Similarities

Dusty

Inactive
Similarities

Similarities

My observations : “ 3’s”

When Jesus was on the cross there was 3 Hours of darkness from noon till 3 PM .

There were three days of darkness in Egypt before the Passover ( exodus 10: 21 -23)

And there were three hours of darkness before the Lamb of God died for the sins of the world

Three miracles took place.

1….. The veil of the temple was torn in two from top to bottom

2…. An earthquake opened many graves and some of the saints arose.

3…. There was no need for temples, priests , alters or sacrifices .

And the other ‘ 3 “ I can think is that Jesus rose in three days …

Hallelujah --- Up from the grave He arose . A mighty victor for His foes.

Oh .... There were three hung on crosses that day .

Something that puzzled me , while I think about it . How come the soldiers drew lots for Jesus clothes but not for the thieves clothes ?

Similarities

My observations : “ 3’s”

When Jesus was on the cross there was 3 Hours of darkness from noon till 3 PM .

There were three days of darkness in Egypt before the Passover ( exodus 10: 21 -23)

And there were three hours of darkness before the Lamb of God died for the sins of the world

Three miracles took place.

1….. The veil of the temple was torn in two from top to bottom

2…. An earthquake opened many graves and some of the saints arose.

3…. There was no need for temples, priests , alters or sacrifices .

And the other ‘ 3 “ I can think is that Jesus rose in three days …

Hallelujah --- Up from the grave He arose . A mighty victor for His foes.
Cool! Thanks for showing that to us!

And my Pastor said that if God wants you to do something, he'll confirm it three times as well. Which I thought was interesting. With Joseph (the one with the colorful robe), remember he had a dream that everyone was going to bow to him? And as I continued reading in Genesis, it happened three times...later on, of course. When JOseph was in Egypt (I think? I may be wrong!) and his brothers came because of the famine, they bowed down to him 3 times. If that makes sense. Ha.

Something that puzzled me , while I think about it . How come the soldiers drew lots for Jesus clothes but not for the thieves clothes ?

It had no seams so was an expensive garment. No one is going to gamble their money away for something that is not worth anything, but something of great value. Jesus was a Jewish Rabbi.

[John 1:38 ''...They said unto him, Rabbi...''
John 3:2 "..said unto him, Rabbi..."
John 3:26 "...said unto him, Rabbi...''
John 6:25 ''...said unto him, Rabbi...'' ]

But many of the other leaders were jealous because He did miracles, the people loved Him, and He didn't go along with religious tradition, but the truth. So they did not believe or receive Him. One, named Nicodemus, did come to Him at night secretly, so the others would not know it

Gen 11:6 The Lord said, "Behold, they are one people, and they all have the same language. And this is what they began to do, and now nothing which they purpose to do will be impossible for them.

Acts 2:6 And when this sound occurred, the crowd came together, and were bewildered because each one of them was hearing them speak in his own language.

Act 2:12... "What does this mean?"

Have you were noticed how many time 40 is in the Bible? I don't think it's an accident. I think numbers mean something to the Lord.
Also the #12

Have you were noticed how many time 40 is in the Bible? I don't think it's an accident. I think numbers mean something to the Lord.
Also the #12

40 is a perfect number in the bible. Just like 7, 12 and 3. The Bible is a book of numbers. There is wisdom in it, just like this:

Here is wisdom. Let him that hath understanding count the number of the beast...
Rev 13:18

Gen 11:6 The Lord said, "Behold, they are one people, and they all have the same language. And this is what they began to do, and now nothing which they purpose to do will be impossible for them.

Acts 2:6 And when this sound occurred, the crowd came together, and were bewildered because each one of them was hearing them speak in his own language.

Act 2:12... "What does this mean?"

Well done CBE :) You noticed it too. It's amazing that in Genesis God multiplied the languages of Man so they won't understand each other. But in Acts, God reversed it.

And there is wisdom in it too.

God wanted people at time of Genesis to:

And God blessed them, and God said unto them, Be fruitful, and multiply, and replenish the earth, and subdue it:

God wanted Adam and Eve to multiply and scatter all over the earth. But they didn't do that at the time of the tower of Babel. So in order for them to do that, God had to confuse them so they won't stay in one place.

