Simple Thoughts On Promises

Simple Thoughts On Promises- 35

My soul will be satisfied as with the richest of foods; with singing lips my mouth will praise you. (Psalm 63:5)

Have you been feeding your soul as much as you have been feeding your body? It's vital because God says, "Man does not live on bread alone, but on every word that comes from the mouth of God."While wordly pursuits bring only temporary satisfaction, feeding your soul with spiritual food will bring lasting satisfaction. Time for a new decision??

Simple Thoughts On Promises- 36

He raises the poor from the dust and lifts the needy from the ash heap; he seats them with princes, with the princes of their people. (Psalms 113:7,8)

If you can't believe this verse, open your Bible and read about Joseph, Job, Mordecai, David and many others and you will see that it's true. It's no big deal for the Lord to change your financial situation if you are in dire straits. The Bible says, "If you believe, you will see the glory of God."

Simple Thoughts On Promises- 37

He will cover you with his feathers, and under his wings you will find refuge; his faithfulness will be your shield and rampart. You will not fear the terror of night, nor the arrow that flies by day, nor the pestilence that stalks in the darkness, nor the plague that destroys at midday. (Psalm 91:4-6)

Guarenteed protection 24/7 if you choose to be under his wings. His faithfulness will be your shield. Stay in close fellowship with him, hearing his voice and obeying it. Dwell in the shelter of the Most High and you can rest in his shadow day after day in this sojourn of yours on earth.

Simple Thoughts On Promises- 38

For he will deliver the needy who cry out, the afflicted who have no one to help. He will take pity on the weak and the needy and save the needy from death. (Psalm 72:12,13)

Cry out to God in your distress. He is mighty to save. He is your deliverer. He has compassion on you. He will not despise nor forsake. He who did not spare his own Son, but gave him up for us all—how will he not also, along with him, graciously give us all things?

Simple Thoughts On Promises- 39

Those who sow in tears will reap with songs of joy. He who goes out weeping, carrying seed to sow, will return with songs of joy, carrying sheaves with him. (Psalm 126:5,6)

The tears that you shed in the presence of the Lord will never go unanswered. The Lord's timing is right and he will reward you in due time.

Simple Thoughts On Promises- 39

Those who sow in tears will reap with songs of joy. He who goes out weeping, carrying seed to sow, will return with songs of joy, carrying sheaves with him. (Psalm 126:5,6)

The tears that you shed in the presence of the Lord will never go unanswered. The Lord's timing is right and he will reward you in due time.

A big amen to that!:)

Simple Thoughts On Promises- 40

As a father has compassion on his children, so the Lord has compassion on those who fear him. (Psalm 103:13)

Though the mountains be shaken and the hills be removed, yet God's unfailing love for you will not be shaken nor his covenant of peace be removed from you because he has compassion on you.

Simple Thoughts On Promises- 41

"Because he loves me," says the LORD, "I will rescue him; I will protect him, for he acknowledges my name. (Psalm 91:14)

That's the Lord's decision because of your love for him. Even before you fall into a problem, the Lord has planned the escape for you. The Ishmaelites were already on their way when Joseph was thrown into the pit by his brothers. God's destination for Joseph was Egypt and he had everything planned beforehand. No coincidences.

Simple Thoughts On Promises- 42

He heals the brokenhearted and binds up their wounds. (Psalm 147:3)

It doesn't take much for some of us to get hurt. An unkind word, an unkind look from someone we love is enough. Yet there is someone who can heal and bind up our wounds. He is the Prince of Peace, our Savior, unchanging now and forever. Let's trust in him.

Simple Thoughts On Promises- 43

He gives strength to the weary and increases the power of the weak. Even youths grow tired and weary, and young men stumble and fall; but those who hope in the LORD will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint. (Isaiah 40:29-31)

You may be weary and weak, burdened by many things this day; yet, if your hope is in the Lord, he will renew your strength. You will soar on wings like eagles, because the one who said, "I am the resurrection and the life" still lives and is working on your behalf.

