Seek and ye shall find

Seek and ye shall find

[I am putting this up before it is time for me to hit the sack. I'm sorry for the delay I have been out most of the day and the traffic was atrocious coming back from Santa Barbara to Orange County so mind me...:eek:]

------------------------
Seek and ye shall find [it]

Have you ever felt that you search and search for one thing and have never found it? No matter how hard you try that one object/person/thing is more elusive than you ever thought.

When we continue to seek we will eventually find [it]. When do not seek we will not find anything.

When we feel as if God is somewhere far away He actually isn't. God is much, much more closer than you think, but you are just looking in the wrong direction, or looking so hard you don't check the right places.

Just like the television remote was up under your couch (as it usually is...), God is right there in front of you. Don't stress yourself out trying to search so hard for Him that you look around where He really is.

Seek and ye shall find it. Seek God and you shall find Him.

God is much closer than you think.

--------------------------------

The lesson here today is....

- We sometimes feel God can never be found, and give up seeking Him.

- When we give up seeking God we give up faith in ever finding Him. Without Him we can do nothing.

- The more we seek, the closer we get to finding Him. Sometimes, God may do a little "testing" of sorts to see how much you will seek Him.

- Sometimes, we are looking to hard and in the wrong places that we overlook where He really IS. Have you ever tried to find your keys? Your remote? You look so hard for it that you don't even notice it's right there in front of you!

- God is much closer than we think. It's just that we need to slow down a little. Don't panic. Relax. Take a deep breath. And begin slowly...and don't forget to always go back a few steps.

;)

NTG

Wow Sister you are indeed not near to God but in lord Christ God, we need to find the correct frequency to tune in, but at times there is a lot of static. Has anyone here received conformation through seeking?

A great reminder Near! We are not only in Him but He dwells in us!

For me… I couldn’t find God for a long time. I was looking to hard. I slowed down and looked to the side. He was right there beside me the whole time.
Psa 46:10 Be still, and know that I am God…

I just didn’t know He was right there when I was looking.
Now that I have found Him…

Phi 3:14 I press on toward the goal unto the prize of the high calling of God in Christ Jesus.

For me… I couldn’t find God for a long time. I was looking to hard. I slowed down and looked to the side. He was right there beside me the whole time.
Psa 46:10 Be still, and know that I am God…

I just didn’t know He was right there when I was looking.
Now that I have found Him…
Phi 3:14 I press on toward the goal unto the prize of the high calling of God in Christ Jesus.

Dean .... Be still and know that I am God is a great verse that has gotten me through a lot of lifes" crisies . I have also learned that that is what we need to do ... step back and and in the still quietness let Him tell us that He is still there... He knows best and just to trust Him.

Near .... thanks .... I am enjoying all your wonderful thoughts. Yes seek and we will definately find. We will find that God loves us so much and that it is beyond even our wildest dreams how much He loves us.

Back