Sin and the Sting of Death

Sin and the Sting of Death

1 John 3:16) For all that is in the world, the lust of the flesh, and the lust of the eyes, and the pride of life, is not of the Father, but is of the world.

1 John 3:17) And the world passeth away, and the lust thereof: but he that doth the will of God abideth for ever

O how in this Life we tend to become sidetracked from what is important. To live to do the will of God which is to “Abstain from all appearance of evil” and to “keep his commandments”. Isn’t this our purpose for living, why we exist, to obey God?
the world passeth away, and the lust thereof - We must always keep in mind that the elements of this world will fade away. That includes the corruption and the sinfulness of it. When the Lord comes in the array righteousness, the ungodly, the unrighteous, and the sinner will be put away for good. Now how can we ever just standby, sitting, letting time pass by day after day, yet not reach for God, seeking him with our whole heart? Nothing less is acceptable. Half-heartedness is reason why many confessing Christians are lukewarm status, characterized by the resistance to leave and abandon completely the sinful nature. This choice by default makes them friends with the world. A deadly error, a spiritual sleep, and a slow death. Isn’t the “Sting of death” sin? When a person dies in there sin, they are separated from God forever. If you live in it, you die in it. “The soul that sinneth, it shall die”, “he that commeth sin is of the devil”, “for if we sin willfully after that we have received the knowledge of the truth, there remaineth no more sacrifice for sins”. Put it together, presumptuous sin was never meant to dictate of lives.

If it did, we would be no better then unbelievers. Face facts, an unbeliever may want to better their behavior just like we do, except they don’t lean to God at all in their life, but we need to as Christians, not just make a stand against some of the sin in our lives, but all of it, virtually by the grace of God wiping out presumptuous sin from our lives. “by the word of truth” and nothing less, despite what many say. Patronization is a dangerous thing, especially when dealing with the word of God. People err because they water down or accept the watered down truth, and never make the connection between the old and new testaments, realizing that God has not changed, neither has his expectations of us as far as turning away from evil goes. The same God forevermore, against iniquity, transgression, and sin. But how costly of an error it is. People Don’t want to face reality, but one way or another, the truth or the realization of it will come. The question is before or after it is too late. The Lord is against iniquity in all its ways and forms, there is no in-between when God said ”turn from all his sin”. Yea, we may stumble or even slip, but by all means, the way we view sin and our perspective on it has to change to revolt against it, hate it, and abandon it in our lives if we want to be successful and live a life pleasing to God. How many times in psalms does it tell us of what happens to the transgressor, or the worker of iniquity, or the sinner in his wickedness? It’s time to wake up because the reality is here, now, and not later.

Jesus said If you would gain eternal life, "Keep the Commandments."
The Bible also says breaking The Commandments is Sin.
Sinners will not be in the Kingdom of God.

see to it however you don't drink the poison of your own righteousness

Philippians 3:2 Bible Commentary

Galatians 3

Romans 3

If you're living in sin you probably need to ask yourself if you're saved, and if you're a legalist seeking to be justified by the law and not through faith in Christ alone, you need to ask yourself the same thing. Seek to enter by the narrow gate. How can one's righteousness surpass that of the Pharisees (the most outwardly righteous people known back then) by being born again, except that a man be born of the Spirit, he shall not see the kingdom of Heaven. He puts a new heart within, He gives us faith, do we have ears to hear? [Rev 3:20] What is the eveidence a person is saved? Have they been given a measure of faith from The Author and Perfector? Do they keep the commands of God? Those who love Him will obey Him. How can man love God? This is love, not that we loved God, but that He sent His Son to be the propitiation for our sins. Who is the one that is of the devil? The one who sins. Repentance is a continual turning from sin and to Christ, believers better stay away from sin, it is far worse for a believer to sin than a non-believer. But Christ's victory on the cross will not be in vain. He died for His sheep, and paid the price of their sin in full. We will each be rewarded for what we have done in this life, however, (if the work burns up we will suffer a loss.) and we will all give Him an accounting. Why do children of God repent, and seek forgiveness for their sins? Because if they have the Holy Spirit, they will be convicted and seek forgiveness.

