Seven Spirits of God

Of course what a flesh view as good and what the goodness of God actually is... well, seek ye the kingdom of God first... He will ...if you can believe... He will answer.

He maketh His angels spirits and His ministers a flaming fire.
You may entertain angels unawares.

Angels manifested on earth in the physical. We are made spirits in Him, by Him, for Him.

Hello @crownoflife,

We are not made 'spirits'. The risen Christ was not 'a spirit', for He was 'flesh and bones', as we are.

In Christ Jesus
Chris

Lets try again...Revelations 4:5... which are the seven (7) Spirits of God.
Period. Statement complete. Not my words; right there in black and white.

Hello @crownoflife,

We are not made 'spirits'. The risen Christ was not 'a spirit', for He was 'flesh and bones', as we are.

In Christ Jesus
Chris
Flesh and blood, or bone can not inherit the Kingdom of God.(1 Cor 15:50) Jesus right now does not have a physical body or flesh and bone, but a supernatural spiritual body. A spiritual kingdom requires spiritual bodies, and a physical world body requires a physical body.

He maketh His angels spirits and His ministers a flaming fire.
You may entertain angels unawares.

Angels manifested on earth in the physical. We are made spirits in Him, by Him, for Him.

I am not one who believes that there is an angel ministry today. You are welcome to disagree with me as many do. If we will remember, Jesus said that He would send the Holy Spirit to help us, protect us and guide us into all truth. He never said one single word about angels being our protectors. IMO angels are busy but not on the earth. They will be after the Rapture because the Holy Spirit will leave with the believers as He indwells the believers so that when they leave He does also. THEN there will be an angel ministry on the earth. That ministry will be judgment.

I believe that now more than ever before we must heed the warnings of Scripture concerning angelic beings: there are fallen angels who work for Satan who will do anything to subvert and destroy us.

Gal. 1:8 warns us to beware of any “new” gospel, even if it is delivered by an angel. Then Col. 2:18 warns against the worship of angels at all costs.

Only worship and praise God, man. There is nothing above Him and all things are below Him.
Only a fool will climb up through some other means, but he will be cast out also.

I believe we need to look at what this scene represents. I believe it is the investiture of the Son of Man with His authority as the Kingpriest of a whole new order of kingpriests.

`To him who overcomes I will grant to sit with me on my throne, as I also overcame & sat down with my Father on His throne.` (Rev. 3: 21)

`To Him who loved us & washed us from our sins in His own blood, & has made us kings & priests to His God & Father,...` (Rev. 1: 5 & 6)

`...Jesus, having become high priest for ever according to the order of Melchizedek....king of righteousness....king of peace.` (Heb. 6: 20 & 7: 2)

We know that while the Body of Christ is being matured that Christ is operating as our High Priest. Then there will come a time when He is given the authority as KingPriest of this whole new order of kingpriests.

`Worthy is the Lamb who was slain to receive power & riches & wisdom & strength & honour & glory & blessing!` (Rev. 5: 12)

While it is beyond our understanding to `see` the Godhead, we are shown in pictorial form I believe how the Father & the Holy Spirit are involved with this setting up of Christ`s `throne.`

Note, it is not that the Lord is not a king now, but that this throne is about the recognition throughout the heavens & earth of His Kingship overall & operating as such.

So on the throne is the Father giving the authority to Christ, & then there is Christ represented as the Lamb & finally the Holy Spirit represented as the complete Spirit of God.

Father – `God is a Spirit...` (John 4: 24)

Son - `in the midst of the throne...stood a lamb..` (Rev. 5: 6)

Holy Spirit - `& there were 7 lamps of fire burning before the throne, which are the 7 spirits of God.` (Rev. 4: 5) ( 7 in Heb. means complete, sacred) Thus the complete Spirit of God.

Note that those 7 spirits cannot be angels as that would mean they were in a higher position than the Body of Christ which is represented by the 24 elders.

