She Gave Her ALL

Dusty

Inactive
She Gave Her ALL

Extravagant love is what Mary did for her Saviour , Jesus Christ

John 12

Jesus Anointed at Bethany

1Six days before the Passover, Jesus arrived at Bethany, where Lazarus lived, whom Jesus had raised from the dead. 2Here a dinner was given in Jesus' honor. Martha served, while Lazarus was among those reclining at the table with him. 3Then Mary took about a pint of pure nard, an expensive perfume; she poured it on Jesus' feet and wiped his feet with her hair. And the house was filled with the fragrance of the perfume.
4But one of his disciples, Judas Iscariot, who was later to betray him, objected, 5"Why wasn't this perfume sold and the money given to the poor? It was worth a year's wages.[6He did not say this because he cared about the poor but because he was a thief; as keeper of the money bag, he used to help himself to what was put into it.
7"Leave her alone," Jesus replied. " It was intended that she should save this perfume for the day of my burial. 8You will always have the poor among you, but you will not always have me."
You all the story of Mary and we pick up the story where she pours a whole bottle of very expensive perfume over Jesus head and then anoints His feet and lets down her hair and dries His feet with her hair
Now we need to know the custom of that day was that a woman was never in a room with men and never to be seen in that room . and furthermore she touched a man, Jesus which was also forbidden in the culture of that day She did all the things that her culture told her not to do .let alone let her hair down and wiping a man’s feet .

But this was not an ordinary man , this was the Son of God and Mary loved Jesus so much and she recognized Him as the Lord of Lords and King of Kings .

Something else very significant in this story is that Mary anointed Jesus just like the religious leaders did in the Old Testament . Moses poured oil over Aaron’s head when he was to take Moses place and so did other leaders.

We see Mary as having extravagant love for Jesus that it did not matter the cost . She took the best of what she had and extravagant love is precious to us . ( Judas actually exposed the fact of the value of the perfume ) Also I can imagine that the smell of the perfume filled the whole house and was pleasant to others and effected every one in the room . The smell probably even left the house .

When we worship our Lord and King lets think about what Mary did and give Him our best as it effects others and impacts them , just as the sweet aroma of the perfume that filled that room , our worship should be a sweet aroma to Jesus The moment we gather to worship we bring life. We are the aroma of life to those who are searching. Don’t hold back no matter what others think .

Worship is how we live our life to express our love for Jesus . Our love is pleasing to Him ..

The disciples began to rebuke Mary but Jesus told them to leave her alone . She has reconized Me for who I am

We ae the perfume of worship and need to fall in love with our Saviour just as Mary did .Jesus lifted her up and will do the same for us as we worship and are pleasing to Him .

She gave ALL she had ...

Give the best you have to Him

The disciples began to rebuke Mary but Jesus told them to leave her alone .

If they loved Him like they should they wouldn't be criticizing. Don't quit worshipping Him with all your heart even if others don't understand

She gave ALL she had ...

Give the best you have to Him

Yes she gave her all, all she had and all her heart. When we hold back we are reserving it for ourself and not sold out to God.
Love the Lord with all your heart, soul, mind and strength

Thanks GodSpeaks .... I don't know how you find all these . But I appreciate them .

2 Corinthians 2:15
For we are to God the aroma of Christ among those who are being saved and those who are perishing.

Just like that perfume that filled the air with sweet aroma we too fill the air with our worship which is pleasing and sweet to the Lord. We are also that aroma to the lost as we share with them about Christ.

When I read the words "extravagant love" the first thing that popped into my head was the line to that song that says

"You're love is extravagant"

There is much debate in the world today about women ministers, but I say . . .

Mary was the greatest woman minister to ever walk the face of the earth.
She ministered Diety to this world by giving birth to its Savior.

To minister simply means "to serve" (American Heritage Dictionary).

Therefore, Mary served Salvation to mankind in a straw-filled manger wrapped in swaddling clothes,
and the Savior of the world was broght forth from a virgin.

Virgin means "in a pure and natural state" (American Heritage Dictionary).

Mary was in the purist, most natural state humanly possible when carrying Jesus; man's purist sacrifice.

Yes, she did give her all . . . Thank You Mary!

There is much debate in the world today about women ministers, but I say . . .

Mary was the greatest woman minister to ever walk the face of the earth.
She ministered Diety to this world by giving birth to its Savior.

To minister simply means "to serve" (American Heritage Dictionary).

Therefore, Mary served Salvation to mankind in a straw-filled manger wrapped in swaddling clothes,
and the Savior of the world was broght forth from a virgin.

Virgin means "in a pure and natural state" (American Heritage Dictionary).

Mary was in the purist, most natural state humanly possible when carrying Jesus; man's purist sacrifice.

Yes, she did give her all . . . Thank You Mary!

Thank you and that is a very good reminder to us all . Mary the mother of Jesus gave her all .

The Mary I was talking about was Mary the sister of Martha as she gave all she had to Jesus and could have gotten a whole year's wages from that bottle but she loved Jesus so much that she wanted o show her love for Him by annonting Him with that expensive perfume .

