Sex before Marriage

I remember reading where it said if a girl had sex with a man that he must take her as a wife, unless the father refused. It said she was playing a harlot.

I don't remember this Bible verse location, so if anyone can find it for me, that would be amazing!

And maybe we could spread this knowledge around so others can educate other people.

I remembering being confused about what was sexual fornication, when its an array of things and I was confused why having sex was, until I read that. This is in indicator that he intends wives and husbands to have sex, not free sex everywhere.

I also read someone that people can get cancer from certain STDS, even gonorrhea and that lukemia can be caused by STDS as well, anyone care to add?

Also, fasting can help cancers too! Just making knowledge known .

Last edited:
Reactions: Juk
Yes I think it's somewhere in deuteronomy or Leviticus.
There's a story in Genesis about Dinah that you may remember or like to read.
Well I won't spoil it for you but there's a lesson there too.

I was wondering, why do people always call sex before fornication when it the reasons why are in the Bible (at least I think so)

Hi,

Would you please clarify this? I find it a little confusing.

I think you may be referring to these verses: Deuteronomy 22:28-29?

In terms of playing a harlot, yes many women do this, often get taught by the world to do this otherwise they never get a man. Well, they may get a man but they don't keep them.
But sometimes its the man loving the woman, and, then he must do the honorable thing. Even if he jumped the gun...they must admit they wrong and rushed into it. If it's genuine love, and they just forgot to ask their parents blessing...swallow pride and do it. Get married.

Reactions: Juk
To add on,
Hi,

Would you please clarify this? I find it a little confusing.

I think you may be referring to these verses: Deuteronomy 22:28-29?
No, those verses are about rape. I can not find the verses I am talking about either, but its around there I think.

I talked about willing sex and that they should marry eachother unless the father refuses. And that she was playing the harlot for having sex with him

well yes why would you not want to marry the guy you 'have sex' with especially since you most likely will have a child by him.

If you don't want his children, or prepared to do this, then yes, you just playing the harlot.
That's not good for you, or the guy.

Sorry, I tried but I can't find the verses that mention that. I looked in Exodus, Deuteronomy, and Leviticus. Even looked in a concordance under harlot. It does sound familiar though.

Is it possible that you are combining verses from different parts of the bible together that have a similar idea and thinking it was one story? I know that happens sometimes. I do it myself sometimes.

I found it,
Exodus 22:16And if a man entice a maid that is not betrothed, and lie with her, he shall surely endow her to be his wife.17If her father utterly refuse to give her unto him, he shall pay money according to the dowry of virgins.

I found it,
Exodus 22:16And if a man entice a maid that is not betrothed, and lie with her, he shall surely endow her to be his wife.17If her father utterly refuse to give her unto him, he shall pay money according to the dowry of virgins.
Ahhh ok, it was the play the harlot part that threw me off, that's why I couldn't find it.

Back