Serious Doctrinal Shifts

Folks, following are just four or many, many excerpts I could post that show serious changes in Moron doctrine that can be found in the Book of Mormon:

1830 original edition1837 and subsequent editions
1 Nephi 11:18And he said unto me: Behold, the virgin which thou seest is the mother of God after the manner of the flesh.And he said unto me: Behold, the virgin whom thou seest is the mother of the Son of God, after the manner of the flesh.
1 Nephi 11:21And the angel said unto me: Behold the Lamb of God, yea, even the Eternal Father.And the angel said unto me: Behold the Lamb of God, yea, even the Son of the Eternal Father!
1 Nephi 11:32...And I looked and beheld the Lamb of God, that he was taken by the people, yea, the everlasting God was judged of the world....And I looked and beheld the Lamb of God, that he was taken by the people; yea, the Son of the everlasting God was judged of the world.
1 Nephi 13:40...that the Lamb of God is the Eternal Father and the Savior of the world......that the Lamb of God is the Son of the Eternal Father, and the Savior of the world...

The radical changes to the personages in the original versus the edits, just seven years later and beyond, these are only a VERY small sampling of the changes that create HUGE changes to the doctrinal teachings from their first, prime source for teaching and doctrinal authority. Were the Bible to have ever been known to have had anywhere near these kinds of edits, we would be justified in rejecting the Bible outright.

These people are taught that the Bible is unreliable, and therefore needs the leadership to interpret it for their members. Gauging from this small sampling of corruptions within the Book of Mormon, and also known edits to the Pearl of Great Price and their Doctrines and Covenants, the Bible shines so brightly that these works that they venerate as reliable are laughably lacking in legitimate measure of credibility.

Remember...I was once one of them.

MM

Were you raised as Mormon MM or did you choose to belong to them?
How did you leave them?
What about the rest of your family.

My next door neighbours are Mormons, and there is a LDS church not far from me. It's actually the closest 'church' to me.
Were you also one of those survivalist ones that went about prepping for the end of the world or is that another sect.

Were you raised as Mormon MM or did you choose to belong to them?
How did you leave them?
What about the rest of your family.

My next door neighbours are Mormons, and there is a LDS church not far from me. It's actually the closest 'church' to me.
Were you also one of those survivalist ones that went about prepping for the end of the world or is that another sect.

Hello, Lanolin,

I joined the Mormons when stationed in Florida in the military. I was raised Southern Baptist, and that background is a part of what gave to me the level of critical thinking that caused me to start looking at some of the strange things I was hearing from them as I delved into their deeper beliefs. When I started questioning some of the nonsense I was hearing in their teaching sessions, my questions drove them to anger, demanding that I simply accept what I was hearing from the 'elders', and let that 'burning in my bosom' be the confirmation I was seeking.

Frankly, that burning in my bosom was the Mongolian Barbeque and acid reflux, not some false god bringing confirmation to what I was hearing.

I was young and dumb back then, but the Lord has used that experience to His glory through the years since. My family never did join with Moronism. That was solely my doing, much to their dismay...until I left that religion and its false god.

MM

not sure how it worked out i have cousin who was raised devout catholic .married a Mormon lady . he is twice as mixed up

f61, the Moron leadership showed to us a film one evening at the Sunday evening service where the 'president' of the LDS addressed us with a speech about how, "If we are wrong, then the roman catholics are right."

Needless to say, I wasn't impressed with his faith in the Mormon religion over which he presided. I eventually learned that even the Moron leadership has good reason to harbor some measure of doubt as to the claims in their strange and wonky books. Not one shred of archaeological evidence exists anywhere in North America that lend any credibility to the massive civilizations claimed to have existed on the North American continent.

