Scripture on housecleaning?

Scripture on housecleaning?

I know that sounds goofy, but I'm wondering if anyone knows of any good scripture on housecleaning or cleanliness? I am the mother of 3 and I homeschool and my husband recently started a new career as a truck driver so he is gone all the time. With all of this to juggle housework has taken a backseat to everything else. I truly believe that if you do all things through the Lord than they will be done with greatness so I'd like to pray on it.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thank You!

Thats a good one Violet...

Are you a servant or a teacher to your children?

Even at a very young age they can be taught many things, on how to do things for themselves...

Older kids can learn many household duties so you are not a servant all their lives...

Ex. LOL LOL my girlfriend started making sandwiches for her 11 year old child.... Asking her do you want mayo, do you want lettuce, do you want mustard, how about cheese???

I couldn't stand it any longer, I looked at her and said doesn't your daughter know how to make her own sandwich by now???

She thought for a few moments and said, your right and gave her daughter the sandwich to finish...

Her daughter in amazement ... actually appreciated her mother having such confidence in her...

Another friend of mine has the time to foster babes and tottlers with her 2 kids... She has taught her children to be self sufficient as much as their age can handle... So she can do the Work of the Lord...

Teacher and servant both!
All of my children have been taught to cook when they were very young.
They all know how to do laundry too.
Yet, I also love doing things for them as a
mommy! :)
I find it a privilege to serve my family~

---------------- Now playing: CryHoly via FoxyTunes

I'd agree that I'm a teacher and a servant to my children. For instance my 8 year old did the dishes while my 4 year old carried the dirty laundry downstairs to the laundry room and after they both watched their younger sister while I tidied up my own room. They are homeschooled and part of that is learning how to care for the home and to cook, bake, sew...the basic home economics that are no longer taught in schools I suppose. I want my girls to know how to care for themselves when they move out so I'm teaching them the lifeskills as I feel they are ready for them. But I am also trying to do everything through the Lord so I would like scripture to pray on as I do, and to pass on to my children so that they can see that the Lord is pleased with our work.

Does that make sense?

It makes absolute perfect sense!!!
I feel the same!
Try to study on Proverbs 31
and Titus 2
:)

I read Proverbs last night and stayed up longer than usual writing it out LOL. My friend and I have referred to that in the past, we love the part that says "Her clothing is fine linen and purple" we went out and got matching purple earrings to remind us to be like the verse. But it's been a long time since I read it and I want to remember it throughout my day. I love Titus 2 as well, thank you for sharing!!

GOD Bless!

It makes absolute perfect sense!!!

I feel the same!
Try to study on Proverbs 31
and Titus 2
:)

Well, you might guess my favorite color is purple!!! :)
I really welcome you and hope you stay!

I'd agree that I'm a teacher and a servant to my children. For instance my 8 year old did the dishes while my 4 year old carried the dirty laundry downstairs to the laundry room and after they both watched their younger sister while I tidied up my own room. They are homeschooled and part of that is learning how to care for the home and to cook, bake, sew...the basic home economics that are no longer taught in schools I suppose. I want my girls to know how to care for themselves when they move out so I'm teaching them the lifeskills as I feel they are ready for them. But I am also trying to do everything through the Lord so I would like scripture to pray on as I do, and to pass on to my children so that they can see that the Lord is pleased with our work.

Does that make sense?

PERRRRRRRRRRRRFECT... They will grow up confident and wise... You are a very good mother...

You should know that Violet is the Mother heart of this Forum... She has been gifted with Grace, Love, Wisdom, Compassion...

When I read her post I can smell fresh home baked cookies... and know if she could she would baked them for all of us everymorning... She is a great blessing... We all love her very much

Yes and he blessed me with 8 children!
You are so sweet, Beloved.
I made you something, but its not cookies......
Snaggables/members

PERRRRRRRRRRRRFECT... They will grow up confident and wise... You are a very good mother...

You should know that Violet is the Mother heart of this Forum... She has been gifted with Grace, Love, Wisdom, Compassion...

When I read her post I can smell fresh home baked cookies... and know if she could she would baked them for all of us everymorning... She is a great blessing... We all love her very much

Yes Beloved you hit the nail on the head. and truer words have a great value and meaning and we value and love Violet for her extra care and love. I do not want to see her go as I am already devastated by Bro Larry's leaving. Living by myself and being a senior is a great comfort to come here and talk to you all. I love you all like you lived next door.

You know, Dusty, in reality YOU are the female strength on this forum!
You aren't old, no sir, but you are wise!
You have the most tender heart and you better never leave us!!!
:groupray:

there is no right or wrong,your free to choose,stick to the big rules.then don,t worry about minor things.

Philippians 4:13 I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me!

We say this prayer whenever we feel discouraged....why didn't I see it before. I need to say this pray when I'm feeling overwhelmed with household duties as well! :D

Vision, they truly are!
Thank you for saying that~
Sometimes you get looked down on for this~

Back