Scripture translating

Scripture translating

I was hoping to find a thread where when I come across a piece of scripture that is just too confusing, I could come and post it on here and someone might be able to translate it to something I can understand. Anyone else can come in here with their own scripture as well.

Proverbs 11:1 The wages of the righteous bring them life, but the income of the wicked brings them punishment.

Proverbs 12:6 He who seeks good finds goodwill, but evil comes to him who searches for it.

Proverbs 12:7 Better to be nobody and yet have a servant than pretend to be somebody and have no food.

Also.. I was hoping someone could let me know where in the bible could be the best info on relationships and marriages.

Those proverbs specify the basic differences between the actions of those who follow God's instructions for righteous living, and those who follow the doctrines of Satan.

Almost all of the Book of Proverbs is a comparison between good and evil. Please read with me in Proverbs 1:1-7 (NLT) as to why Solomon wrote these examples of right and wrong:

Proverbs 1:1-7 (NLT) -

The Purpose of Proverbs

1 These are the proverbs of Solomon, David’s son, king of Israel.
2 Their purpose is to teach people wisdom and discipline,
to help them understand the insights of the wise.
3 Their purpose is to teach people to live disciplined and successful lives,
to help them do what is right, just, and fair.
4 These proverbs will give insight to the simple,
knowledge and discernment to the young.
5 Let the wise listen to these proverbs and become even wiser.
Let those with understanding receive guidance
6 by exploring the meaning in these proverbs and parables,
the words of the wise and their riddles.
7 Fear (respect) of the Lord is the foundation of true knowledge,
but fools despise wisdom and discipline.

========================================================

Also, your relationships information can generally be found in Paul's teachings as found in 1 Corinthians 6-7 (KJV).

Read ALL of the text including the first part of chapter 6 regarding law suits. This sets the stage for his teachings on promiscuity from Chapter 6, verse 9 on - as well as his teachings regarding marriage in Chapter 7.

I was kinda dissapointed, it had barely anything about relationships except for the don't be unequally yoked thing. And I hate trying to understand the bible. Like tryin to understand Shakespear.

The Holy Spirit is our teacher- ask Him to help.

I was kinda dissapointed, it had barely anything about relationships except for the don't be unequally yoked thing. And I hate trying to understand the bible. Like tryin to understand Shakespear.

Hey, Cheezydude!:D

When I was younger, I was fortunate in that I was awfully withdrawn and painfully shy. I always had my nose in a book. Stephen King was my favorite (his earlier works, before he went grouchy on the world).

By reading, I learned to taste words. By tasting them, I learned to see their colors. You really can taste the words, my friend! The way they join together, their meanings, etc. Consciously try to put that into work for you.

With each word you read, don't just skim over it. It took time for the author (or Author) to write it down. Say the word in your mind...feel its contours. Taste it. Don't read just for the purpose of finishing whatever you're reading. Read to gain the meaning, they're two separate things. All words have flavors, cherish them.

If something really strikes you as the truth in the bible...take a second to marvel at its meaning...put your book down and stare off into space and repeat what you just read outloud. Feel the words. Know that these words came from God, they're his gift to you.

I could never get into Shakespear, but the bible is one of my favorites above all. I especially like the verses that are like a slap in the face...concrete truth.

Let me take a stab at one of the verses you quoted, tasting the words...

Proverbs 12:6 He who seeks good finds goodwill, but evil comes to him who searches for it.

"He who seeks good" to me is "If you're looking for good things." "Finds goodwill" to me is "finds kindness all around him." "But evil comes to him" to me is "Evil is going to come". "To him who searches for it" to me is "if you're looking for it."

So the verse tells my heart, "If you're on the lookout for good, you're going to see good being done all around you. But if it's evil that you're looking for, then you're going to find evil."

See? Taste the words.

Say cheese!:D

Have you prayed for your heart to be open and the Holy Spirit to guide you? I have not ever had a questioned unanswered by the Father. Then after He answers it, He always had affrimation from others.

Back