Shaken faith

Shaken faith

Hi.

I was raised a Catholic but didnt really become a Chrstian until I was 30. That was 18 years ago. Ive had my good and bad times through the years but the last 6 yrs have been the worst, and its been constant. Its shaken my faith and Im trying to get close to the Lord again. Ive gone through a lot with my 2 kids, and now my 21 yr old daughter and her husband are keeping my grandsons away from me. They use them against me if they are angry. She claims to be a Christian, but has many mental health issues. My grandsons are 17mos and 4 mos old.
Im a mess. I love my daughter and I love her children. Im feeling as though God is turning His back on me. Please pray for me. thanks,

K

Kaycee,
When the disciples were in their boat in the middle of a storm in the Sea of Galilee being tossed by waves, when they realized that their strength and their boat were no match for the gale, they were astonished that Jesus was asleep. It must have seemed to them that He either didn't understand the danger they were in, or He didn't care about their plight, or that He was just oblivious. It's a hard thing when the choices of others splash misery on us.

Father God, I cry out to you on behalf of Kaycee. The storm is becoming too much for her. I know that You know her pain, having struggled with Your wayward children for thousands of years. Jesus, please arise and give her peace in her heart. I pray further that you would be stirring and stirring in the hearts of her daughter and her son in law by Your Holy Spirit, giving them no rest until they weary of fighting against you and submit to You. Restore Kaycee's family to her and restore her strength. Amen.
I will continue to pray for your situation. God has not abandoned you. The day will come when He will personally wipe every tear from your eye.

Beautiful, Rumely~

Kaycee, just to add to this already wonderful advice and prayer, don't argue back. Show nothing but love and put it all in God's hands.
Tell the LORD, "I can't handle it anymore and I turn it over to you"

Love, Violet

I think Rumley and Violet have said it all, however I'd like to add that I sort of know where you are. In my case the situation is reversed with a mother in law who wants nothing to do with me and my children and who never misses and opportunity to hurt me! I have had to realize that, although I don't understand why God is NOT doing something, it is not for me to question Him or change her! It is indeed a hard path and I don't envy you your mercy task! I am so sorry you have to go through this, but I do know that Jesus loves you and them and He is there every day! I know it becomes really hard to trust that He is working behind the scenes when there is no outward manifestation, but He is working! The other thing that is hard for all of us to accept is that He will not force anyone to do anything! His promptings are there everyday but we have to choose to hear and follow them! So do the people in our lives that we would like to see changed! please don't give up! God loves you and your family and, like Rumley said, one day He will personally wipe every tear from your eyes!

Laura:)

thank you all so much. I really need the prayers and words of encouragment. Thank you for caring enough to do that for me

Lord-

We pray for Kaycee, that you would help with her family to bring peace, love and comassion back and drive out and away, the evil influence that has seperated them. We pray for healing and restoration to overflowing for this family. In Jesus Name- Amen!!

Amen CC. kaycee Jesus did not say we would not have storms in life but He did say He would be there to take us thru those storms. Jesus is the very rock on which we stand.

Mat 7:24 Therefore whosoever heareth these sayings of mine, and doeth them, I will liken him unto a wise man, which built his house upon a rock:
Mat 7:25 And the rain descended, and the floods came, and the winds blew, and beat upon that house; and it fell not: for it was founded upon a rock.
I will be praying for you and your family! Your brother in Christ, Larry

Back