"And I will give them one heart, and put a new spirit within them. And I will take the heart of stone out of their flesh and give them a heart of flesh, that they may walk in My statutes and keep My ordinances and do them. Then they will be My people, and I shall be their God." Ezek 11:19-20

Jesus answered, "Truly, truly, I say to you, unless one is born of water and the Spirit he cannot enter into the kingdom of God." John 3:5

John 6:35-51

Eph 2:8-9

1 John 2:1

1 John 5:16-17

The sin leading to death is a total apostasy, a complete willful rejection of Christ, the only sacrafice provided for sins. However, God does not lose any of His sheep, He is the good shepherd, He leaves the 99 and finds the one, He tells His fallen people to be earnest and repent, Rev. 2-3, and He is the One who grants repentance Acts 5:31, Luke 24:47

If one decides Jesus Christ is not worthy to be your Lord and savior, and rejects Him, there no longer remains the sacrafice for sins, as only Jesus Christ has paid the penalty. His sheep hear and follow and will not be lost, but have been found, only the son of perdition (Judas) was lost, in order to fulfill scricptures. Paul said not to pray for the one who left and 'comitted the sin unto death,' because that one never belonged, as evidenced by their departure.

Good verses to chew on .... Copper ...
1 John 3:16) For all that is in the world, the lust of the flesh, and the lust of the eyes, and the pride of life, is not of the Father, but is of the world.

1 John 3:17) And the world passeth away, and the lust thereof: but he that doth the will of God abideth for ever

Satan would have us take our eyes off of Christ because of all the pleasures that he offers in the world but before I became a Christian , I thought all these were fun .... but you know what they only lasted for a season and satan has people so bound and caught up inthe world .

Love not the things of the world for if you do the love of the Father is not in you.

We are of the world but not in the world and are just pilgrims passing through .

I turned away from the sinful life for the greater part less than a year ago but I cannot say I am a sin free person. I have been tempted with sinful thoughts within the past few months but I am trying to get my mind away from the earth's way of life and focus more on how God wants me to live. All I can say is when Satan has you down, he will keep you there for as long as he can. I really think Satan does whatever he can to please the flesh and tear down the relationship with God.

Excellent post

I too have difficulty suffocating the old nature. Its a lie to think it can be removed completely, its will remain there as long as we are in the flesh. The new nature, which is of God is what we need to dwell in.
I don't know how else to put it, but it sounds easier than it really is.

I pray everyday for a renewing of the mind, that i may grow in faith, but at least for me there are constant stumbling blocks in my life attempting to bring me under.

It's one thing to have knowledge, its another to apply it to living. Just gotta keep telling myself God's grace is sufficient, and he is the one whom i put my trust in....

see to it however you don't drink the poison of your own righteousness

Philippians 3:2 Bible Commentary

Galatians 3

Romans 3

If you're living in sin you probably need to ask yourself if you're saved, and if you're a legalist seeking to be justified by the law and not through faith in Christ alone, you need to ask yourself the same thing. Seek to enter by the narrow gate. How can one's righteousness surpass that of the Pharisees (the most outwardly righteous people known back then) by being born again, except that a man be born of the Spirit, he shall not see the kingdom of Heaven. He puts a new heart within, He gives us faith, do we have ears to hear? [Rev 3:20] What is the eveidence a person is saved? Have they been given a measure of faith from The Author and Perfector? Do they keep the commands of God? Those who love Him will obey Him. How can man love God? This is love, not that we loved God, but that He sent His Son to be the propitiation for our sins. Who is the one that is of the devil? The one who sins. Repentance is a continual turning from sin and to Christ, believers better stay away from sin, it is far worse for a believer to sin than a non-believer. But Christ's victory on the cross will not be in vain. He died for His sheep, and paid the price of their sin in full. We will each be rewarded for what we have done in this life, however, (if the work burns up we will suffer a loss.) and we will all give Him an accounting. Why do children of God repent, and seek forgiveness for their sins? Because if they have the Holy Spirit, they will be convicted and seek forgiveness.

Amen my friend. If anyone of us had to stand in their own righteousness none would enter His presence except in judgment.

"No one can come to Me unless the Father who sent Me draws him; and I will raise him up on the last day." John 6:44

Praise Him forever, for choosing to save us and keep us in His name, our souls rest secure in His hand.

Back