Should there be a emphasis on the Messiah's words?

I believe so and here are some verses showing why I think this way.

John/Yahanan 14:26, “But the Comforter; the Holy Spirit which YHWH will send in My Name will teach you all things, and bring all things to your remembrance, whatever I (Yahshua/Jesus) have said to you.”

John/Yahanan 6:63, “It is the Spirit that gives life; the flesh is useless. The words (Instructions) that I (Yahshua/Jesus) speak to you, they are Spirit, and they are life everlasting.”

John 14:23-24, “יהושע answered him, “If anyone loves Me, he shall guard My Word. And My Father shall love him, and We shall come to him and make Our home with him. He who does not love Me does not guard My Words. And the Word which you hear is not Mine but of the Father Who sent Me.”

John/Yahanan 12:48, “He who rejects Me, and does not follow My words has One Who judges him. The word that I have spoken, the same will be used to judge him in the last day.”

John 6:27-29, “Do not labor for the food that is perishing, but for the food that is remaining to everlasting life, which the Son of Aḏam shall give you, for the Father, YHWH, has set His seal on Him.” So they said to Him, “What should we do to work the works of YHWH?” יהושע answered and said to them, “This is the work of YHWH, that you believe in Him whom He sent.”

1 John 3:23-24, “And this is His command, that we should believe in the Name of His Son יהושע Messiah and love one another, as He gave us command. And the one guarding His commands stays in Him, and He in him. And by this we know that He stays in us, by the Spirit which He gave us.”

Acts 3:19-23, “Repent therefore and turn back, for the blotting out of your sins, in order that times of refreshing might come from the presence of the Master, and that He sends יהושע Messiah, pre-appointed for you, whom heaven needs to receive until the times of restoration of all matters, of which the Mighty One spoke through the mouth of all His set-apart prophets since of old. For Mosheh truly said to the fathers, ‘יהוה your Mighty One shall raise up for you a Prophet like me from your brothers. Him you shall hear according to all matters, whatever He says to you. And it shall be that every being who does not hear that Prophet shall be utterly destroyed from among the people.”

Deuteronomy 18:18-19, “I (YHWH) will raise up for them a Prophet (Yahshua/Jesus) like you from among their brothers, and I will put My words in His mouth, and He will tell them everything I command Him. Whoever will not listen to My words, which He speaks in My Name, I will judge him for it.”

2 John 1:9-11, “Everyone who is transgressing and not staying in the teaching of Messiah does not possess YHWH The one who stays in the teaching of Messiah possesses both the Father and the Son. If anyone comes to you and does not bring this teaching, do not receive him into your house nor greet him, for he who greets him shares in his wicked works.”

John 14:6-7, “יהושע said to him, “I am the Way, and the Truth, and the Life. No one comes to the Father except through Me. If you had known Me, you would have known My Father too. From now on you know Him, and have seen.”

2 John 1:9-11, “Everyone who is transgressing and not staying in the teaching of Messiah does not possess the Mighty One. The one who stays in the teaching of Messiah possesses both the Father and the Son. If anyone comes to you and does not bring this teaching, do not receive him into your house nor greet him, for he who greets him shares in his wicked works.” (1Jn 1:3, 1Jn 2:22, 1Jn 5:20)

Acts 5:29-32, " 29 And Kĕpha and the other emissaries answering, said, “We have to obey Elohim rather than men.a Footnote: aSee Act 4:19. 30 “The Elohim of our fathers Exo 3:15 raised up יהושע whom you laid hands on, hanging Him on a timber. Deu 21:22-23. 31 “Him, a Princeb and a Saviour, Elohim has exalted to His right hand, Psa 110:1 to give repentance to Yisra’ĕl and forgiveness of sins. Footnote: bSee Act 3:15. 32 “And we are His witnesses to these matters, and so also is the Set-apart Spirit whom Elohim has given to those who obey Him.”c Footnote: cSee also 1Jn 3:24.

John 7:16-17, “יהושע answered them and said, “My teaching is not Mine, but His who sent Me. 17 “If anyone chooses to do His desire, he shall know concerning the teaching, whether it is from Elohim, or whether I speak from Myself.”

(יהושע says this in seven places in the Book of John: Joh 3:34, Joh 7:16, Joh 8:28, Joh 8:40, Joh 12:49, Joh 14:24, Joh 17:8. See also Deu 18:15-20.)

choosesis word #G2309 - theló: to will, wish, Original Word: θέλω, Part of Speech: Verb, Transliteration: theló, Phonetic Spelling: ( eth-el'-o,), Definition: to will, wish, Usage: I will, wish, desire, am willing, intend, design.

