Serving God.? He lacks nothing!

My fellow Lordites.

It’s taken me a long time to even get saved...and I’m at hurdle number 976😂
and now I am struggling to understand how to serve God.

Forgive me for not being able to recall any verses...
But Do I just pray for His answers?

Is there any bible verses on this?
Is it just a case of keeping his commandments?

Via dolarossa wrote "My fellow "lordites." lol! I like that!

Its like, we are in the
"light" and follow the Lord = lordites!

Via, please continue to pray every morning, noon and night and slowly you will find yourself praying constantly to God. Prayer is given to us by Him to just love and talk about everything.

There is a Bible verse that I started praying and referring to years ago. God says to all in Proverbs 8:17, 17 I love those who love me, and those who seek me diligently find me.

This passage has been an anthem in my life and its reassuring that He loves all who love and seek Him fervently.

God is faithful and will answer your prayers. Please read Matthew 21:22, 22 And whatever you ask in prayer, you will receive, if you have faith.”

God is unlimited and there are so many other ways about prayer and God's answers to our prayers. The KEY is choose to believe Him and stand firm in your faith.

God bless you, Via, and your family and grandchild.

I am struggling to understand how to serve God
Start simple. Pray honestly... and omit nothing! Talk to God as if He is you nearest and best friend! Tell Him what you struggle with... what you fear, lack, think, feel... etc. what matters is your sincerity. Truly seek Him and to know His will and truth... and He will guide you.

7 Ask, and it shall be given you; seek, and ye shall find; knock, and it shall be opened unto you: 8 For every one that asketh receiveth; and he that seeketh findeth; and to him that knocketh it shall be opened. [Matthew 7:7-8 KJV]

5 If any of you lack wisdom, let him ask of God, that giveth to all [men] liberally, and upbraideth not; and it shall be given him. 6 But let him ask in faith, nothing wavering. For he that wavereth is like a wave of the sea driven with the wind and tossed. [James 1:5-6 KJV]

... and what does Jesus say?

35 Then one of them, [which was] a lawyer, asked [him a question], tempting him, and saying, 36 Master, which [is] the great commandment in the law? 37 Jesus said unto him, Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind. 38 This is the first and great commandment. 39 And the second [is] like unto it, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself. 40 On these two commandments hang all the law and the prophets.[Matthew 22:35-40 KJV]

3 For this is the love of God, that we keep his commandments: and his commandments are not grievous. [1 John 5:3 KJV]

and as for faith / believing...
17 So then faith [cometh] by hearing, and hearing by the word of God.
[Romans 10:17 KJV]

1 Wherefore laying aside all malice, and all guile, and hypocrisies, and envies, and all evil speakings, 2 As newborn babes, desire the sincere milk of the word, that ye may grow thereby: [1 Peter 2:1-2 KJV]

faith is alot like our muscles... we need to nurture, feed, and exercise it to strengthen it...lol

feed on God's word... read the Bible, pray to ask God to open the scriptures to your heart to be able to hear and understand His truth & message.

nurture it... attend church services and participate in the Bible studies offered. Fellowship with your brothers & sisters and learn from those who are more spiritually mature...

exercise it by not allowing yourself to worry!!!
7 For we walk by faith, not by sight: [2 Corinthians 5:7 KJV]
and
6 Be careful for nothing; but in every thing by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known unto God. [Philippians 4:6 KJV]

(Some versions read be "anxious" for nothing... do not allow yourself to fear or to doubt that God will care for you. (Psalm 23)

In every thing- omit nothing! no matter how small, or big, or silly... if something concerns you- it concerns God!

-and don't forget "with thanksgiving"- we should be thankful as if we already have the answer! Because we know God hears us and cares for us! Know that once you give something to Him- He takes it! He hears, cares, and answers our prayers!

