Sermon. What do you think?

Sermon. What do you think?

This is a sermon I am working on, and I wondered what you all think of the message.

Any changes you might suggest, or especially any impact that it may have on some of you would be greatly appreciated.

I’d like to share with you a true story, about a man I know.
When he was a young boy, his father purchased for him, his first .22 cal rifle.
He spent a great deal of time with his son.
Teaching him how to load it, how to disassemble and clean it.
How to aim, and breathe,.
He taught him never to point it at anything he didn’t intend to shoot, and always, always to treat it as if it were loaded, even if he was "sure" that it was not.
After a great deal of training, and instruction, the boy was old enough, and mature enough to shoot his rifle on his own.
One afternoon, he was in the back yard, shooting at a target, developing this new skill, when a robin landed in a tree branch above him.
Without thinking of the consequences of his actions, the boy took aim, and killed that robin.
It fell to the ground.
His father had in fact been watching his son at that very moment through the window, and when he witnessed this, he went outside, and he asked his son; "What have you done?"
The boy stammered awhile, and his father said; Take that rifle back into the house, then come back out here.
The boy, put the rifle away, then he took a "T"-shirt out of the dirty clothes hamper, and shoved it down the back of his pants in anticipation of his punishment, and slowly walked back outside.
But to his surprise, his father still had his belt on. It didn’t appear that he was going to get a spanking at all.
Instead, his dad had taken the barbecue grill out of the shed, and lit it.
He had field dressed the robin, and had begun to cook it on the grill.
No salt, no seasoning, beak, feet, and feathers, the father began cooking the robin.
He turned and looked down at his son and said; You hunted it, you will eat it.
The boy learned two very important lessons that evening as he dined on the dry bland dinner that was laid before him.
One: He learned that the reason we don’t see robin in the poultry section of the grocery store is because it is a nasty tasting dish.
And Two: More importantly, that there are ALWAYS,..... Always consequences for our actions.
There is always a price to pay.
You shall reap!,.... what you sow.
And so it is my prayer, that you will learn, to always look ahead. Before you speak, before you act, before you react.
I pray that you will learn this lesson the easy way, from me, and without having to eat something foul in the process.
Remember, even the most seemingly insignificant actions, even those that take a split second, will carry with them, responsibilities, consequences, and repercussions.
Amen.

Isa 3:10 Say ye to the righteous, that it shall be well with him: for they shall eat the fruit of their doings.
Isa 3:11 Woe unto the wicked! it shall be ill with him: for the reward of his hands shall be given him.

eating the fruit of our doings- there are some days were that would be a bitter meal indeed!

This is a sermon I am working on, and I wondered what you all think of the message.

Any changes you might suggest, or especially any impact that it may have on some of you would be greatly appreciated.

I’d like to share with you a true story, about a man I know.
When he was a young boy, his father purchased for him, his first .22 cal rifle.
He spent a great deal of time with his son.
Teaching him how to load it, how to disassemble and clean it.
How to aim, and breathe,.
He taught him never to point it at anything he didn’t intend to shoot, and always, always to treat it as if it were loaded, even if he was "sure" that it was not.
After a great deal of training, and instruction, the boy was old enough, and mature enough to shoot his rifle on his own.
One afternoon, he was in the back yard, shooting at a target, developing this new skill, when a robin landed in a tree branch above him.
Without thinking of the consequences of his actions, the boy took aim, and killed that robin.
It fell to the ground.
His father had in fact been watching his son at that very moment through the window, and when he witnessed this, he went outside, and he asked his son; "What have you done?"
The boy stammered awhile, and his father said; Take that rifle back into the house, then come back out here.
The boy, put the rifle away, then he took a "T"-shirt out of the dirty clothes hamper, and shoved it down the back of his pants in anticipation of his punishment, and slowly walked back outside.
But to his surprise, his father still had his belt on. It didn’t appear that he was going to get a spanking at all.
Instead, his dad had taken the barbecue grill out of the shed, and lit it.
He had field dressed the robin, and had begun to cook it on the grill.
No salt, no seasoning, beak, feet, and feathers, the father began cooking the robin.
He turned and looked down at his son and said; You hunted it, you will eat it.
The boy learned two very important lessons that evening as he dined on the dry bland dinner that was laid before him.
One: He learned that the reason we don’t see robin in the poultry section of the grocery store is because it is a nasty tasting dish.
And Two: More importantly, that there are ALWAYS,..... Always consequences for our actions.
There is always a price to pay.
You shall reap!,.... what you sow.
And so it is my prayer, that you will learn, to always look ahead. Before you speak, before you act, before you react.
I pray that you will learn this lesson the easy way, from me, and without having to eat something foul in the process.
Remember, even the most seemingly insignificant actions, even those that take a split second, will carry with them, responsibilities, consequences, and repercussions.
Amen.
wow, Amen .. =)

hey some thoughts

hey, its really gr8 and there is a gr8 build up to it....but...I don't think the conclusion was all that complete. how about the human nature to always take advantage whenever we have the chance. our natural ways that cause us to fall. if the boy was close to God he would have recieved guidance and God would have directed his mind to see how beautiful the robin was...the he would not have killed it.

good luck
paddy:D

I think this is really good. :smile_anim: We also need to understand that the consequences of our actions are not always so immediate as told in this story. The conseqences of a particular action may manifest somewhere in our life, some time down the line, weeks, years later even. This has happened in my life, something of long ago, loomed its ugly head years later.

Butterflywings

Back