Seek Knowledge

Seek Knowledge

How long, ye simple will ye love simplicity? and scorners delight in their scorning, and fools hate knowledge? Turn you at my reproof: behold, I will pour out my spirit unto you, I will make known my words unto you (Proverbs 1:22-23)
preach.gif

When you come to Christ, one of the very first things you'll discover is a deep hunger for the Word of God. All you want to do is to know more about this Saviour that redeemed your soul from destruction. You'll make use of every opportunity to hear the word of God, not wanting to miss out on anything.
It matters what you do with what God has given to you. In the opening scripture, when God addressed the simple, He also rebuked the scorners, those who treat the Word with reproach and He called such people fools. What characteristics differentiate a wise man from a foolish man? According to the Bible, a wise man will hear and will increase learning (Proverbs 1:5), but a foolish man despises wisdom and instruction (Proverbs 1:7)
The Lord gives further instruction in the twenty-third verse of the first chapter of Proverbs on what to do when you find yourself in this predicament. He said, "Turn you at my reproof: behold, I will pour out my spirit unto, I will make known my words unto you." That means He wants to pour out His Spirit unto His children, to rekindle their fire for the Word. So, He encouraged them to, "Come here and listen to me ..."(Proverbs 1:23 TLB). When you listen, He'll pour His Spirit unto you. That's how to fan aglow the embers of your passion for the Word.

pray.gif
Prayer
Father, stir up the hunger for your Word in my spirit I pray. Let me seek after your Word passionately, so that I may gain wisdom and understanding, in Jesus' Name, Amen.

Amen Yemsot- we are desperately in need of wisdom from God but are sometimes oblivious from it thanks for a good word- your brother Larry

Amen..nicely said..I tottally agree...as I was listening to a preacher the other day he was saying how He remebered back in the old days how people rejoiced when they heard the truth, but now when you tell the truth people get mad about it and want to leave! How true was he!

Indeed!
Ignorance is most assuredly not bliss; rather it is the death knell of the proud and the undoing of the arrogant. But…with great knowledge comes great responsibility, and those who know but don’t DO will only heap burning coals upon their own heads. There is no middle ground, there is life or there is death. “The Son of man has no place to rest His head”, in fact no rest at all.

Choose life, open the gift.

seekinghokmah;1467[COLOR=black said:
“The Son of man has no place to rest His headâ€, in fact no rest at all.[/COLOR].
I am a little cofused by that quote as we as christians are commanded to enter God's rest and indeed the Sabath rest was a type and shadow of us resting from our own works in Jesus Christ our Lord - perhaps I am not understanding your meaning-

Heb 4:1 Let us therefore fear, lest, although a promise being left us of entering into his rest, any of you should seem to come short of it.
Heb 4:2 For unto us was the gospel preached, as well as unto them: but the word preached did not profit them, not being mixed with faith in them that heard it.
Heb 4:3 For we who have believed do enter into rest, as he said, As I have sworn in my wrath, they shall not enter into my rest: although the works were finished from the foundation of the world.

I think they are talking about Jesus, and how he dosent rest he is always making intercession on our behalf...I might be wrong but that is where I think they are comming from with that statement

Sorry for the confusion, I can see how you might see an apparent contradiction between the two mentions of rest in scripture. The passage I quoted refers to the fact that Jesus had no earthly home, I refered to it metaphorically in the sense that we have no place to rest in our search for knowledge...it is a journey with no end. We never arrrive at one place and build a house, unless we want to become tyrants of dogma. Truth does not change, but our understanding of it's scope and context MUST change.
God's rest is something entirely different, if you examine the two passages in context I'm sure you will find no contradiction despite the fact they both use the word rest.

Back