Should Christmas be Celebrated Or Rejected, You Decided

This is what going on today, people dealing with other tradition thats not of God (Jesus) and not of the gospel that was preach.

The tradition that's not of God is believing the pagan teaching that created things are anything more than just created things. Why do you seem to believe the pagan teaching? I mean, you seem to believe that decorating a tree = worshiping a false god, just because some pagan people said it is. What I don't get is why we should believe that pagan teaching. The Bible, instead, teaches that believing that tree has any kind of power = vanity. Do you think when people put up a Christmas tree they are following the pagan tradition of believing that tree has some kind of supernatural power, or are they instead separating themselves from that pagan tradition, and recognizing the Biblical truth that "they cannot do evil, neither also is it in them to do good"? You say they are "dealing with other tradition(s)," I say they are setting aside those traditions and simply believing the Bible.

The gospel that was preached is still the same gospel that Christians preach on Christmas, Easter and what you call "Sunday worship." I'm glad you agree with Act 10:15, and I sincerely hope that one day you'll be able to see that whatever God chooses to use to teach His word by which He seeks to cleanse people, we have no right to call that work "evil".

And have you returned in the power of the Spirit into Galilee? I see you have bolded part of the text, so you must want to emphasize it. Have you followed the example as the bolded texts say? Have you followed in His steps as emphasized by the texts you have bolded? No, you have not.
What I am reading from you is that you have introduced a red herring. You should try to remain focused.
Paul preached to the Jews in synagogues on the Sabbath because that is where the Jews congregated....not in the car park of the local hamburger joint....get it? If you want to speak to a gathering of Jews, where and when do you think this might happen?
Take a close look at the calendar Saturday is still positioned as the seventh day and Sunday is still positioned as the first day of the week. Most people work Monday to Friday (admittedly this is not true for everyone) But for those who do, how can you sit in judgment and say that they do not keep the Sabbath? And if they do keep the Sabbath as a day of rest as the commandment requires, how is it that you see it as sin if they also worship the Lord on the first day of the week? Are you in a position to ration the amount of worship the Lord receives?

Paul preacher or held a Holy convocation on the sabbath day (seventh day) because that is the law. So did the Prophets and other apostles. Lets this be known unto you. All the books written in the Bible where written by Hebrew Israelites, not the other way around. Paul said in Ephesians 2: 18 For through him we both have access by one Spirit unto the Father. 19 Now therefore ye are no more strangers and foreigners, but fellowcitizens with the saints, and of the household of God; 20 - And are built upon the foundation of the apostles and prophets, Jesus Christ himself being the chief corner stone;

So there nothing knew, nothing....

So there nothing knew, nothing....
Nothing? No New Testament , only that which is old?
2Co 3:3 And you show that you are a letter from Christ delivered by us, written not with ink but with the Spirit of the living God, not on tablets of stone but on tablets of human hearts.
2Co 3:4. Such is the confidence that we have through Christ toward God.
2Co 3:5. Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God,
2Co 3:6. who has made us sufficient to be ministers of a new covenant, not of the letter but of the Spirit. For the letter kills, but the Spirit gives life.
2Co 3:7. Now if the ministry of death, carved in letters on stone, came with such glory that the Israelites could not gaze at Moses' face because of its glory, which was being brought to an end,
2Co 3:8. will not the ministry of the Spirit have even more glory?
2Co 3:9. For if there was glory in the ministry of condemnation, the ministry of righteousness must far exceed it in glory.
2Co 3:10. Indeed, in this case, what once had glory has come to have no glory at all, because of the glory that surpasses it.
2Co 3:11. For if what was being brought to an end came with glory, much more will what is permanent have glory.
The Ten commandments were written on tablets of stone, yet they are described by Paul as a 'ministry of death'.
This is Paul's teaching, not mine, so pay attention.
See to it that you are not so caught up in the ministry of death that you miss the bus for the ministry of the Spirit and life.

Me thinks Bro.tan you have been pointed in the direction of truth by several people here but you are steadfastly rejecting all efforts to lead you to that truth. As the saying goes, 'you've made your bed, now lie in it'. If you want to take refuge in the ministry of death, that is your free choice. I see no percentage in persevering with you on this matter.