14 And this is the confidence that we have in him, that, if we ask any thing according to his will, he heareth us: 15 And if we know that he hear us, whatsoever we ask, we know that we have the petitions that we desired of him. [1 John 5:14-15 KJV]

And finally- you may find it helpful to look up the promises that are in scripture.. God keeps His promises.
-----------------------------------

4 Whereby are given unto us exceeding great and precious promises: that by these ye might be partakers of the divine nature, having escaped the corruption that is in the world through lust. 5 And beside this, giving all diligence, add to your faith virtue; and to virtue knowledge; 6 And to knowledge temperance; and to temperance patience; and to patience godliness; 7 And to godliness brotherly kindness; and to brotherly kindness charity. 8 For if these things be in you, and abound, they make [you that ye shall] neither [be] barren nor unfruitful in the knowledge of our Lord Jesus Christ.
[2 Peter 1:4-8 KJV]

Last edited:
and to add...

35 For I was an hungred, and ye gave me meat: I was thirsty, and ye gave me drink: I was a stranger, and ye took me in: 36 Naked, and ye clothed me: I was sick, and ye visited me: I was in prison, and ye came unto me. 37 Then shall the righteous answer him, saying, Lord, when saw we thee an hungred, and fed [thee]? or thirsty, and gave [thee] drink? 38 When saw we thee a stranger, and took [thee] in? or naked, and clothed [thee]? 39 Or when saw we thee sick, or in prison, and came unto thee? 40 And the King shall answer and say unto them, Verily I say unto you, Inasmuch as ye have done [it] unto one of the least of these my brethren, ye have done [it] unto me.
[Matthew 25:35-40 KJV]

27 Pure religion and undefiled before God and the Father is this, To visit the fatherless and widows in their affliction, [and] to keep himself unspotted from the world.
[James 1:27 KJV]

thanks everyone.
It never occurred to me to just pray.i thought I was missing something!
I thought serving was about giving Him something..
Well, yeh I see now, I’m serving Him by thanking Him in prayer
🥳

• Romans 5:1 - Therefore being justified by faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus …
  • Ephesians 2:8-9 - For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: [it is] the gift …
  • Romans 3:28 - Therefore we conclude that a man is justified by faith without the deeds of the law.
  • Galatians 2:16 - Knowing that a man is not justified by the works of the law, but by the faith of Jesus Christ, even we have believed in Jesus Christ, that we might be justified by the faith of Christ, and not by the works of the law: for by the works of the law shall no flesh be justified (KJV).
Hebrews 5:9 And being made perfect, he became the author of eternal salvation unto all them that obey him.

I can give you my personal philosophies based on scripture, however you will find your own path in your own heart from your own learning. I have posted some verses for you to find and read in the bible version you are currently studying from. The reference to eternal salvation can only be found once in the bible, and thats enough for me!

Last edited:

After being saved, a committed Christian will strive to perfect his relationship with the Lord. This is done with prayer, both reading and studying the Bible, worshipping with fellow believers, and prayerfully putting Gods words into your action. This is not a part of becoming saved, but a result of the relationship that comes out of salvation.

James 1:23-25, New American Standard
For if anyone is a hearer of the word and not a doer, he is like a man who looks at his natural face in a mirror; for once he has looked at himself and gone away, he has immediately forgotten what kind of person he was. But one who looks intently at the perfect law, the law of liberty, and abides by it, not having become a forgetful hearer but an effectual doer, this man will be blessed in what he does.

I would point out that keeping His commandments is not a small thing.

Matthew 22:36-40, New American Standard
“Teacher, which is the great commandment in the Law?” And He said to him, “ ‘You shall love the Lord your God with all your heart, and with all your soul, and with all your mind.’ This is the great and foremost commandment. The second is like it, ‘You shall love your neighbor as yourself.’ On these two commandments depend the whole Law and the Prophets.”

Love sounds simple, but on the level our Lord was speaking it is the sacrificial organizing and empowering principle of ones life. None of us truly attain and fully live that way, but we should each be progressing.

The commandments as a list of rules, some literally written in stone, only point to evidences of Love. If you break one of the commandments, you are not showing Love. But following all those rules does not mean one is living by love.

Christian Love affects (and should control) how we approach our work, how we interact with those around us, and how we spend our 'spare' time.

Ok now, salvation is one thing, but eternal salvation? is this constant prayer without ceasing🤔

NO!...…….Salvation IS FOREVER! It is an ETERNAL salvation. When you say the sinners prayer and are saved, you are saved eternally!!!!

