Share the love. Expand the Kingdom of God. Pray and Act.

Jeffin

Webmaster
Staff member
Helper
Share the love. Expand the Kingdom of God. Pray and Act.

There's still more we can do with CFS.

We have a great place to chat and share. A great team to help you. A good server powering our site. We grew because everyone contributed. One small help from 4and1/2 thousand members will make a big difference. Do what you can to promote the site.
We've been blessed to share.

Pray for us persistently. Ask God to use us to the fullest.
Email your friends. Put CFS link in your email signature.
If you have a page, a small visible link back to CFS will help us a lot. Blog us.
Also join our facebook page: facebook.com/christianforums

Do this as soon as you see this post, so you don't forget or change your mind. One small act now will make a visible difference.

Let God burn us with passion. We have his strength to do a lot more. :jesus-sign:

No, we've not had such events. I know other forums may be interested. I don't know how we can do that. Great idea though.

I recall seeing a thread regarding a group prayer gathering in the past . i wonder how that was done? interactive chat makes it easier to flow in the spirit too .

No, we've not had such events. I know other forums may be interested. I don't know how we can do that. Great idea though.

This is the only forum I know that does not have a chat room or shout box. Maybe the new one you might consider will have that. That usually brings more in it seems to me

This is the only forum I know that does not have a chat room or shout box. Maybe the new one you might consider will have that. That usually brings more in it seems to me

There are a few reasons for that.

1. Moderating a chat room is much difficult. Someone has to stay online when chat is open. It's not impossible. This was the main reason.
2. Site upgrades are more difficult when we have unstable vbulletin version with unofficial addons. Lesser the addons, lesser the risk.
3. Forum participation could go down. I don't have much evidence for that. :)
4. Now that I am waiting for a new forum package, I'll have to wait till they build a chat addon for that. It'll take time for third-party developers to analyse and build one for it and then sometime for me to research into which one's best for us.

Until we get our own chat software, we can probably use Skype or some of those softwares.

It can be extra work for sure, and need of more man power. But since some people do used personal messengers like yahoo and others, thats good. Some emails have chat right in them too for real time chat

There are a few reasons for that.

1. Moderating a chat room is much difficult. Someone has to stay online when chat is open. It's not impossible. This was the main reason.
2. Site upgrades are more difficult when we have unstable vbulletin version with unofficial addons. Lesser the addons, lesser the risk.
3. Forum participation could go down. I don't have much evidence for that. :)
4. Now that I am waiting for a new forum package, I'll have to wait till they build a chat addon for that. It'll take time for third-party developers to analyse and build one for it and then sometime for me to research into which one's best for us.

Until we get our own chat software, we can probably use Skype or some of those softwares.

1. it's not that hard . everything that happens disappears 10 lines later . generally chats take care of themselves . the point of chat is to have a relaxed atmosphere where people can share and not worry about structure . if someone causes trouble restrict access . no worries .

2. you could get a chat from an outside provider not related to the forum provider . and then put a link to it in the menu up top . that might work .

3. considering that "blogging" is not allowed in the open forum (we have blogs for that, and i use it quite often) and repeated posting is discouraged . and i seem to be the only one blogging often . . . and some people such as myself .. cannot seem to reply to blogs .. not sure why ..

i would see this as an outlet where people can breathe easier . and participation may increase because it is more interactive and it is okay to just say stuff you're thinking without needing to place it in x, y, or z category . but that's just an observation . i'm not sure what kind of participation was desired . but there are those moments .. where no one is posting anything anyway .. and chat would seem the next logical outlet .

4. see answer on 2 .

hope my response was helpful .

1. it's not that hard . everything that happens disappears 10 lines later . generally chats take care of themselves . the point of chat is to have a relaxed atmosphere where people can share and not worry about structure . if someone causes trouble restrict access . no worries .

Nothing is impossible. Agreed. :D

2. you could get a chat from an outside provider not related to the forum provider . and then put a link to it in the menu up top . that might work .

That will work. I was actually interested in realchat software or their hosted service. Too expensive as of now. Will have to wait and use something which is free or cheaper for now.

3. considering that "blogging" is not allowed in the open forum (we have blogs for that, and i use it quite often) and repeated posting is discouraged . and i seem to be the only one blogging often . . . and some people such as myself .. cannot seem to reply to blogs .. not sure why ..

Uhmm... I think it might be a technical issue that I should rectify. I'll check anyway.
In my opinion, blog service provide by blogger.com or wordpress.com is much better than ours. They are also free. But if someone still wants to blog on CFS, they are welcome. We're restricted by what our developers offer us. That's all. By the way, I use wordpress for my blog.
:glasses:

i would see this as an outlet where people can breathe easier . and participation may increase because it is more interactive and it is okay to just say stuff you're thinking without needing to place it in x, y, or z category . but that's just an observation . i'm not sure what kind of participation was desired . but there are those moments .. where no one is posting anything anyway .. and chat would seem the next logical outlet .

4. see answer on 2 .

I will try. I am less concerned now about the site and more concerned about the people on it. So whatever you think, I'll try and implement when I can. :smiley10:

hope my response was helpful .

Thank you for your reply brother.

Most people do have a personal messenger of somekind. And when I had one you could even use voice, webcam and group chat for yahoo or MSN and maybe skype.

I've noticed on other sites, the member list also has a place to show your yahoo messenger address or on your profile under CONTACT is it has a few spaces to list them. I'd think that would work for now and that could easily be added.

I like Skype. That how I primarily talk to my family and friends abroad. Add me on Skype: jeffinjohnson and let me know who you are on CFS. I'll accept.

Text real time chat would be good to use somewhere, like IRC.
In fact I cant find a decent IRC channel dedicated to Christians, there is #christian on dal.net but I dont like it loll.

Thanks Jeff for your response, i understand what you mean .

looking at the rest of the thread .. this kinda illustrates, to keep in touch with even a handful of forumers i would need to manage a whole bunch of other chat softwares . if it was all in one place then it would flow naturally from the conversations we have on here already .

I have MSN from a previous season . maybe i'll install a bunch of those softwares soon anyway . might be a good way to branch out .

Back