Nothing? No New Testament , only that which is old?
2Co 3:3 And you show that you are a letter from Christ delivered by us, written not with ink but with the Spirit of the living God, not on tablets of stone but on tablets of human hearts.
2Co 3:4. Such is the confidence that we have through Christ toward God.
2Co 3:5. Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God,
2Co 3:6. who has made us sufficient to be ministers of a new covenant, not of the letter but of the Spirit. For the letter kills, but the Spirit gives life.
2Co 3:7. Now if the ministry of death, carved in letters on stone, came with such glory that the Israelites could not gaze at Moses' face because of its glory, which was being brought to an end,
2Co 3:8. will not the ministry of the Spirit have even more glory?
2Co 3:9. For if there was glory in the ministry of condemnation, the ministry of righteousness must far exceed it in glory.
2Co 3:10. Indeed, in this case, what once had glory has come to have no glory at all, because of the glory that surpasses it.
2Co 3:11. For if what was being brought to an end came with glory, much more will what is permanent have glory.
The Ten commandments were written on tablets of stone, yet they are described by Paul as a 'ministry of death'.
This is Paul's teaching, not mine, so pay attention.
See to it that you are not so caught up in the ministry of death that you miss the bus for the ministry of the Spirit and life.

None of them verses have anything to do with the sabbath day or a change of the sabbath. When I said nothing new I was quoting Solomon in Ecclesiastes 1:9 The thing that hath been, it is that which shall be; and that which is done is that which shall be done: and there is no new thing under the sun. New testament christians do not understand what the foundation of the apostles and prophets is.
(1John 2:3-4) (v.3) And hereby we do know that we know him, if we keep his commandments. (v.4) he that saith, I know him, and keepeth not his commandments, is a liar, and the truth is not in him.

Ecclesiastes Is a record or an account of 'the preacher's (Solomon's) journey seeking wisdom. Not every word or phrase should be received as a statement made from journey's end, which are....
Ecc 12:11 The words of the wise are like goads, and like nails firmly fixed are the collected sayings; they are given by one Shepherd.
Ecc 12:12 My son, beware of anything beyond these. Of making many books there is no end, and much study is a weariness of the flesh.
Ecc 12:13 The end of the matter; all has been heard. Fear God and keep his commandments, for this is the whole duty of man.
Ecc 12:14 For God will bring every deed into judgment, with every secret thing, whether good or evil.

Ecclesiastes Is a record or an account of 'the preacher's (Solomon's) journey seeking wisdom. Not every word or phrase should be received as a statement made from journey's end, which are....
Ecc 12:11 The words of the wise are like goads, and like nails firmly fixed are the collected sayings; they are given by one Shepherd.
Ecc 12:12 My son, beware of anything beyond these. Of making many books there is no end, and much study is a weariness of the flesh.
Ecc 12:13 The end of the matter; all has been heard. Fear God and keep his commandments, for this is the whole duty of man.
Ecc 12:14 For God will bring every deed into judgment, with every secret thing, whether good or evil.

Every word in the Bible needs to be understood, the Bible is the word that we live by...didn't just Jesus say in Matthew 4: 4 But he answered and said, It is written, Man shall not live by bread alone, but by every word that proceedeth out of the mouth of God. Learn this Bible from Genesis to Revelation. I see you quoted the last two verses. I'm going to requoted them correctly. In Ecc 12:13 Let us hear the conclusion of the whole matter: Fear God, and keep his commandments: for this is the whole duty of man. 12:14 For God shall bring every work into judgment, with every secret thing, whether it be good, or whether it be evil.
So these two verses would be a problem for Sunday worship people because, they can't keep all of the commandments, unless they change from Sunday the (first day of the week), to the sabbath day on the seventh day of the week as it is written in their Bibles and mine. They do not fear God, so that might be a problem as well. Even though Jesus says in Luke 12:5 But I will forewarn you whom ye shall fear: Fear him, which after he hath killed hath power to cast into hell; yea, I say unto you, Fear him.

People we must realize, that it is the keeping of God’s holy laws that separates the righteous from the unrighteous. Paul said in (Titus: 3:8) This is a faithful saying, and these things I will that thou affirm constantly, that they which have believed in God might be careful to maintain good works. These things are good and profitable unto men. You must learn (by the word of God) what God expects of you and maintain his expectations to the end, if you expect to be saved.

the sabbath day on the seventh day of the week as it is written in their Bibles and mine. .

Just out of curiosity, what are your thoughts on the Hebrew "oral Torah," the Talmud? Like, do you regard it as the Jewish people do?

Also, what are your thoughts on the controversy about whether the Sabbath has been historically calculated by a fixed calendar, or by lunar cycles?

Back