Should Homosexual Behavior Be Illegal?

Status
Not open for further replies.
OK, guys. Today you have proven to me that God knows our heart as no one else. In John 8 (Jesus and the adulteress) we see that when men consider themselves righteous, they are quick to judge and condemn others. The real problem here, and the very sad problem, is that you fail to understand that you are sinners, saved by grace and nothing more. That's why you have no empathy for those who need Jesus in their lives. I will pray to God for you. Forgive me if I was rude in some of my comments. I sincerely love you in Christ.

OK, guys. Today you have proven to me that God knows our heart as no one else. In John 8 (Jesus and the adulteress) we see that when men consider themselves righteous, they are quick to judge and condemn others. The real problem here, and the very sad problem, is that you fail to understand that you are sinners, saved by grace and nothing more. That's why you have no empathy for those who need Jesus in their lives. I will pray to God for you. Forgive me if I was rude in some of my comments. I sincerely love you in Christ.
Bother, what you have tried to do is show that showing mercy and grace to those who willingly are doing wrong as the only way to bring them to Jesus. You are only half right. They have to first know what they are doing is wrong before you can show them the mercy and grace of God. If they think what they are doing is OK, then why would they need a saviour. Conviction of sin and mercy and grace go hand in hand. You can not have one without the other.

1 Peter 2:15-17 (KJV)
For so is the will of God, that with well doing ye may put to silence the ignorance of foolish men: As free, and not using [your] liberty for a cloke of maliciousness, but as the servants of God. Honour all [men]. Love the brotherhood. Fear God. Honour the king.

Don't use the liberty of grace as a cloak for sin! Real Christian do not wish to sin, nor remain in it.

Mt 7:15 ¶ Beware of false prophets, which come to you in sheep's clothing, but inwardly they are ravening wolves.
16 Ye shall know them by their fruits. Do men gather grapes of thorns, or figs of thistles?
17 Even so every good tree bringeth forth good fruit; but a corrupt tree bringeth forth evil fruit.
18 A good tree cannot bring forth evil fruit, neither can a corrupt tree bring forth good fruit.
19 Every tree that bringeth not forth good fruit is hewn down, and cast into the fire.

20 Wherefore by their fruits ye shall know them.
21 ¶ Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven.

If I were president this would be my new laws:
1 no gay
2 no sex outside of marriage
3 texting allowed while driving
4 no frog legs
5 organic eggs only
6 smoking banned
7 no penalty for drinking and driving unless you cause an accident
8 immunization shots not required

Big difference between dealing with folks in the grace of God and using the mercy of God to promote wickedness.

You fail to realize that you have set yourself up as judge over believers. That is what's sad. No one here is condemning anyone. We are speaking the truth of God's word about sin and sinners who are proud of their sin and what God thinks of that. Most of us here who know Christ are aware of what we have been saved from and know that without Christ we are nothing and can do nothing, but we are righteous in Him alone! We are new creatures in Christ, and that is something to revel in! In that state, we really do have true empathy for those among us who are lost and suffering under the weight of their sins. We don't pander to them and pat them on their little heads and let them go their way in sin---and like you---give them some kind of a platform to give their particular sin acceptability. No! We tell them about the love of Jesus Christ who died to save them and to give them an abundant life! Now THAT is what LOVE does.

Do you do that? Or would you much rather roll around in the dirt, hurling out false accusations against the very people you are supposed to be joined with as family?

Last edited:
No I am just blinded by your self righteousness.

This is the typical junk that people who have no clue will throw out at Christians. I have no righteousness in myself. I have Christ's righteousness by promise.

Should I be born again, again?

Are you born again? You are definitely acting as though you are blind to the truth of the word of God.

Ephesians 5:1-17 (NLT)

Living in the Light
5 Imitate God, therefore, in everything you do, because you are his dear children. 2 Live a life filled with love, following the example of Christ. He loved us and offered himself as a sacrifice for us, a pleasing aroma to God.

3 Let there be no sexual immorality, impurity, or greed among you. Such sins have no place among God’s people. 4 Obscene stories, foolish talk, and coarse jokes—these are not for you. Instead, let there be thankfulness to God. 5 You can be sure that no immoral, impure, or greedy person will inherit the Kingdom of Christ and of God. For a greedy person is an idolater, worshiping the things of this world.

6 Don’t be fooled by those who try to excuse these sins, for the anger of God will fall on all who disobey him. 7 Don’t participate in the things these people do. 8 For once you were full of darkness, but now you have light from the Lord. So live as people of light! 9 For this light within you produces only what is good and right and true.

10 Carefully determine what pleases the Lord. 11 Take no part in the worthless deeds of evil and darkness; instead, expose them. 12 It is shameful even to talk about the things that ungodly people do in secret. 13 But their evil intentions will be exposed when the light shines on them, 14 for the light makes everything visible. This is why it is said,

“Awake, O sleeper,
rise up from the dead,
and Christ will give you light.”

Living by the Spirit’s Power
15 So be careful how you live. Don’t live like fools, but like those who are wise. 16 Make the most of every opportunity in these evil days. 17 Don’t act thoughtlessly, but understand what the Lord wants you to do.

I agree with you 100%. I told you what would come of this thread. Hateful self righteous people love picking at others flaws and Christians seem very good at it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back