The closest thing to any of the claims made in the Book of Moron were the Aztecs and Mayans, and it's a good thing they were wiped out, considering the horrid state of those two cultures. The adult and child sacrifices they perpetrated upon their enemies, and even their own, in the midst of sexual rituals against those to be sacrificed, and even after they were killed...those two cultures were prime examples as to why the Lord commanded Israel to wipe out other peoples who were of the same stripe.

Now, here we are in America, hearing the liberals beginning to do exactly what I said 30 years ago they would do. We are now beginning to hear commentators defend pedophiles, claiming that they were born that way, and are therefore deserving of compassion and understanding. At the same time, we're also hearing about a push in public school for teachers to instruct the kids that they have total autonomy over their bodies, and that they don't have to obey even their parents if and when told to do any thing, or go anywhere they don't want to go. They are being read stories of mommies trying to put coats on their child about to head out to the bus when it's cold outside, and the child doesn't want the coat on, so the mommy 'respects' their autonomy and puts the coat in the backpack in case the child decides pater to put it on in the cold.

Folks, this is pre-programming of the children for the cultural war over our children. Kids who are told that they have total autonomy over their own bodies, with nobody else having the right to say otherwise, is exactly one of the fronts for the preparation of our culture, perpetrated by the enemy of our souls, is working today. Once children believe that they have total control over their bodies and choices, they will then be told that they can even engage in sexual conduct with an adult they fell attracted to.

What's worse is that our culture is so dumbed down, that they don't even see the psychology being applied, and what its aimed at. Many times in the history of this nation, people were told something was coming, and they would say, "No way! That will never happen in America!" Look at us now? Perversion is made into a laughing affair in sitcoms. We're not far from from sitcoms featuring an adult or a child taking the other by the hand and leading him/her to the bedroom.

This is one of many reasons we as believers must stand up against the tides of evil, confronting it with the righteousness of Christ that He has imputed upon us, and to humble ourselves, we who are called by the name of the Lord, and confess our sins and the sins of the nation, and call upon the Lord for Him to turn around the tides of evil, our judgement as a nation will be assured. THAT is the reason to go and see the Harbinger.

Jesus said that any one who causes one of the little ones to fall into sin, it will have been better to tie a stone around that adult's neck and be case into the sea. It appears to me that how we raise and treat our children are the measuring stick as to how close we are to annihilation as a nation. It's horrid that we are allowing the killing of the unborn. Once we pass over the line into acceptance for the sexual abuse of those who were born, that may be the last thunder clap before the tornado hits and knocks down the house...

Similarly, the LDS and the RCC are both still very much involved with the Boys Scouts of America, touting the Scouts as still being an honorable organization, even though it now embraces perverseness against which it once stood. That serves as further evidence to the corrupt nature of religion. People have asked me what religion I'm a part of. My response, for years, has been to say that I don't have one religious bone in my body since I hate religion. Anyone can be religious. What I am is a man who has a seal upon me, a seal of the Most High God.

Yeshua is come in the flesh.

1 John 4:3 And every spirit that confesseth not that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh is not of God: and this is that [spirit] of antichrist, whereof ye have heard that it should come; and even now already is it in the world.

Asking of all here, what is YOUR confession?

MM

the Moron leadership
so if i might ask two questions on the Mormons 1. how do they get saved ? 2. is it true when someone dies there can be a stand in baptism for the deceased ? years ago i invited lds to the house they wanted to talk. i told them bring your bible and i will have mine. we can discuss .. i told them no ligature on the Bile. they never showed seems like they wanted to visit on wed evening . i told them i had church ---a no show

Folks, following are just four or many, many excerpts I could post that show serious changes in Moron doctrine that can be found in the Book of Mormon:

1830 original edition1837 and subsequent editions
1 Nephi 11:18And he said unto me: Behold, the virgin which thou seest is the mother of God after the manner of the flesh.And he said unto me: Behold, the virgin whom thou seest is the mother of the Son of God, after the manner of the flesh.
1 Nephi 11:21And the angel said unto me: Behold the Lamb of God, yea, even the Eternal Father.And the angel said unto me: Behold the Lamb of God, yea, even the Son of the Eternal Father!
1 Nephi 11:32...And I looked and beheld the Lamb of God, that he was taken by the people, yea, the everlasting God was judged of the world....And I looked and beheld the Lamb of God, that he was taken by the people; yea, the Son of the everlasting God was judged of the world.
1 Nephi 13:40...that the Lamb of God is the Eternal Father and the Savior of the world......that the Lamb of God is the Son of the Eternal Father, and the Savior of the world...

