Seeing God

I hear people say all the time, why doesn't God visually show himself to the world?

So why doesn't he?

What would it hurt if he did?

Wouldn't it eliminate all doubt?

Wouldn't it get rid of all the crazy religions such as Islam and Buddhists?

Share what your thoughts are on this.

I hear people say all the time, why doesn't God visually show himself to the world?

So why doesn't he?

Where then is the faith? Faith is what reveals the unseen.

P.S. Because this is what'll happen when He does:

Revelation 6:14-16 (KJV)
And the heaven departed as a scroll when it is rolled together; and every mountain and island were moved out of their places. And the kings of the earth, and the great men, and the rich men, and the chief captains, and the mighty men, and every bondman, and every free man, hid themselves in the dens and in the rocks of the mountains; And said to the mountains and rocks, Fall on us, and hide us from the face of him that sitteth on the throne, and from the wrath of the Lamb:​

So why doesn't he?

I don't think that would change anything.. World would only find ways to question and say that was not really God.. Probably they would attribute it to some alien effect!! So it would really make no difference.. Didn't make any different when Jesus visited earth.. Would not make any different even today..

Second, mankind cannot handle Glory of God.. We all will die I guess.. If God would reveal Himself..

When Adam decided that the world could work fine without God, God granted that wish.
That's why the heavens and the earth were separated.
You are on earth, God is in heaven. What we need is someone who belongs in both realms who can make the way possible?

And today? Man is still doing his best to eradicate every sign of God's existence.

So why doesn't he?

God does not want puppets. He wants to give us the choice to believe in Him or not.

in John 14:22-24 is Jesus's reply to that question.

Angels have no choice, but we are created a little higher than the angels, and we can choose to worship Him because we want to, not because He requires it.

If you have a child, would you want them to love you because you made them, or would you want them to love you of their own free will?

God does not want puppets. He wants to give us the choice to believe in Him or not.

in John 14:22-24 is Jesus's reply to that question.

Angels have no choice, but we are created a little higher than the angels, and we can choose to worship Him because we want to, not because He requires it.

If you have a child, would you want them to love you because you made them, or would you want them to love you of their own free will?

How does seeing God make anyone a puppet?

I have 3 children. They see me everyday. I'm not sure how they would feel about me if they never saw me.

Heb 2:9 But we see Jesus, who was made a little lower than the angels for the suffering of death, crowned with glory and honour; that he by the grace of God should taste death for every man.

1Jn 3:6 Whosoever abideth in him sinneth not: whosoever sinneth hath not seen him, neither known him.

2Co 3:18 But we all, with open face beholding as in a glass the glory of the Lord, are changed into the same image from glory to glory, even as by the Spirit of the Lord.

Heb 11:27 By faith he left Egypt, not being afraid of the anger of the king, for he endured as seeing him who is invisible.

Maybe we are not seeing him because we don't believe we can! Jesus guaranteed that if we love him he will "manifest" him self to us!!
Do not expect to see Jesus with your physical eyes, as they were designed to see into the spiritual realm, but you heart can!!!

So why doesn't he?

God is God, he does what he pleases.

So why doesn't he?

God has already visually and physically revealed Himself to the world---in the person of Jesus.

John 14:7-9
If you had really known me, you would know who my Father is. From now on, you do know him and have seen him!”
8 Philip said, “Lord, show us the Father, and we will be satisfied.”

9 Jesus replied, “Have I been with you all this time, Philip, and yet you still don’t know who I am? Anyone who has seen me has seen the Father! So why are you asking me to show him to you?

How does seeing God make anyone a puppet?

I have 3 children. They see me everyday. I'm not sure how they would feel about me if they never saw me.
Hi ASUK,
There is a big difference between you and God. You just like your children are the created and on the other side God is the creator. What Cturtle is referring to is that God desires us to love Him for who He is. Out side of faith we can not please God. There is more then enough evidence showing that He is real.

If He showed Himself then we would see His true beauty and Holiness and Majesticness. We would be in awe and perhaps even scared. Then you would feel you had to love Him out of fear. What I am trying to say is this. God desires us to love Him freely for who He is. Our choice to beleive in Him and love Him other wise He could have just forced every one to love Him but He loves us more then we can understand and so He has given us this choice to make.

One other try here..........Because that is the way God decided to do things and since he decided to do things this way it is a good thing in the way He does things.
Blessings
Jim

So why doesn't he?

So why doesn't he?

The reality of faith tells us, yes there is something missing there is something wrong. It’s right that your instinct says wait a minute this is so important why doesn’t God s just show up, why doesn’t God just perfectly reveal himself, why doesn’t God just give us tangible empirical evidence of who He is. The scriptures are telling us the reason for this is not because He doesn’t want to reveal Himself, but because we cannot contain His presence.

What God is telling us through Isaiah, is that the glory, the presence, the reality of God is everywhere, that God is making himself known to all of us, but our capacity to perceive his existence is defective

Which is where faith comes up

Why do we need faith, why doesn’t God just show up, well He has shown up, but we are like the blind that can’t see, the deaf that cant hear, or the numb that can’t feel.

He presses up against us, He speaks into our souls, and He woe us to himself softly, He brings light into dark places. He does everything to make us aware that the kingdom of God is within us, but unless we are born of His spirit we won’t even see this Kingdom.

You don’t need faith to believe in God, you need faith to see and to know what is real
from Erwin McManus

Last edited:
Back