Show us your home!

I am not sure of this, but I think violet used to a royal color a long time back. Violet robes were worn by kings and very rich people. :)

Thank you, Believer~

HaHa, Jeff~
I love purple and always have.
Actually, quoted fom a song......

"....I'm a child of the king~
His royal blood now flows through my veins
and I who was wretched and blind
now can see
Praise God, Praise God, I'm a child of the king!"

Awwww.... the little kitty on the couch fits perfectly into that living room. :) It reminds me of those staged photos that people take for decorator magazine where they strategically place a dog or cat in the picture. You have a nice home, Violet.

I haven't taken any pics of my new place. We only moved to this apartment less than a year ago.

Shot at 2007-07-09
Shot with
One shot
There sure is a lot of shooting at Violets house-:DLOL!;)

Ha Ha, Bro. Larry~ Just alot of violet!

Wow, I thought I wrote that when I saw the purple text! LOL!

Do you enjoy decorating, BookWorm?

Yes, I do. It has a very comfortable feel. Purple/ lavender to me is always a very soothing and tranquil color. I was admiring the paint on the media room.... was that done with a ragging technique? I always like when rooms are painted with rich colors like you have in your living room. I tried to convince my mom to paint her living room a deep burgundy, but she refused because she didn't want to freak my dad out. :p I bet I would enjoy your rooms more if I were in them, because I am a very tactile person. :eek: I want to feel your couch, and touch your purple lamp, and all your curtains. :eek: I am one of those people who walks through stores with my hands out touching everything-- even furniture stores. I have to feel the wood, and feel the fabrics, and feel the metals. (Okay, now I am embarrassing myself.) :p I like smell also. Leather, old books, potpourri, etc.

Yes, I do. It has a very comfortable feel. Purple/ lavender to me is always a very soothing and tranquil color. I was admiring the paint on the media room.... was that done with a ragging technique? I always like when rooms are painted with rich colors like you have in your living room. I tried to convince my mom to paint her living room a deep burgundy, but she refused because she didn't want to freak my dad out. :p I bet I would enjoy your rooms more if I were in them, because I am a very tactile person. :eek: I want to feel your couch, and touch your purple lamp, and all your curtains. :eek: I am one of those people who walks through stores with my hands out touching everything-- even furniture stores. I have to feel the wood, and feel the fabrics, and feel the metals. (Okay, now I am embarrassing myself.) :p I like smell also. Leather, old books, potpourri, etc.

Yes, we ragged the walls with 2 colors of purple. The first coat we put on with really big paint strokes and next used rags.
I always stuck to pastel colors but the deeper colors really warm up a room!
I am like that too~I love to feel fabrics and such.....and I love antiques~

Back