HELPS Word-studies #G2309 thélō (a primitive verb, NAS dictionary) – to desire (wish, will), wanting what is best (optimal) because someone is ready and willing to act.

#G2309 /thélō ("to desire, wish") is commonly used of the Lord extending His "best-offer" to the believer – wanting (desiring) to birth His persuasion (faith) in them which also empowers, manifests His presence etc. See 2307 (thelēma).

Matthew 10:37-39, “He who loves father or mother more than Me is not worthy of Me, and he who loves son or daughter more than Me is not worthy of Me. 38 “And he who does not take up his stake and follow after Me is not worthy of Me. 39 “He who has found his life shall lose it, and he that has lost his life for My sake shall find it.”

John 14:23-26, “יהושע answered him, “If anyone loves Me, he shall guard My Word. And My Father shall love him, and We shall come to him and make Our stay with him. He who does not love Me does not guard My Words. And the Word which you hear is not Mine but of the Father Who sent Me. These Words I have spoken to you while still with you. But the Helper, the Set-apart Spirit, whom the Father shall send in My Name, He shall teach you all, and remind you of all that I said to you.”

John 8:51 “Truly, truly, I say to you, if anyone guards My Word he shall never see death at all.”

John 12:25-26, “Truly, truly, I say to you, unless a grain of wheat falls into the ground and dies, it remains alone. But if it dies, it bears much fruit. He who loves his life shall lose it, and he who hates his life in this world shall preserve it for everlasting life." Whoever serves me must follow me; and where I am, my servant also will be. My Father will honor the one who serves me.”

John/Yahanan 10:16, “And I have other sheep that are not of this fold. I must bring them also, and they will listen to My voice. So there will be one flock, one Shepherd (4166 – poimén).”

Mat 24:35, “Heaven and earth may pass away, but My words (teachings) will not pass away.”

1 Peter 2:22-24, “He committed no sin, neither was deceit found in his mouth. When he was reviled, he did not revile in return; when he suffered, he did not threaten, but continued entrusting himself to him who judges justly. He himself bore our sins in his body on the tree, that we might die to sin and live to righteousness. By his wounds you have been healed.”

John 8:12, “Therefore יהושע spoke to them again, saying, “I am the light of the world. He who follows Me shall by no means walk in darkness, but possess the light of life.”

John 14:21, “he who possesses My commands and guards them, it is he who loves Me. And he who loves Me shall be loved by My Father, and I shall love him and manifest Myself to him.”

Luke 10:25-28, " 25 And see, a certain one learned in the Torah stood up, trying Him, and saying, “Teacher, what shall I do to inherit everlasting life?” 26 And He said to him, “What has been written in the Torah? How do you read it?” 27 And he answering, said, “ ‘You shall love יהוה your Elohim with all your heart, and with all your being, and with all your strength, and with all your mind,’ Deu 6:5 and ‘your neighbour as yourself.’ ” Lev 19:18. 28 And He said to him, “You have answered rightly. Do this and you shall live.”b Lev 18:5. Footnote: bSee also Mat 19:17, Joh 12:50 and Rev 22:14.

John 12:48-50, " 48 “He who rejects Me, and does not receive My Words, has one who judges him: the Word that I have spoken shall judge him in the last day.d Footnote: dSee also Joh 3:18-19, Joh 7:16. 49 “Because I spoke not from Myself, but the Father who sent Me has given Me a command,e what I should say and what I should speak. Footnote: eSee Joh 7:16. 50 “And I know that His command is everlasting life.f Therefore, whatever I speak, as the Father has said to Me, so I speak.” Footnote: fSee Mat Joh 19:17 and Joh 3:36.

Matthew 7:12-14, “Therefore, whatever you wish men to do to you, do also to them, for this is the Torah and the Prophets. Enter in through the narrow gate! Because the gate is wide – and the way is broad – that leads to destruction, and there are many who enter in through it. Because the gate is narrow and the way is hard pressed which leads to life, and there are few who find it.”

Psalms 118:19-22, “Open to me the gates of righteousness; I enter through them, I thank Yah. This is the gate of יהוה, The righteous enter through it. I thank You, For You have answered me, And have become my salvation. The stone which the builders rejected Has become the chief corner-stone.”

John/Yahanan 14:6, “Yahshua proclaimed to him: I am the way, the truth, and the life; no man comes to the Father, except through Me.”

John 10:9, “I am the door. Whoever enters through Me, he shall be saved, and shall go in and shall go out and find pasture.”

“door” is word #2374 - thura: a door, Original Word: θύρα, ας, ἡ, Part of Speech: Noun, Feminine, Transliteration: thura, Phonetic Spelling: (thoo'-rah), Short Definition: a door, opportunity, Definition: (a) a door, (b) met: an opportunity.

