Seeker registration

Seeker registration

Being relatively new to the forum I don't realy know what the official or unofical policy on seeker or new christian registration is. I have come across a situation were I believe a person to be sincere but not yet a commited Christian. they are seeking information to asist in their decission and or a place to get early interactive learning about the faith.
I'm sure that the statement of faith for this person would be a stumbling block. Not that they don't believe but being new they don't realy know if they agree or not because they have not been informed as to what some of it means.

What I'm asking here is;
Is there a way the forum could have a seeker registration that either allows a limited or probationary membership without commiting to something they don't understand?
With a designation of seeker under their name it would let members know their status so they can be helped and or monitored.

Statement of Faith

1) The Holy Scriptures, in it’s original form, is the inerrant Word of God.
2) There is only one God who reveals Himself as Father, Son, and Holy Spirit.
3) We are separated from God due to sin.
4) God's Son, Jesus Christ, was born of the virgin Mary, died on the cross for our sins, and rose again on the third day.
5) We can only be saved by repenting of sin, and accepting Jesus Christ as our Lord and Savior by faith. This salvation is provided by the grace of God. We cannot be saved through our own efforts or works.

I'm sure if we each look back to our early walk we relaize that at one time we did not know what some of these faith statements meant.
I personaly would hate to think that we turned away a sincere believer or seeker simply because they had not been taught these doctrines.
Or that they turned away because they did not want to commit to something they did not understand or lie in doing so.

I realize that it may be complicated and possibly leave an open for undesirables but feel that the service to the will of our Lord would be worth the effort and risk.

Mat 18:14 Even so it is not the will of your Father which is in heaven, that one of these little ones should perish.

2Pe 3:9 The Lord is not slack concerning his promise, as some men count slackness; but is longsuffering to us-ward, not willing that any should perish, but that all should come to repentance.
Sincerely
His and
yous
Cliff

Cliff, you are making a very valid point. I would love to have seekers on the forum so they could be properly guided with our help. If its someone you know, do invite them here and if possible include the referrers name (your username) in the registration form so we know he/she is a genuine seeker. When you invite the person via email, use the referral id on your usercp page (http://www.christianforumsite.com/usercp.php).

About the limited or probationary membership for seekers, I'll discuss this with the moderators. :)

Back