At the time of the Pentecost, since there are already a lot of people on the earth, and since he wants them to understand His words, God made that miracle so they would understand what the Aposles were saying.

Cool! Thanks for showing that to us!

And my Pastor said that if God wants you to do something, he'll confirm it three times as well. Which I thought was interesting. With Joseph (the one with the colorful robe), remember he had a dream that everyone was going to bow to him? And as I continued reading in Genesis, it happened three times...later on, of course. When JOseph was in Egypt (I think? I may be wrong!) and his brothers came because of the famine, they bowed down to him 3 times. If that makes sense. Ha.

Hey , keep the ball rolling .... that's a good observation Spinning .... Keep digging guys .... and me too.

Oh I got another one .... Peter denied Christ three times .

You all can comment on the other numbers as well .

It had no seams so was an expensive garment. No one is going to gamble their money away for something that is not worth anything, but something of great value. Jesus was a Jewish Rabbi.

[John 1:38 ''...They said unto him, Rabbi...''
John 3:2 "..said unto him, Rabbi..."
John 3:26 "...said unto him, Rabbi...''
John 6:25 ''...said unto him, Rabbi...'' ]

But many of the other leaders were jealous because He did miracles, the people loved Him, and He didn't go along with religious tradition, but the truth. So they did not believe or receive Him. One, named Nicodemus, did come to Him at night secretly, so the others would not know it

Excellent GodSpeaks ..... thanks . I never knew that.

Doing some research on Bible numbers , I found : Certain nunbers had special meaning in the ancient world and to the writers of the Bible . The number three meant completeness or totality . Many ancient religions considered three a divine number .

Now am thinking' Divine of course ".... Father , Son and Holy Spirit.

More threes :

Three men visited Abraham at Mamre ..... Gen. 18:1-15

Three annual pilgimage festivals ..... unleaven Bread , Harvest , Tabernacles ...... Exodus 23: 14-19

More threes

Jonah was in the belly of the Whale for three days and three nights.

Matthew 12:40
For as Jonas was three days and three nights in the whale's belly; so shall the Son of man be three days and three nights in the heart of the earth.

John 2:19
Jesus answered and said unto them, Destroy this temple, and in three days I will raise it up.

Matthew 12:40
For as Jonas was three days and three nights in the whale's belly; so shall the Son of man be three days and three nights in the heart of the earth.

John 2:19
Jesus answered and said unto them, Destroy this temple, and in three days I will raise it up.

Amen GodSpeaks .... Thanks

Noah had three sons: Shem, Ham and Japheth.

Matthew 18:20
For where two or three come together in my name, there am I with them."

1 Corinthians 13:13
And now these three remain: faith, hope and love. But the greatest of these is love

2 Corinthians 11:25
Three times I was beaten with rods, once I was stoned, three times I was shipwrecked, I spent a night and a day in the open sea,

Hebrews 11:23
By faith Moses' parents hid him for three months after he was born, because they saw he was no ordinary child, and they were not afraid of the king's edict.

1 John 5:8
the Spirit, the water and the blood; and the three are in agreement.

Well done CBE :) You noticed it too. It's amazing that in Genesis God multiplied the languages of Man so they won't understand each other. But in Acts, God reversed it.

And there is wisdom in it too.

God wanted people at time of Genesis to:

And God blessed them, and God said unto them, Be fruitful, and multiply, and replenish the earth, and subdue it:

God wanted Adam and Eve to multiply and scatter all over the earth. But they didn't do that at the time of the tower of Babel. So in order for them to do that, God had to confuse them so they won't stay in one place.

At the time of the Pentecost, since there are already a lot of people on the earth, and since he wants them to understand His words, God made that miracle so they would understand what the Aposles were saying.

"he want them to understand His words"

This coming together speaking one language, makes all things possible. And now that all devote believers can all come together and each hear the Lord in their own language nothing is impossible for us. We even have a tower to heaven, spiritually speaking.

"he want them to understand His words"

This coming together speaking one language, makes all things possible. And now that all devote believers can all come together and each hear the Lord in their own language nothing is impossible for us.
Hey quite reading my mind. Thats not allowed :D LOL

Back