John 10:1-9, " 1 “Truly, truly, I say to you, he who does not enter through the door into the sheepfold, but climbs up by another way, that one is a thief and a robber. 2 “But he who enters through the door is the shepherd of the sheep. 3 “The doorkeeper opens for him, and the sheep hear his voice. And he calls his own sheep by name and leads them out. 4 “And when he has brought out his own sheep, he goes before them. And the sheep follow him, because they know his voice. 5 “And they shall by no means follow a stranger, but shall flee from him, because they do not know the voice of strangers.” 6 יהושע used this figure of speech, but they did not know what He had been saying to them. 7 יהושע therefore said to them again, “Truly, truly, I say to you, I am the door of the sheep. 8 “All who came before Me are thieves and robbers, but the sheep did not hear them. 9 “I am the door. Whoever enters through Me, he shall be saved, and shall go in and shall go out and find pasture.”

Mat 7:13-14, “Enter in through the narrow gate! Because the gate is wide – and the way is broad – that leads to destruction, and there are many who enter in through it. Because the gate is narrow and the way is hard pressed which leads to life, and there are few who find it.”

“gate” is word # 4439 - pulé: a gate, Original Word: πύλη, ης, ἡ, Part of Speech: Noun, Feminine, Transliteration: pulé, Phonetic Spelling: (poo'-lay), Short Definition: a door, gate, Definition: a gate.

Yahshua is the door, the only way to the Father. His teachings are the gate/path, the doctrine by all men will be judged..

I believe so and here are some verses showing why I think this way.

John/Yahanan 14:26, “But the Comforter; the Holy Spirit which YHWH will send in My Name will teach you all things, and bring all things to your remembrance, whatever I (Yahshua/Jesus) have said to you.”

John/Yahanan 6:63, “It is the Spirit that gives life; the flesh is useless. The words (Instructions) that I (Yahshua/Jesus) speak to you, they are Spirit, and they are life everlasting.”

John 14:23-24, “יהושע answered him, “If anyone loves Me, he shall guard My Word. And My Father shall love him, and We shall come to him and make Our home with him. He who does not love Me does not guard My Words. And the Word which you hear is not Mine but of the Father Who sent Me.”

John/Yahanan 12:48, “He who rejects Me, and does not follow My words has One Who judges him. The word that I have spoken, the same will be used to judge him in the last day.”

John 6:27-29, “Do not labor for the food that is perishing, but for the food that is remaining to everlasting life, which the Son of Aḏam shall give you, for the Father, YHWH, has set His seal on Him.” So they said to Him, “What should we do to work the works of YHWH?” יהושע answered and said to them, “This is the work of YHWH, that you believe in Him whom He sent.”

1 John 3:23-24, “And this is His command, that we should believe in the Name of His Son יהושע Messiah and love one another, as He gave us command. And the one guarding His commands stays in Him, and He in him. And by this we know that He stays in us, by the Spirit which He gave us.”

Acts 3:19-23, “Repent therefore and turn back, for the blotting out of your sins, in order that times of refreshing might come from the presence of the Master, and that He sends יהושע Messiah, pre-appointed for you, whom heaven needs to receive until the times of restoration of all matters, of which the Mighty One spoke through the mouth of all His set-apart prophets since of old. For Mosheh truly said to the fathers, ‘יהוה your Mighty One shall raise up for you a Prophet like me from your brothers. Him you shall hear according to all matters, whatever He says to you. And it shall be that every being who does not hear that Prophet shall be utterly destroyed from among the people.”

Deuteronomy 18:18-19, “I (YHWH) will raise up for them a Prophet (Yahshua/Jesus) like you from among their brothers, and I will put My words in His mouth, and He will tell them everything I command Him. Whoever will not listen to My words, which He speaks in My Name, I will judge him for it.”

2 John 1:9-11, “Everyone who is transgressing and not staying in the teaching of Messiah does not possess YHWH The one who stays in the teaching of Messiah possesses both the Father and the Son. If anyone comes to you and does not bring this teaching, do not receive him into your house nor greet him, for he who greets him shares in his wicked works.”

You asked.........."Should there be an emphasis on the Messiah's words"?

Colossians 1:16-17........
"For by him (Christ) all things were created, in heaven and on earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones or dominions or rulers or authorities—all things were created through him and for him. 17 And he is before all things, and in him all things hold together. "

Colossians 2:9 ..............
" For in him (Christ) the whole fullness of deity dwells bodily,"

So to answer your question, YES! The Bible was written by Jesus Christ as He gave the words to men to write, and HE is the central figure and everything in the Bible is centered in Him.