As for salvation, there is nothing else you need to do.

Also...….salvation is not keeping the Laws of God for ONE reason. We can not obey the Laws of God. We are sinners by nature and sinners sin.
The reason Jesus died to pay of penalty for sin is because He knew that we could not keep the law.

The Law of God was never given to save anyone and in fact keeping the Law has never saved anyone. Only Faith in Messiah Jesus can save us.

Does that then mean we should NOT try to keep the Law. NO.......God forbid Paul said. We must try to do so but know that obeying the Law does not save us.

Last edited:
thanks everyone.
It never occurred to me to just pray.i thought I was missing something!
I thought serving was about giving Him something..
Well, yeh I see now, I’m serving Him by thanking Him in prayer
🥳

You can and I encourage you to pray often.....however, praying IS NOT SERVING GOD!

Prayer is you talking to God. Reading the written Word of God is God talking to you.

As for serving God. Matthew 25:40 says.........….
"The King will reply, 'Truly I tell you, whatever you did for one of the least of these brothers and sisters of mine, you did for me.'"

Then consider Gal. 5:14.........
""The entire law is summed up in a single command: 'Love your neighbor as yourself.'"

So then, when your next door neighbor is sick and can not mow his yard...…..YOU go and mow it for him.
When your friend is down and out and has no money...………...………...……………..YOU go and buy a bag of groceries for him.
When your friend down the road can not get to work because his car broke....YOU go and take him to his job.

Jesus Christ is not walking around today on the earth......however HE is walking around IN US and what we do for Him is what He would do is He was here bodily. This way, people will see CHRIST IN YOU and He is the hope of glory.

Why do these things???? Because of LOVE!

We serve Christ out of love for what He did for us which allowed us to be saved. We do not do good deeds to be saved but do them because WE ARE SAVED!

You can and I encourage you to pray often.....however, praying IS NOT SERVING GOD!

Prayer is you talking to God. Reading the written Word of God is God talking to you.

As for serving God. Matthew 25:40 says.........….
"The King will reply, 'Truly I tell you, whatever you did for one of the least of these brothers and sisters of mine, you did for me.'"

Then consider Gal. 5:14.........
""The entire law is summed up in a single command: 'Love your neighbor as yourself.'"

So then, when your next door neighbor is sick and can not mow his yard...…..YOU go and mow it for him.
When your friend is down and out and has no money...………...………...……………..YOU go and buy a bag of groceries for him.
When your friend down the road can not get to work because his car broke....YOU go and take him to his job.

Jesus Christ is not walking around today on the earth......however HE is walking around IN US and what we do for Him is what He would do is He was here bodily. This way, people will see CHRIST IN YOU and He is the hope of glory.

Why do these things???? Because of LOVE!

We serve Christ out of love for what He did for us which allowed us to be saved. We do not do good deeds to be saved but do them because WE ARE SAVED!

Interesting.
Helping others is a good one. Thanks.
But in the past, I have thought I’ve helped people and it turned out to be something they didn’t want. Sheesh. That was me BC.,
So prayer first before action.

Interesting.
Helping others is a good one. Thanks.
But in the past, I have thought I’ve helped people and it turned out to be something they didn’t want. Sheesh. That was me BC.,
So prayer first before action.

YES!

It does not matter that someone did not want what you were trying to do. YOU did what was the right thing for YOU to do and not what the person wanted.

However...……..everything does not have to be prayed for first!!!

Example....You come upon a car wreck and upon investigation you see that a man is unconscious and bleeding from a cut on his arm.
Do YOU think that you should pray and then apply pressure to the wound to stop the bleeding???? NO!

YOU stop the bleeding and then pray to God and thank Him for having you in the right place at the right time!

A lot of things in life should be thought about and decided upon before they happen then you will be in the right position to take action.

If you wake up at night and discover someone has broken into your home, are you going to pray about what to do. I HOPE NOT.

Consider it right now, today.....what will you do????

YES!

It does not matter that someone did not want what you were trying to do. YOU did what was the right thing for YOU to do and not what the person wanted.

