Seems Five Years Later and I Still Have an Issue With Going To Church!

Personally, I have been in both High Churches (liturgical) and Low Churches (Baptist-like), but if I had to choose, between the two, I'd go with low church, because the emphasis is on God's Word and it's teaching.

Which is exactly your choice to make and I have no issues with what church you attend. I would hope the same courtesy would be shown me as well.

"Low churches" as you have called them aren't anything that calls to me. I have been in many and not one single one called to me as the Episcopal Church has.

Which is exactly your choice to make and I have no issues with what church you attend. I would hope the same courtesy would be shown me as well.

"Low churches" as you have called them aren't anything that calls to me. I have been in many and not one single one called to me as the Episcopal Church has.
In the title to this thread includes the words "still have an issue with going to Church" which I take pertains to your wife's privilege to take your child to an Independent Baptist Church.
So by the same token perhaps you should show her the same courtesy as well?

In the title to this thread includes the words "still have an issue with going to Church" which I take pertains to your wife's privilege to take your child to an Independent Baptist Church.
So by the same token perhaps you should show her the same courtesy as well?

I'm not following.

I have no issues with her taking them to whatever church she wants to take them to. I believe she should show me the same courtesy and allow me to take them to the church that I have chosen as my church, but she does not. I don't believe I have once said she couldn't take them to her church.

Why am I going to go to a church that I don't agree with? That is why I am no longer Catholic and I was raised Catholic. I no longer agreed with the church. Why would I go to a Baptist church when I don't agree with it, when I wouldn't do the same with the Catholic church?

My divorce went through in June of 2016 and my ex-wife obtained the final say on where our children attend church. The only church that she will let me go to with them is an independent Baptist church where she attends every now and then. I myself prefer liturgical churches. I was a cradle Catholic that has left the church and will not go back. I have bounced around in other liturgical churches, but since have found a home in the Episcopal church, partly because that is what my girlfriend is and partly because it really does feel like home to me. My ex-wife will not allow me to attend an Episcopal church with my kids as she only likes the church that she goes to. With me getting the kids every weekend, that leaves out attending church for me. It has been this way since about 2017. I still read my Bible at home, so there's that, but church attendance is null. I realize that this is a way overdue update as the last time I posted was 2016, but I had forgotten all about this forum and just this morning came across it.

Hello naomanos;

After reading Seems Five Years Later and I Still Have an Issue With Going To Church! and from what I read of your thread and everyone's posts, I don't know your full circumstances but I do care.

I can't avoid looking at the bigger circumstance, that being your marriage. I'm sorry you folks divorced in 2016. There is a lot of mention of two churches, therefore, didn't the Ministers of these churches attempt to help you and your wife reconcile?

God is the author and defines marriage, not man or the court's decision because of a difference in where you or your wife goes to church.

Now since your wife is going to remarry,
her just, has not been settled between you folks in submission to God. I'm sure there is more to this than a difference of where to attend church.

Being a man of God, priest and husband of marriage, the wife should trust where the Lord leads his servant and family to worship Him, besides serve Him.

I may be out of bounds since I don't know your whole story and for that, I'm sorry.

God bless
you, naomanos, and your children.

Hello naomanos;

After reading Seems Five Years Later and I Still Have an Issue With Going To Church! and from what I read of your thread and everyone's posts, I don't know your full circumstances but I do care.

I can't avoid looking at the bigger circumstance, that being your marriage. I'm sorry you folks divorced in 2016. There is a lot of mention of two churches, therefore, didn't the Ministers of these churches attempt to help you and your wife reconcile?

God is the author and defines marriage, not man or the court's decision because of a difference in where you or your wife goes to church.

Now since your wife is going to remarry,
her just, has not been settled between you folks in submission to God. I'm sure there is more to this than a difference of where to attend church.

Being a man of God, priest and husband of marriage, the wife should trust where the Lord leads his servant and family to worship Him, besides serve Him.

I may be out of bounds since I don't know your whole story and for that, I'm sorry.

God bless
you, naomanos, and your children.

Will PM you.

Back