holiness offered! holiness attainable! holiness a present duty! a present privilege! a present enjoyment! is the progress and completeness of its wondrous theme! It is the truth glowing all over, webbing all through revelation; the glorious truth that sparkles, and whispers, and sings, and shouts, in all its history, and biography, and poetry, and prophecy, and precept, and promise, and prayer, the great central truth of the system.'"​

I thought you might enjoy this quote from Charles B. Allen and his pamphlet entitled "Pardon--Conversion--Purity--Sanctification" published around 1911. Blessings to you today!

In my personal experience as a Christian
When I received Christ as my savior i received and was indwelt permanently by the Holy Spirit as well.

Rom 8:9 But ye are not in the flesh but in the Spirit, if so be that the Spirit of God dwelleth in you. But if any man hath not the Spirit of Christ, he is none of his. At that moment I received all spiritual blessings.(Eph. 1:3)

From that day forth I have received many fillings of the Spirit.
Eph 5:18 And be not drunken with wine, wherein is riot, but be filled with the Spirit;
Eph 5:19 speaking one to another in psalms and hymns and spiritual songs, singing and making melody with your heart to the Lord;
Eph 5:20 giving thanks always for all things in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ to God, even the Father;
(Ac 2:4-11)(Ac 4:8-12,31)(Ac 6:3,5) (Ac 7:55-56) (Ac 13:8-10).

What you are looking for, this second blessing to be experienced, I experience daily by walking in the Spirit.

In my personal experience as a Christian
When I received Christ as my savior i received and was indwelt permanently by the Holy Spirit as well.

Rom 8:9 But ye are not in the flesh but in the Spirit, if so be that the Spirit of God dwelleth in you. But if any man hath not the Spirit of Christ, he is none of his. At that moment I received all spiritual blessings.(Eph. 1:3)

From that day forth I have received many fillings of the Spirit.
Eph 5:18 And be not drunken with wine, wherein is riot, but be filled with the Spirit;
Eph 5:19 speaking one to another in psalms and hymns and spiritual songs, singing and making melody with your heart to the Lord;
Eph 5:20 giving thanks always for all things in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ to God, even the Father;
(Ac 2:4-11)(Ac 4:8-12,31)(Ac 6:3,5) (Ac 7:55-56) (Ac 13:8-10).

What you are looking for, this second blessing to be experienced, I experience daily by walking in the Spirit.

Great, Eddie B., I applaud your complete devotion to God and your walking in the Holy Spirit. Sanctification is exactly that and if your life is living proof of Christ's existence, and you are finding your reaction to others leans toward holiness no matter what they are doing to you, praise God. This thread is for the Christians (myself included) who desire more of Christ's expression in their lives, who are not satisfied with their walk and who feel that there is more to Christ's prayer regarding "on earth as it is in Heaven" than is currently being lived.

All of the Bible verses you quote are related to sanctification, not justification. Those verses are celebrating, not a turning to the Lord, but going deeper into the Lord and I fully desire that. God continue to bless you, Eddie B.

In my personal experience as a Christian.....
As I walk in the Spirit by faith is all I need to do in order to experience all of Gods blessing . According to Gods word as I experience the life of Christ in all areas of my life I am totally and completely satisfied and fulfilled in every way. Justification is being birthed into the family of God, sanctification is living daily in his family.

Back