`For He (God) has NOT put the world to come, of which we speak, in subjection to angels.` (Heb. 2: 5)

As we gaze upon this holy scene let us remember that we have been given a wonderful glimpse of what awaits us in glory –

`To him who overcomes I will grant to sit with me on my throne...`(Rev. 3: 21)
`..around the throne were 24 thrones, & on the thrones I saw 24 elders sitting, clothed in white robes; & they had crowns of gold on their heads.` (Rev. 4: 4)

Marilyn.

I believe we need to look at what this scene represents. I believe it is the investiture of the Son of Man with His authority as the Kingpriest of a whole new order of kingpriests.

`To him who overcomes I will grant to sit with me on my throne, as I also overcame & sat down with my Father on His throne.` (Rev. 3: 21)

`To Him who loved us & washed us from our sins in His own blood, & has made us kings & priests to His God & Father,...` (Rev. 1: 5 & 6)

`...Jesus, having become high priest for ever according to the order of Melchizedek....king of righteousness....king of peace.` (Heb. 6: 20 & 7: 2)

We know that while the Body of Christ is being matured that Christ is operating as our High Priest. Then there will come a time when He is given the authority as KingPriest of this whole new order of kingpriests.

`Worthy is the Lamb who was slain to receive power & riches & wisdom & strength & honour & glory & blessing!` (Rev. 5: 12)

While it is beyond our understanding to `see` the Godhead, we are shown in pictorial form I believe how the Father & the Holy Spirit are involved with this setting up of Christ`s `throne.`

Note, it is not that the Lord is not a king now, but that this throne is about the recognition throughout the heavens & earth of His Kingship overall & operating as such.

So on the throne is the Father giving the authority to Christ, & then there is Christ represented as the Lamb & finally the Holy Spirit represented as the complete Spirit of God.

Holy Spirit - `& there were 7 lamps of fire burning before the throne, which are the 7 spirits of God.` (Rev. 4: 5) ( 7 in Heb. means complete, sacred) Thus the complete Spirit of God.

Note that those 7 spirits cannot be angels as that would mean they were in a higher position than the Body of Christ which is represented by the 24 elders.

`For He (God) has NOT put the world to come, of which we speak, in subjection to angels.` (Heb. 2: 5)

As we gaze upon this holy scene let us remember that we have been given a wonderful glimpse of what awaits us in glory –

`..around the throne were 24 thrones, & on the thrones I saw 24 elders sitting, clothed in white robes; & they had crowns of gold on their heads.` (Rev. 4: 4)

Marilyn.

Hello @Marilyn C,

I do not agree with your conclusions: for the Church which is Christ's Body is not the subject of revelation.

In Christ Jesus
Chris

H
Hello @Marilyn C,

I do not agree with your conclusions: for the Church which is Christ's Body is not the subject of revelation.

In Christ Jesus
Chris

Hi @ Complete,

Thank you for your thought. However I am not really understanding what you mean. Would you like to expand upon that thought?

Blessings, Marilyn.

Hi @Marilyn C ,

The book of Revelation is the fulfillment of old testament prophecy, and the prophetic words of the Lord Jesus Christ during His first advent. It is the culmination of God's purpose for Israel, as a nation, as priests and Kings, unto God. That is their portion, not that of the Church of the One Body.

The unveiling of the Christ of Old Testament prophecy, is the purpose of the book entitled, 'The Revelation of Christ'.

To interpret the words of Revelation as applying to the Church of the One Body, brings confusion. That company is not the subject of that book, or of old testament prophecy, but is revealed in Ephesians, Colossians, Philippians, 1&2 Timothy and Titus, the epistles of Paul, written from prison. as the Divinely appointed Administrator of the dispensation of the mystery: which came into operation following the temporary laying aside of Israel in unbelief, at the end of the Acts period.

In Christ Jesus
Chris

Last edited:
Hello @crownoflife,

In Christ Jesus
Chris

The normal phrase is 'flesh and blood'
For "the life is in the blood"
In that he said "flesh and bone" He indicated that the blood was shed for the sin of the world . But now his body was quickened or made alive by the Holy Spirit . Your right though he was not a 'spirit'or ghost' but the same body that hung on the cross ,died and " was buried according to the scriptures" was also the same body that rose again from the dead and this same Jesus who now sits on the right hand side of the Father will also come in like manner as ye have seen him go . andf the very feet that walked the shores of gallalee will once again set foot on the mount of Olives .

in Christ
gerald

Hi @Marilyn C ,

The book of Revelation is the fulfillment of old testament prophecy, and the prophetic words of the Lord Jesus Christ during His first advent. It is the culmination of God's purpose for Israel, as a nation, as priests and Kings, unto God. That is their portion, not that of the Church of the One Body.