Mary... took a pound of expensive ointment made from pure nard, and anointed the feet of Jesus and wiped his feet with her hair. The house was filled with the fragrance of the perfume." v3 from John 12:1-11.

Also listen to this beautiful song : Broken and Spilled out .

Thank you and that is a very good reminder to us all . She Mary the mother of Jesus gave her all .

The Mary I was talking about was Mary the sister of Martha as she gave all she had to Jesus and could have gotten a whole year's wages from that bottle but she loved Jesus so much that she wanted o show her love for Him by annonting Him with that expensive perfume .

I've had Mary (the mother of Jesus) on my mind lately.

Sorry! That's what I get for NOT reading the whole post.

Now that I HAVE read the whole post . . . Wow! It reminds me of one of my favorite songs . . .

The Alabaster Box

The Mary that I am speaking of is Mary of Bethany and her life was devoted to God so much that each time she is described in the Bible she is sitting at Jesus feet . Remember the time when her sister asked Jesus to help with the meal , Jesus reply was that she is doing honour to Him by sitting at His feet , and loving Him .

Jesus descerned Mary's heart of devotion because she accepted every word that He said . She desired to only serve her Master and humbled herself before God .

The attitude and heart that Mary had for Jesus is the same kind of attitude we must have in serving Him . She was definately a woman mighty in spirit.

We must ask Jesus to make us aware of anything that keeps us from sitting at His feet in a heart of devotion to our Saviour and soon coming King .This is what Mary cherished ---- the Word of God as she drank in every Word that Jesus spoke .

Now we have the precious Word of God and the ability to read and study the Bible and listen to Him speak to us through His Word . He has given us the Holy Spirit so that we also may partake of His every words and hunger and thirst for more of Him .

As we do this our lives will also be lives of devotion to Him with a spirit and attitude of gratitude and heart full of devotion and love for Jesus .

This is our greatest source of comfort and hope.

I've had Mary (the mother of Jesus) on my mind lately.

Sorry! That's what I get for NOT reading the whole post.

Now that I HAVE read the whole post . . . Wow! It reminds me of one of my favorite songs . . .

The Alabaster Box

That's ok .... I enjoyed your message as well . That was a good example of Mary the Mother of God . She also should be remembered as a young girl and how she trusted God no matter all the scorn she must have taken from those around her who did not understand .

Thanks for the song .... It ties in with what we are talking about . I really like Cece Winans .... The Alibaster Box .... That's beautiful .

She gave ALL she had ...

Dusty much has already been said on this story but there's just one thing that I'd like add is this.....that in giving her all to The Master she never counted the cost ..and that is precious.

giving her all to The Master she never counted the cost ..and that is precious

Yes, He'sallIneed . .... that is the real truth and lesson of the story . She loved Jesus so much that she probably didn't even think about the cost until Judas brought it up . But it did not stop her from pouring out her love for Jesus and Jesus saw her heart.

thanks godspeaks .... I don't know how you find all these . But i appreciate them .

2 corinthians 2:15
for we are to god the aroma of christ among those who are being saved and those who are perishing.

just like that perfume that filled the air with sweet aroma we too fill the air with our worship which is pleasing and sweet to the lord. We are also that aroma to the lost as we share with them about christ.

GodSpeaks said:
his fragrance will be upon you where ever you go and people around you will know there is something different. It draws them and will cause those who are hungry and searching to want to have what you have: And that is, to have a vibrant, daily personal relationship with jesus.

there was incense burning in the tabernacle, which was a picture of our praises ascending up to him. And they had anointing oil made with specific, very fragrant ingredients.

this shows, concerning the woman i mentioned and also us, every place we go, people will know we belong to him. You can just tell when you meet another christian without them even saying so. You can sense his presence when you are in their presence

2 corinthians 2:14
but thanks be to god, who in christ always leads us in triumph [as trophies of christ's victory] and through us spreads and makes evident the fragrance of the knowledge of god everywhere, 15for we are the sweet fragrance of christ [which exhales] unto god, [discernible alike] among those who are being saved and among those who are perishing. (amp)

[ from
http://www.christianforumsite.com/bible-studies/27617-transformed-into-his-image-7.html#post208047 ]

Thanks GodSpeaks and I know we ae being repetitive but God wants us to express this or it would not be so heavy on our hearts ... Blessings

Mine statement was from my other thread so I just quoted it. So that was like confirmation.

But if I repeated it on this one I didn't intend to.

Mine statement was on my other thread so I just quoted it. So that was like confirmation.

But if I repeated it on this one I didn't intend to.

No that's good that you quoted it . It adds to this thread too and that makes me a happy camper .... he he .... bless you my dear.

this shows, concerning the woman i mentioned and also us, every place we go, people will know we belong to him. You can just tell when you meet another christian without them even saying so. You can sense his presence when you are in their presence

That is so true and in my travels , even people who do not speak my language , have been drawn together because of the sense of that fragrance .

Just recently I met a woman at Curves and she said " I could feel in my spirit that you were a Christian and the two of us were drawn to each other . What an amazing experience to be a Child of God and be drawn to to ohers of like mind and spirit.

Back