Sin

I dont think God grades sin as such, but the Bible does speak about some sin having more serious implications.
For example a sin that hurts someone else will have more of an impact than say telling a half truth to save someones feelings.
Having an abortion takes the life of another person, and the fruit of that sin isnt something that can be ever truly shaken off, we have to live with the knowledge of what we have done, even though we are forgiven if we accept Christ.
All sin seperates us from God, but some sin affects or impacts our life to a greater degree.

This is Because I can allways count on Violet to be Cheery, even when looking for the Cheery side of tiny sins, like little white lies:rolleyes:

And, if one is saved, then I believe their are degrees of sin, but only if saved.:)

After All Our Dear heavenly Father, has to know if we need to be grounded or not.:confused:

I bet there is a special category for some of My posts:eek:

But at other times, I think I do well in saying, Our Glorius And Precious Passover Lamb Without Spot or Blemish, had to be Offerd up for us, because none of us are without sin, or worthy in any way for Heaven, if it were not for our Glorious Lord And Savior, the Lord Jesus Christ, Amen.:bible:

The measure of any sin is the shed blood of Christ.

The most important commandment? To love God with all your might. Second, to love one another.

The worst sin? Taking the Lord's name in vain...

But Christ Jesus, when I accept Him into my heart, forgives me; and he places these sins from me as far as east is from west.

I heard, though, on TV (I think it was during 700 Club) that God will never forgive those who take his name in vain...? That's scary.

So far as degrees of sins, I don't know. This is scary thinking about. :(

The one and only Worst sin is blasphemy against the Holy Spirit.

Matthew 12:31-32 Wherefore I say unto you, All manner of sin and blasphemy shall be forgiven unto men: but the blasphemy against the Holy Ghost shall not be forgiven unto men. And whosoever speaketh a word against the Son of man, it shall be forgiven him: but whosoever speaketh against the Holy Ghost, it shall not be forgiven him, neither in this world, neither in the world to come.

then you would condemn yourself and your own mind.very hard to know truth but hate it,then you will die.

Matthew 12:31-32 Wherefore I say unto you, All manner of sin and blasphemy shall be forgiven unto men: but the blasphemy against the Holy Ghost shall not be forgiven unto men. And whosoever speaketh a word against the Son of man, it shall be forgiven him: but whosoever speaketh against the Holy Ghost, it shall not be forgiven him, neither in this world, neither in the world to come.

Hi Violet,

A good question and thoughtful answer indeed.

Let us also consider the following:

“For whosoever shall keep the whole law, and yet offend in one point, he is guilty of all. … Now if thou commit no adultery, yet if thou kill, thou art become a transgressor of the law.” James 2:10, 11.

“The wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord.” Death then is the punishment of the wicked; and it will be eternal death, since the punishment is to be eternal. The wages of sin is not eternal life; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord. If “death” meant eternal life in misery or in any condition whatever, then the following scriptures have no meaning.

Thess. 1:9 says that the wicked shall be punished with everlasting destruction from the presence of the Lord, and from the glory of His power. The destruction comes from the presence of God. “A fire goeth before Him, and burneth up His enemies round about.” “As wax melteth before the fire, so let the wicked perish at the presence of God.” These texts clearly show what the punishment of the wicked will be.

Oh! We can be so thankful that Christ Jesus “hath redeemed us from the curse of the law, being made a curse for us: for it is written, Cursed is every one that hangeth on a tree: That the blessings of Abraham might come on the Gentiles through Jesus Christ: that we might receive the promise of the Spirit through faith.” Galatians 3:13, 14.

Blessings in Christ

This is Because I can allways count on Violet to be Cheery, even when looking for the Cheery side of tiny sins, like little white lies:rolleyes:

And, if one is saved, then I believe their are degrees of sin, but only if saved.:)

After All Our Dear heavenly Father, has to know if we need to be grounded or not.:confused:

I bet there is a special category for some of My posts:eek:

But at other times, I think I do well in saying, Our Glorius And Precious Passover Lamb Without Spot or Blemish, had to be Offerd up for us, because none of us are without sin, or worthy in any way for Heaven, if it were not for our Glorious Lord And Savior, the Lord Jesus Christ, Amen.:bible:

Bless you, Mike~:)

Your first paragraph made me laugh!

You are a good person~

speaking of the unforgivable sin, i heard that it is the unacceptance of Jesus Christ with so much sertanty that no future repentance will be done(you cant be forgiven if u dont repent) take in to account that it cant contridict other scripture eighter
at least thats wat i think

The sin of final rejection of Jesus Christ as your Saviour is the ultimate sin. God has set boundaries and once a person crosses the boundary of ultimate rejection of Jesus Christ, then he/she can not be redeemed.

If a redeemed person sins (and we all do), then we have sins that fall into various categories. The presumptuous sin is more offensive to God. Though God does look on all sin as sin. We are judged at the judgment according to how we have served God and how we have sinned if that sin is left unrepentant.

O.k. GG - that's enough preaching and spouting. But I just wanted to share a little from my heart. Once we are saved, we do still sin, but we have an advocate with the Father, Jesus Christ.

No. That is my believe. We are saved by the Grace of God through our Lord Jesus Christ. His atoning work is sufficient to cover all of our sins - past, present, and future. We do however need to ask forgiveness for each sin we commit after we are saved because that is how we remain in fellowship with God the Father. If truly saved (born again), we are not rejecting Jesus Christ.

Back