Simple Thoughts On Promises- 44

I will listen to what God the LORD will say; he promises peace to his people, his saints - but let them not return to folly. (Psalm 85:8)

Peace is promised for the people of God as long as they stand firm in the Word of God. Even when the world is in turmoil, God gives his children the "peace that passeth all understanding."Jesus is the "Prince of Peace", your peace giver.

Php 4:6 Be careful for nothing; but in every thing by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known unto God.
Php 4:7 And the peace of God, which passeth all understanding, shall keep your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus.
Php 4:8 Finally, brethren, whatsoever things are true, whatsoever things are honest, whatsoever things are just, whatsoever things are pure, whatsoever things are lovely, whatsoever things are of good report; if there be any virtue, and if there be any praise, think on these things.
Php 4:9 Those things, which ye have both learned, and received, and heard, and seen in me, do: and the God of peace shall be with you.

:D:D:D

Simple Thoughts On Promises- 45

God is not a man, that he should lie, nor a son of man, that he should change his mind. Does he speak and then not act? Does he promise and not fulfill? (Numbers 23:19)

Has the Lord promised you something? Perhaps he has spoken to you several times regarding the same thing but it has not yet happened. Do not worry, the Lord is faithful. He will fulfill it very soon. Be strong and courageous.

Simple Thoughts On Promises- 46
For physical training is of some value, but godliness has value for all things, holding promise for both the present life and the life to come. (1 Timothy 4:8)

Godliness in one sense means having the same qualities of God. But how can mortal man acheive that? Is it possible? Yet, that is what holds promise for you and me for both the present life and the life to come. The Bible says, "His divine power has given us everything we need for life and godliness through our knowledge of him who called us by his own glory and goodness. (2 Peter 1:3)

Simple Thoughts On Promises- 47
"Do not be amazed at this, for a time is coming when all who are in their graves will hear his voice and come out - those who have done good will rise to live, and those who have done evil will rise to be condemned." (John 5:28, 29)

Will be you there in the "Resurrection to everlasting life"? God gives everyone an oppurtunity to know and seek him and to live for him. The Bible says, "Blessed and holy are those who have part in the first resurrection. The second death has no power over them, but they will be priests of God and of Christ and will reign with him for a thousand years." (Revelation 20:6)

Will be you there in the "Resurrection to everlasting life"? God gives everyone an oppurtunity to know and seek him and to live for him.

Yes I will be there by the grace of my God and the imputed righteousness of Christ I will stand!!!
The main reason I wanted to post here was not to share that but to thank you for the blessings you have imparted to us through these daily words my friend!
Much love in Christ,
your brother (or bother:p) Larry.

Yes I will be there by the grace of my God and the imputed righteousness of Christ I will stand!!!
The main reason I wanted to post here was not to share that but to thank you for the blessings you have imparted to us through these daily words my friend!
Much love in Christ,
your brother (or bother:p) Larry.

All the best brother. If we don't meet here on earth, we can meet "there" for I too can say as you said......

:amen:

Simple Thoughts On Promises- 48

By faith Abraham, even though he was past age - and Sarah herself was barren - was enabled to become a father because he considered him faithful who had made the promise. (Hebrews 11:11)

Like Abraham, consider him faithful who has made the promise to you. The Lord has promised, "I will never leave you, nor forsake you." He is our unchanging God. Cast away all your doubts. Jesus loves you with an everlasting love.

Simple Thoughts On Promises- 49

But in keeping with his promise we are looking forward to a new heaven and a new earth, the home of righteousness. (2 Peter 3:13)

So what are you looking forward to? Migration to another country. Good if it's the Lord's will for you and family. Something better coming too if your spiritual eyes are open and your are in sync with the Lord and his Word. A new heaven and a new earth, the home of righteousness. God bless.

Simple Thoughts On Promises- 50

Be strong and take heart, all you who hope in the LORD. (Psalm 31:24)

Are you feeling downcast today? Sick and tired of this thing called "life"? Nothing unusual, it happens to most of us. Sometimes Christian life is like a clock's pendulum with faith swinging to and fro; but you must hang in there, remembering the words of the Lord," And surely I am with you always, to the very end of the age." (Matthew 28:20)

Back