The radical changes to the personages in the original versus the edits, just seven years later and beyond, these are only a VERY small sampling of the changes that create HUGE changes to the doctrinal teachings from their first, prime source for teaching and doctrinal authority. Were the Bible to have ever been known to have had anywhere near these kinds of edits, we would be justified in rejecting the Bible outright.

These people are taught that the Bible is unreliable, and therefore needs the leadership to interpret it for their members. Gauging from this small sampling of corruptions within the Book of Mormon, and also known edits to the Pearl of Great Price and their Doctrines and Covenants, the Bible shines so brightly that these works that they venerate as reliable are laughably lacking in legitimate measure of credibility.

Remember...I was once one of them.

MM

I thank God you were able to get away from that cult!

Yes.....Mormonism is not Christianity in any way.

f61, the Moron leadership showed to us a film one evening at the Sunday evening service where the 'president' of the LDS addressed us with a speech about how, "If we are wrong, then the roman catholics are right."

Needless to say, I wasn't impressed with his faith in the Mormon religion over which he presided. I eventually learned that even the Moron leadership has good reason to harbor some measure of doubt as to the claims in their strange and wonky books. Not one shred of archaeological evidence exists anywhere in North America that lend any credibility to the massive civilizations claimed to have existed on the North American continent.

The closest thing to any of the claims made in the Book of Moron were the Aztecs and Mayans, and it's a good thing they were wiped out, considering the horrid state of those two cultures. The adult and child sacrifices they perpetrated upon their enemies, and even their own, in the midst of sexual rituals against those to be sacrificed, and even after they were killed...those two cultures were prime examples as to why the Lord commanded Israel to wipe out other peoples who were of the same stripe.

Now, here we are in America, hearing the liberals beginning to do exactly what I said 30 years ago they would do. We are now beginning to hear commentators defend pedophiles, claiming that they were born that way, and are therefore deserving of compassion and understanding. At the same time, we're also hearing about a push in public school for teachers to instruct the kids that they have total autonomy over their bodies, and that they don't have to obey even their parents if and when told to do any thing, or go anywhere they don't want to go. They are being read stories of mommies trying to put coats on their child about to head out to the bus when it's cold outside, and the child doesn't want the coat on, so the mommy 'respects' their autonomy and puts the coat in the backpack in case the child decides pater to put it on in the cold.

Folks, this is pre-programming of the children for the cultural war over our children. Kids who are told that they have total autonomy over their own bodies, with nobody else having the right to say otherwise, is exactly one of the fronts for the preparation of our culture, perpetrated by the enemy of our souls, is working today. Once children believe that they have total control over their bodies and choices, they will then be told that they can even engage in sexual conduct with an adult they fell attracted to.

What's worse is that our culture is so dumbed down, that they don't even see the psychology being applied, and what its aimed at. Many times in the history of this nation, people were told something was coming, and they would say, "No way! That will never happen in America!" Look at us now? Perversion is made into a laughing affair in sitcoms. We're not far from from sitcoms featuring an adult or a child taking the other by the hand and leading him/her to the bedroom.

This is one of many reasons we as believers must stand up against the tides of evil, confronting it with the righteousness of Christ that He has imputed upon us, and to humble ourselves, we who are called by the name of the Lord, and confess our sins and the sins of the nation, and call upon the Lord for Him to turn around the tides of evil, our judgement as a nation will be assured. THAT is the reason to go and see the Harbinger.

