Singleness

I have companionship, in the house, but no romantic partner. On the one side, there's nothing I'd want more, but on the other side, there's a reason for it being the way it is. In the past I wasn't prepared or equipped for a meaningful relationship. Now though, I may not have the capacity to sustain a relationship, or at least, a 'traditional' relationship.

It is one of those things I have had to accept, and perhaps as Prim90 says, it draws us closer to God.

I agree. Wholeheartedly. I think it really depends on the circumstances involved. Romantic relationships/marriage is a financial, spiritual and in all other aspect responsibility. Some just don't have the means to be able to do. Some depend on health and disabilities as well - being a caregiver is a strain & challenge - Some people just can't make it work.

I have companionship, in the house, but no romantic partner. On the one side, there's nothing I'd want more, but on the other side, there's a reason for it being the way it is. In the past I wasn't prepared or equipped for a meaningful relationship. Now though, I may not have the capacity to sustain a relationship, or at least, a 'traditional' relationship.

It is one of those things I have had to accept, and perhaps as Prim90 says, it draws us closer to God.
Tery you say have companionship. But no romantic relationship. You do have the pets? They do make good company and be most faithful companions

Well family members are always good to have around. You have the Cockatiel we have the Cockatiel and also Cockatoo. They be known as the talking Cock. They talk very much and are often passed on by family members as they live a very long time View attachment 9576View attachment 9577
You live in Australia dont you.....? how charming to wake up to those singing birds.

Can be lonely though God sets the lonely in families, which is why I'm not an only child. I have many brothers, a sister and many cousins, and praise the Lord my parents are still here. It can be trying sometimes though Lord knows starting a new family especially with someone you may never have known before or grew up with is not easy
Have had many pet companions God sent my way although at present, its like I'm mum's best friend and daddy's girl. They aren't going to let go of me easily.

Curious how those who are single approach being alone without a companion or a partner.

Thank you.

Transformed I guess it be one of those things that makes you or breaks you. We live in a world where loneliness is the daily routine for many. There is no easy answer. Perhaps loneliness is a affliction to draw us more towards the love of God ❤️

I also live in a home with many people with many people around.

Without a romatic partner, i dont feel as stressed. I find i suffer more with anxiety when i am romantically attached. I fear loosing them.... so its a relief to be actually single for a while 😊
Can be lonely though God sets the lonely in families, which is why I'm not an only child. I have many brothers, a sister and many cousins, and praise the Lord my parents are still here. It can be trying sometimes though Lord knows starting a new family especially with someone you may never have known before or grew up with is not easy
Have had many pet companions God sent my way although at present, its like I'm mum's best friend and daddy's girl. They aren't going to let go of me easily.
Bob Why you ask? you be shopping for new wife . : ) I read nothing that says you can’t mingle

Good morning, TiC, Prim90, Tery, Lanolin and Via;

lol! Prim90!
No, I'm not shopping for a new wife. After 38 years no refunds. 😎👍

From knowing you folks at CFS and reading your testimonies, you all would make good husbands and wives while settling down.

I was single and happy in my 20s and did my fill of adventuring. But by age 26 I was ready to settle down. I didn't want to meet some girl at a bar or party so I prayed and asked God to choose the woman I would marry. I assumed it would be where I resided in California but I would meet her "across the miles" in another country that I had to travel to because of family circumstances.

When the world wide web GEnie and Internet Explorer came out in 1985 and 1995 it expanded the personal computer user's imagination of the world, leading singleness to remain single while exploring other cities, states, countries and people.

Don't allow a past relationship or whatever condition of your life today limit you to remain single or control your desire of a life with your future companion. In the Scriptures God had a purpose for the Pauls and Lydia's but for most men and women they desired companionship and married.

In my observation, women who are led to a man of God are committed partners in the faith. In the Bible women grasped Jesus and followed Him all the way to the cross. In these times it's a very complicated time for men, more than women. Many are not grounded in their personal life and goals, thus they struggle with the vision of marriage. There are many reasons and scenarios for this.

However, God knows the hearts of each man and woman who are in singleness but at some point want to settle down with a mate. Wait for His faithfulness for your life.

God bless you all.

It Must be very difficult for those of us who feel stuck and frustrated in being single as God said it’s not good for man to be alone. That’s why He made him a wife.

I see that we must rejoice and have a spirit of gratitude (give thanks) in our difficulties( ie, singleness) , as it’s His Will we do so. But since I don’t feel like rejoicing in my worst circumstances , We must then just Stand Firm on His Promises. I particularly like the one below.

So, 1 John 5:14-15 says, “And this is the confidence that we have toward him, that if we ask anything according to his will he hears us. And if we know that he hears us in whatever we ask, we know that we have the requests that we have asked of him.”

Amen. Gratitude and joy is on its way for us lonely little hearts 😊

It Must be very difficult for those of us who feel stuck and frustrated in being single as God said it’s not good for man to be alone. That’s why He made him a wife.

I see that we must rejoice and have a spirit of gratitude (give thanks) in our difficulties( ie, singleness) , as it’s His Will we do so. But since I don’t feel like rejoicing in my worst circumstances , We must then just Stand Firm on His Promises. I particularly like the one below.

So, 1 John 5:14-15 says, “And this is the confidence that we have toward him, that if we ask anything according to his will he hears us. And if we know that he hears us in whatever we ask, we know that we have the requests that we have asked of him.”

Amen. Gratitude and joy is on its way for us lonely little hearts 😊
Well here’s to the lonely hearts club 442BFC14-616E-4841-BBD4-8FFB99B2D455.jpeg

Settling is hard when there is literally NOWHERE to settle and its too expensive.
People stay single because they just can't afford marriage.

Back