Sinéad O'Connor Dead at 56

She was different. The news has not addressed it, but I would not be surprised if she took her own life. She died 18 months after her son took his life.

She took a great deal of heat for tearing up a picture of the Pope and, later on, for converting to Islam. I great voice, but I suspect her daemons got the better of her.

I didn't know that. I think catholicism have a lot in common with Islam in some respects.
Being a "famous" public figure is something I would never want. Yes, they make lots of money, but they give up any type of privacy and are constantly under surveillance. I do not believe the tradeoff is worth it.

Rtm

I was reading a bio of Dusty Springfield and it mentioned Sinead O Connor - seems to imply she was also LBTQ
Both singers were Irish

Anytime a woman shaves her hair off people suspect but I wondered since when has long hair been the exclusive domain of femininity?

but I wondered since when has long hair been the exclusive domain of femininity?
Good question, from biblical times and earlier it seems.

1 Corinthians 11:14-15
14 Doth not even nature itself teach you, that, if a man have long hair, it is a shame unto him?
15 But if a woman have long hair, it is a glory to her: for her hair is given her for a covering.

Apparently this dates back to before the ancient Greeks and Romans according to archaeologists. Additionally, it is “almost universally culturally found that women have longer hair than men,” says Kurt Stenn, author of, “Hair: a Human History.”

Back