The Godhead is the essence of the Divine Being; the Godhead is the one and only Deity. Jesus, the incarnate Godhead, entered our world and showed us exactly who God is: John 1:18........
“No one has ever seen God, but the one and only Son, who is himself God and is in closest relationship with the Father, has made him known”.

What Jesus Christ said and did is what God said and did.

Hello Shamawh;

Thank you for sharing "Should there be an emphasis on the Messiah's words?"

Your reply was, "I believe so and here are some verses showing why I think this way," then providing Scripture to support your faith.

May I ask a question. In your own words, how would you witness what you wrote to someone who doesn't know Christ and needs to hear the gospel?

God bless you, Shamawh, and your family.

Hi Shamawh

Without denying or taking issue with anything said by other here, I would like to respond with:

Emphasis compared to what?

If it is the words of others, like Gandhi or a preacher that speaks in meaningful ways then I say YES! YES! YES!

If it is whether the Sermon on the Mount (Matt 5 thru Matt 7) should be taken to heart more than Paul's Epistle to the Romans, no.

Remember what Paul wrote to Timothy:

16 All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness:
17 That the man of God may be perfect, thoroughly furnished unto all good works.
2 Timothy 3:16-17

In a very general way. with many exceptions, I find the Old Testament as pointing toward Christ, Gospels teaching more about Christ's origin (John 1) and practical encouragement to God's common people. The Epistles provide more theology and application of theology.

The Bible is structured by the Authors design and however I personally find a given section applicable, it is a mistake to value one aspect of that design and content over another.

I believe it’s relative too. My bible emphasises Christ’s words in red compared to other black text.

But I wouldn’t say I’m a good driver if the Paul said don’t drive.
Sorry about the the analogy but I’m a learner driver lol

Matthew 7:12-14, “Therefore, whatever you wish men to do to you, do also to them, for this is the Torah and the Prophets. Enter in through the narrow gate! Because the gate is wide – and the way is broad – that leads to destruction, and there are many who enter in through it. Because the gate is narrow and the way is hard pressed which leads to life, and there are few who find it.”

Psalms 118:19-22, “Open to me the gates of righteousness; I enter through them, I thank Yah. This is the gate of יהוה, The righteous enter through it. I thank You, For You have answered me, And have become my salvation. The stone which the builders rejected Has become the chief corner-stone.”

John/Yahanan 14:6, “Yahshua proclaimed to him: I am the way, the truth, and the life; no man comes to the Father, except through Me.”

John 10:9, “I am the door. Whoever enters through Me, he shall be saved, and shall go in and shall go out and find pasture.”

“door” is word #2374 - thura: a door, Original Word: θύρα, ας, ἡ, Part of Speech: Noun, Feminine, Transliteration: thura, Phonetic Spelling: (thoo'-rah), Short Definition: a door, opportunity, Definition: (a) a door, (b) met: an opportunity.

John 10:1-9, " 1 “Truly, truly, I say to you, he who does not enter through the door into the sheepfold, but climbs up by another way, that one is a thief and a robber. 2 “But he who enters through the door is the shepherd of the sheep. 3 “The doorkeeper opens for him, and the sheep hear his voice. And he calls his own sheep by name and leads them out. 4 “And when he has brought out his own sheep, he goes before them. And the sheep follow him, because they know his voice. 5 “And they shall by no means follow a stranger, but shall flee from him, because they do not know the voice of strangers.” 6 יהושע used this figure of speech, but they did not know what He had been saying to them. 7 יהושע therefore said to them again, “Truly, truly, I say to you, I am the door of the sheep. 8 “All who came before Me are thieves and robbers, but the sheep did not hear them. 9 “I am the door. Whoever enters through Me, he shall be saved, and shall go in and shall go out and find pasture.”

Mat 7:13-14, “Enter in through the narrow gate! Because the gate is wide – and the way is broad – that leads to destruction, and there are many who enter in through it. Because the gate is narrow and the way is hard pressed which leads to life, and there are few who find it.”

“gate” is word # 4439 - pulé: a gate, Original Word: πύλη, ης, ἡ, Part of Speech: Noun, Feminine, Transliteration: pulé, Phonetic Spelling: (poo'-lay), Short Definition: a door, gate, Definition: a gate.

Yahshua is the door, the only way to the Father. His teachings are the gate/path, the doctrine by all men will be judged..

Not in any way to dispute or debate, but I just noticed that your comment in post #1 was............
"Yahshua is the door, the only way to the Father. His teachings are the gate/path, the doctrine by all men will be judged.. "

I think that most everyone here will agree that it is NOT the teachings of Christ or His doctrine that saved us.