Jesus said that any one who causes one of the little ones to fall into sin, it will have been better to tie a stone around that adult's neck and be case into the sea. It appears to me that how we raise and treat our children are the measuring stick as to how close we are to annihilation as a nation. It's horrid that we are allowing the killing of the unborn. Once we pass over the line into acceptance for the sexual abuse of those who were born, that may be the last thunder clap before the tornado hits and knocks down the house...

Similarly, the LDS and the RCC are both still very much involved with the Boys Scouts of America, touting the Scouts as still being an honorable organization, even though it now embraces perverseness against which it once stood. That serves as further evidence to the corrupt nature of religion. People have asked me what religion I'm a part of. My response, for years, has been to say that I don't have one religious bone in my body since I hate religion. Anyone can be religious. What I am is a man who has a seal upon me, a seal of the Most High God.

1 John 4:3 And every spirit that confesseth not that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh is not of God: and this is that [spirit] of antichrist, whereof ye have heard that it should come; and even now already is it in the world.

MM
Agreed!

You see, a deviation from the liberal super-theory can't be permitted, as it could lead to the shattering of its edifice. People must not be allowed to think liberalism is anything but highly moral and the wave of the future, for if they do, the emperor is then seen as naked.

This why the CRT must be rejected in its totality!

MM

I am a sinner Saved by the faith God gave me to believe in the death, burial and resurrection of Jesus Christ as the payment for my sin!

the 'burning in the bosom' thing is a bit odd - is this how you know you have become a mormon?

Rather than, say, 'holy sneezing' or 'butterflies in the stomach' or perhaps other bodily signs lol

so if i might ask two questions on the Mormons 1. how do they get saved ? 2. is it true when someone dies there can be a stand in baptism for the deceased ? years ago i invited lds to the house they wanted to talk. i told them bring your bible and i will have mine. we can discuss .. i told them no ligature on the Bile. they never showed seems like they wanted to visit on wed evening . i told them i had church ---a no show

Proxy baptism is pure nonsense, and is therefore of no benefit to anyone, alive or dead. There are no second chances after death, contrary to Moron doctrine.

MM

They believe proxy baptism will greatly enhance the chances for the dead to pass on into their heaven after accepting their jesus after death. Their jesus is a product of their god having committed fornication with their Mary here on earth...at least, the earthly body part of their jesus. Their jesus and all of humanity in their doctrines, preexisted as spirit children of their god on the planet Kolob somewhere out there in the cosmos.

It all sounds like a Pierce Anthony fantasy novel, but it's very much what they believe.

MM

They believe proxy baptism will greatly enhance the chances for the dead to pass on into their heaven after accepting their jesus after death. Their jesus is a product of their god having committed fornication with their Mary here on earth...at least, the earthly body part of their jesus. Their jesus and all of humanity in their doctrines, preexisted as spirit children of their god on the planet Kolob somewhere out there in the cosmos.

It all sounds like a Pierce Anthony fantasy novel, but it's very much what they believe.

MM
glad you dint drink all the Kool aid they offer . them or the j.w have nil to none interest for me . i had heard about the proxy baptism even read some on it.. i wanted ask first hand knowledge. crazy doctrine

Proxy baptism is pure nonsense, and is therefore of no benefit to anyone, alive or dead. There are no second chances after death, contrary to Moron doctrine.

MM

Isnt it Mormon doctrine that to get to heaven, one MUST BE WATER BAPIZED?

Wouldnt that be the driving force behind Proxy Baptism.......to validate the families feelings over the death of a loved one?

MM
planet Kolob?!

lol
Sorry I just had to laugh

Isnt it Mormon doctrine that to get to heaven, one MUST BE WATER BAPIZED?

Wouldnt that be the driving force behind Proxy Baptism.......to validate the families feelings over the death of a loved one?

That is indeed the case in their doctrinal foundations. (y)

MM

Back