However...……..everything does not have to be prayed for first!!!

Example....You come upon a car wreck and upon investigation you see that a man is unconscious and bleeding from a cut on his arm.
Do YOU think that you should pray and then apply pressure to the wound to stop the bleeding???? NO!

YOU stop the bleeding and then pray to God and thank Him for having you in the right place at the right time!

A lot of things in life should be thought about and decided upon before they happen then you will be in the right position to take action.

If you wake up at night and discover someone has broken into your home, are you going to pray about what to do. I HOPE NOT.

Never thought about it that way Major😁
But yes I see what your saying, it’s right. Now
I’ve heard of people being sued for saving their lives. In my line of work we have to save peoples lives and have rules and regulations to follow. But if I act spontaneously in an emergency like I do it’s not my problem if they try to sue me it’s Gods right?
Thanks Major

From what I have seen in my life, people will sue people for almost anything. That being the case, I would not spend any time thinking about what I need to do when the situation demands a response.

Save the persons life and if they sue you because of that, then allow God to handle them for you. Rules and regulations are in place to protect YOU from such a thing,

I think in america they do a lot of suing because they don't have ACC. In NZ, if you have an accident you get compensation, because it was simply...an accident.

This can be good in many ways because you don't end up blaming other people and punishing them for something that might have been outside of their control.

It can be bad though because it means many people become careless and disregard their own health and safety, or other people's.

My fellow Lordites.

Forgive me for not being able to recall any verses...
But Do I just pray for His answers?

Um. When Jesus saved me he no longer called me servant but his friend. But by serving others you are serving God.

The parable of the sheep and goats comes to mind. Have a read and tell me what you think. I think people that do these things without even thinking about it, God sees, so, its like you don't have to come up with new ways to serve Him. It's about your relationship with Him and the people he calls you to.

Matthew 25:31-46

Um. When Jesus saved me he no longer called me servant but his friend. But by serving others you are serving God.

The parable of the sheep and goats comes to mind. Have a read and tell me what you think. I think people that do these things without even thinking about it, God sees, so, its like you don't have to come up with new ways to serve Him. It's about your relationship with Him and the people he calls you to.

Matthew 25:31-46

I’ve never read about the sheep and goats parable. But I have now🤗
The goats are condemned to hell.

“Then the King will say to those at His right hand, Come, you blessed of My Father [you favored of God and appointed to eternal salvation], inherit (receive as your own) the kingdom prepared for you from the foundation of the world.”
‭‭Matthew‬ ‭25:34‬ ‭AMPC‬‬

What struck me the most is This passage is the foundation of the world. from a place where everything is built. Beliefs, fears, desires and everything floating about in our subconscious is in there I take it?

I’ve never read about the sheep and goats parable. But I have now🤗
The goats are condemned to hell.

“Then the King will say to those at His right hand, Come, you blessed of My Father [you favored of God and appointed to eternal salvation], inherit (receive as your own) the kingdom prepared for you from the foundation of the world.”
‭‭Matthew‬ ‭25:34‬ ‭AMPC‬‬

What struck me the most is This passage is the foundation of the world. from a place where everything is built. Beliefs, fears, desires and everything floating about in our subconscious is in there I take it?
I take it to mean the beginning of time. God has been preparing His Kingdom. And I think every detail of our lives will be written in the book of life.

I don't know about your country but in nz we have Plunket Nurses. Basically they are nurses who help mothers with their babies and observe how they are growing. Each baby has a book which is recorded their weight and development. In Revelation it's shown God has a book where he writes down every child that is born into His kingdom. It's called the Lamb's book of Life. I am sure He writes down everything that happens in our lives and observes our spiritual development and all our actions including our good deeds. We don't do them to earn anything but they are noticed, even the smallest thing like offering a thirsty person some water (without charging them for it!)

I think in america they do a lot of suing because they don't have ACC. In NZ, if you have an accident you get compensation, because it was simply...an accident.

This can be good in many ways because you don't end up blaming other people and punishing them for something that might have been outside of their control.

It can be bad though because it means many people become careless and disregard their own health and safety, or other people's.
What is ACC?

Back