The unveiling of the Christ of Old Testament prophecy, is the purpose of the book entitled, 'The Revelation of Christ'.

To interpret the words of Revelation as applying to the Church of the One Body, brings confusion. That company is not the subject of that book, or of old testament prophecy, but is revealed in Ephesians, Colossians, Philippians, 1&2 Timothy and Titus, the epistles of Paul, written from prison. as the Divinely appointed Administrator of the dispensation of the mystery: which came into operation following the temporary laying aside of Israel in unbelief, at the end of the Acts period.

In Christ Jesus
Chris

The salvation of the Jews and the settign up of a manifested Kingdom is indeed part of the messsage of the last book.
But so too is it a message for the church which is his body.
To suggest that we are not made kings and priests unto God is a mistake .
For one thing Hebrews would say otherwise . For even as the Lord is a high priest forever after the order of Malchesidech . So also then are we whnich is His body made priests after the same order.
For while Levi were priests after the flesh and ministered in the tabernacle made with hands .was rhis not after the pattern of the heavenly ? As Paul says of it?
and where then do we minister or should if not in the true tabernacle of God not made with hands?
For we can now come boldly into the very prescence of God through a new and livign way the veil being now ripped apart .
How then do you say we are not made priests unto God?
and is it not also written that if we suffer with him we shall also reign with him?
Who doth reign but kings?
and is not the Lord the King of kings?
Then I say that while the Jews according to thje flesh as it were do have an inheritance on earth . There was one who had no inheritance but whos inheritance was God.
thus we have the Bride of Christ who will be made up principally of Gentiles but will also have Jews with in it as well who will be made of the one body . For in Christ there is no Jew or gentile.
The Bride is also not on ly mentioned but also taught in the last book even as it is also taught in the first book.

in Christ
gerald

Marilyn.

Here again is revealed the great differences between the various versions of the Bible.

You quote that "will grant to sit ON his throne " the KJV says IN his throne. Very different .

I cannot sit ON His throne .For THE throne belongs only to the Lord .
Even as the throne of the Father is HIS throne and is not the Sons .
It will be easier to argue from mans or my perspective as it were .Than to go higher and speak of God.
I am in very truth a son of God . Begotten again by the inccoruptable seed which is the Word of God.
But I am NOT the "only begotten Son of God " That honour belongs to the Lord alone .
The throne then that belongs to HIM; is HIS alone and I cannot sit ON His throne as He whos seat it is .
I am a son of God because of HIM and as He is IN me and I in him I can if so granted can sit IN His throne as I am IN Him.
But it is HE who must reign above all and sit ON the throne.
For is it not written My life is Hid with Christ IN God?
Now the Son is not the Father and as the scriptures speaks of a throne of THE Son and one of the father .Then I also can speak of a throne for the father .
Then the SON cannot sit ON the throne of the father even as I cannot sit on the throne of the SON.
But even as I am IN Christ can or could sit IN his throne .So then the SON sits IN the fathers throne and not ON it.
For clearly the Son has a throne and the father has a throne .

Some may foolishly think this is again about 'words' . Well if it was mans word I could agree with them.
But this is about the Word of God and I remember that men LIVE by every Word that proceedeth from the mouth of God.
and men die when they add to it or take from it .Or ignore it.

in Christ
gerald

Just as a thought. The seven spirits of God can not possibly be God as they would be things that come from God. Seven spirits of God, or from God. The Holy Spirit does give "gifts" also known as the "manifestation" of the Spirit of God. The Holy Spirit does not stand before his throne, he sits upon it.
Sorry Dave, I think you missed it.
By your reasoning, the Son of God can not be God because He is of or from God. Is this not the same as your argument?
Actually the Greek Grammar tends to weigh heavily in favour of possessive case here ie. the Seven Spirits which belong to God , the Son which belongs to the Father and so on.