It is not by the door that we are saved.

It is not by the gate that we are saved.

It is not even by the Cross that we are saved.

IT is Christ who saves us.

By HIs death, burial and resurrection we are able to make a choice to believe in Him that by what He has done for us, we can be saved from the judgment that comes to all men. Accepting Christ as our Saviour TODAY means that we will not be judged for our sins as will the lost humans who will be judged. As A believer in Christ, our sins have already been paid for by Christ and we can stand before God and be declared "Not Guilty"!!!!!!!!

May I say to all reading this that the basis of God's judgment will our their relationship to Christ.

John 3:18-19 says.............
"Those who believe in Him are not condemned; but those who do not believe are condemned already, because they have not believed in the name of the only Son of God. And this is the judgment, that the light has come into the world, and people loved darkness rather than light because their deeds were evil".

The Bible then tells us clearly that Grace Though Faith is the plan of God.

Salvation, therefore, is not a matter of what we do, but is instead based upon what Christ has done for us.

Ephesians 2:8-9..........
"For by grace you have are saved through faith, and this is not your own doing; it is the gift of God - not the result of works, so that no one may boast".

He saved us, not because of any works of righteousness that we had done, but according to His mercy, through the shed blood of a perfect sacrifice who was Christ the Lord, and renewal by the Holy Spirit.

I think having Christ's words in red helps with reading the Bible.

I have seen some Bibles that are rainbow colour printed but I don't think they ever took off. And then there are the colour-in Bibles.

There's also, for children, the Jesus story book Bible, apparently a very good adaption to read out loud.
Which reminds me, I really must check out the children's versions in my library but I confess I just tend to stick with the KJV.

Some people think its narrow to just only read one version but I think it helps to know one trusted version really well than two know 20 different versions in a shallow way.

I was having a debate with a rabbi, he said the scriptures between Jews, and Christians are different, i asked him how. He did not answer. The conversation stopped at that point. I believe the bible and Jewish scriptures ate the same, even the wording is similar, although Jewish words can have different meanings to English wording.

The point being, Jesus is the messiah and the awaited one for all time. Abraham must have seen Jesus with the two angels and spoke to him on sparing Sodom and Gomorrah. No one can see God and live, the holy spirit never takes on human form, and the father is extremely powerful that even when Israel looked at him from far away, they were afraid. Moses spoke to the father, but i believe Abraham spoke to Jesus, and so did Jacob. (Wrestled with Jesus)

I was having a debate with a rabbi, he said the scriptures between Jews, and Christians are different, i asked him how. He did not answer. The conversation stopped at that point. I believe the bible and Jewish scriptures ate the same, even the wording is similar, although Jewish words can have different meanings to English wording.

The point being, Jesus is the messiah and the awaited one for all time. Abraham must have seen Jesus with the two angels and spoke to him on sparing Sodom and Gomorrah. No one can see God and live, the holy spirit never takes on human form, and the father is extremely powerful that even when Israel looked at him from far away, they were afraid. Moses spoke to the father, but i believe Abraham spoke to Jesus, and so did Jacob. (Wrestled with Jesus)

Hello Prycejosh1987;

It could be the rabbi didn't know how to answer by simply not replying, thus ending the debate. Or, by being silent it may have been the right thing to do so he could think about what you proclaimed regarding the Word.

If the rabbi was referring to the Torah, (the Pentateuch, the First Five Books of Moses of the Hebrew Bible, the Law) the titles can be confusing, but yes, these all signify the same teachings of the Old Testament.

As a man of God I also had discussions which led to debates of the Old and New Testaments, and many times the Lord would humble me, literally responding with, "I have to go back and re-read the Scriptures and will get back to you." The fact is, I didn't know a certain Scripture and more times I would be blessed learning something from my brother or sister who was correct regarding the Scriptures. Now I have the benefit of gained knowledge of the Bible.

We're all disciples for life. There are many seasoned and learned students of the Bible, but nobody will master the Bible in a lifetime.

Therefore, when brothers and sisters discuss the Bible there will be disagreements with how we read and understand the Scriptures. Debate can be healthy but whats more important, can we discuss it, will we gain more knowledge from one another and most important, will it strengthen the bond in our relationship from the Word?

Its a win win situation when we can follow this discipline, the Lord is present in everything we do for His glory.

My prayer is the rabbi may have given more thought of what you asked him. I hope you both will cross paths again and continue the discussion, you both may not fully agree but arrive at a better understanding of God's revealed teaching and guidance of our Walk with Him.

God bless you, Prycejosh1987, and your family.

Back