SECOND COMING

godbe4me

Unavailable
Staff Member on LOA
Missionary Gregory Fisher writes:

"What will He say when He shouts?"
The question took me by surprise. I had already found that West African Bible College Students can ask some of the most penetrating questions about minute details of Scripture.

"Reverend, 1 Thessalonians 4:16 says that Christ will descend from heaven with a loud command. I would like to know what that command will be."

I wanted to leave the question unanswered, to tell him that we must not go past what Scripture has revealed, but my mind wandered to an encounter I had earlier in the day with a refugee from the Liberian civil war.

The man, a high school principal, told me how he was apprehended by a two-man death squad. After several hours of terror, as the men described how they would torture and kill him, he narrowly escaped. After hiding in the bush for two days, he was able to find his family and escape to a neighboring country. The escape cost him dearly: two of his children lost their lives. The stark cruelty unleashed on an unsuspecting, undeserving population had touched me deeply.

I also saw flashbacks of the beggars that I pass each morning on my way to the office. Every day I see how poverty destroys dignity, robs men of the best of what it means to be human, and sometimes substitutes the worst of what it means to be an animal. I am haunted by the vacant eyes of people who have lost all hope.

"Reverend, you have not given me an answer. What will He say?"
The question hadn't gone away. "Enough,'" I said "He will shout, 'Enough!' when he returns.

A look of surprise opened the face of the student. "What do you mean, 'enough'?"

"Enough suffering. Enough starvation. Enough terror. Enough death. Enough indignity. Enough lives trapped in hopelessness. Enough sickness and disease. Enough time. ENOUGH!"

Hope, Millennium

Amen.

One great thing about being in the kingdom of God is that we as believers can be (and are called to be) ambassadors of the gospel now in this time. To take the burden removing, yoke destroying anointing to those whom are trapped in the enemy's lies.

To take the Father's love that was deposited within us when we were born again (Romans 5:5), and the finances that He blesses us with (2 Corinthians 9:8) and be a blessing and a witness of God's love and grace for those whom are with out hope.

For our command is this.....
Luk 4:18 — Luk 4:19
The Spirit of the Lord is upon me, because he hath anointed me to preach the gospel to the poor; he hath sent me to heal the brokenhearted, to preach deliverance to the captives, and recovering of sight to the blind, to set at liberty them that are bruised, To preach the acceptable year of the Lord.

To be Christ followers and imitators always being ready to give an answer for the hope that lies within us and share the seeds of the gospel.
1 Peter 3:15
But sanctify the Lord God in your hearts: and be ready always to give an answer to every man that asketh you a reason of the hope that is in you with meekness and fear

Thank you for blessing us with this reminder to always be about the Father's and the kingdom business.

Amen.

One great thing about being in the kingdom of God is that we as believers can be (and are called to be) ambassadors of the gospel now in this time. To take the burden removing, yoke destroying anointing to those whom are trapped in the enemy's lies.

To take the Father's love that was deposited within us when we were born again (Romans 5:5), and the finances that He blesses us with (2 Corinthians 9:8) and be a blessing and a witness of God's love and grace for those whom are with out hope.

For our command is this.....
Luk 4:18 — Luk 4:19
The Spirit of the Lord is upon me, because he hath anointed me to preach the gospel to the poor; he hath sent me to heal the brokenhearted, to preach deliverance to the captives, and recovering of sight to the blind, to set at liberty them that are bruised, To preach the acceptable year of the Lord.

To be Christ followers and imitators always being ready to give an answer for the hope that lies within us and share the seeds of the gospel.
1 Peter 3:15
But sanctify the Lord God in your hearts: and be ready always to give an answer to every man that asketh you a reason of the hope that is in you with meekness and fear

Thank you for blessing us with this reminder to always be about the Father's and the kingdom business.

Then the King will say to those at His right hand, Come, you blessed of My Father [you favored of God and appointed to eternal salvation], inherit (receive as your own) the kingdom prepared for you from the foundation of the world.

35 For I was hungry and you gave Me food, I was thirsty and you gave Me something to drink, I was a stranger and you brought Me together with yourselves and welcomed and entertained and lodged Me,

36 I was naked and you clothed Me, I was sick and you visited Me with help and ministering care, I was in prison and you came to see Me.

Back