I belief we all need to remember that we can only know what has been revealed to us.

Rev 10:4. And when the seven thunders had uttered their voices, I was about to write: and I heard a voice from heaven saying unto me, Seal up those things which the seven thunders uttered, and write them not.

There are things that have not and might never be revealed.

Last edited:
There is only "one" God made up of Father, Son, and Holy Spirit. We to are called the son's of God, but we are not God. The seven spirits of God are not God, but things that come from or of God. We can not come up with an assumptions about a verse in the Bible unless we take all scripture into account.

Everyone needs to quit putting limitations on God; trying to fit Him into our ideas of what He is, isn't, or should be.

He is the Creator of ALL things. He can use ALL things however He will. Even a donkey.

I was not suggesting that you were denying the deity of Christ, just looking at your reasoning as you expressed it.....as I received it, is all.

Psa 82:1. A Psalm of Asaph. God has taken his place in the divine council; in the midst of the gods he holds judgment:
Psa 82:2. "How long will you judge unjustly and show partiality to the wicked? Selah.
Psa 82:3 . Give justice to the weak and the fatherless; maintain the right of the afflicted and the destitute.
Psa 82:4. Rescue the weak and the needy; deliver them from the hand of the wicked."
Psa 82:5. They have neither knowledge nor understanding, they walk about in darkness; all the foundations of the earth are shaken.
Psa 82:6 . I said, "You are gods, sons of the Most High, all of you;
Psa 82:7. nevertheless, like men you shall die, and fall like any prince."
Psa 82:8. Arise, O God, judge the earth; for you shall inherit all the nations!

John 10:34. Jesus answered them, "Is it not written in your Law, 'I said, you are gods'?

We can not come up with an assumptions about a verse in the Bible unless we take all scripture into account.
We say 'God' but we automatically mean 'Father, Son and Holy Spirit'
When we say 'Holy Spirit' what do we mean?
Question:: who are the members of the divine council? Psa 82;1
I'm thinking of @Abdicate's compilation, from Isa 11:2
  1. Spirit of the Lord - also known as the Holy Spirit
  2. Spirit of Wisdom
  3. Spirit of Understanding
  4. Spirit of Counsel
  5. Spirit of Might
  6. Spirit of Knowledge
  7. Spirit of the Fear of the Lord

I was not suggesting that you were denying the deity of Christ, just looking at your reasoning as you expressed it.....as I received it, is all.

Psa 82:1. A Psalm of Asaph. God has taken his place in the divine council; in the midst of the gods he holds judgment:
Psa 82:2. "How long will you judge unjustly and show partiality to the wicked? Selah.
Psa 82:3 . Give justice to the weak and the fatherless; maintain the right of the afflicted and the destitute.
Psa 82:4. Rescue the weak and the needy; deliver them from the hand of the wicked."
Psa 82:5. They have neither knowledge nor understanding, they walk about in darkness; all the foundations of the earth are shaken.
Psa 82:6 . I said, "You are gods, sons of the Most High, all of you;
Psa 82:7. nevertheless, like men you shall die, and fall like any prince."
Psa 82:8. Arise, O God, judge the earth; for you shall inherit all the nations!

John 10:34. Jesus answered them, "Is it not written in your Law, 'I said, you are gods'?

We say 'God' but we automatically mean 'Father, Son and Holy Spirit'
When we say 'Holy Spirit' what do we mean?
Question:: who are the members of the divine council? Psa 82;1
I'm thinking of @Abdicate's compilation, from Isa 11:2
  1. Spirit of the Lord - also known as the Holy Spirit
  2. Spirit of Wisdom
  3. Spirit of Understanding
  4. Spirit of Counsel
  5. Spirit of Might
  6. Spirit of Knowledge
  7. Spirit of the Fear of the Lord

There are more than that, as there is the spirit of faith, the spirit of the fear of the Lord, the spirit of all manner of workmanship, spirit of of revelation, spirit of understanding. Yet all these are not God, they only come from God as of God.

Back