Sister In Law On Donor List

bobinfaith

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
Dear brothers and sisters;

Has anyone experienced a donor transplant, or your family member or friend, and do you recall the overall process?

My sister in law who lives with us is a type 2 diabetic and for the last 3 years receives dialysis 3 times a week. Earlier this month she and my wife who accompanied her were sent to the Mayo Clinic in Phoenix, Arizona where they finalized testing whether to put my sister in law on a donor's list for a kidney and liver.

Today Hazel called me with good news. Annie is going to be placed on the donors list, a long time answer to prayer! They will fly home next Tuesday and we will have to pray and discuss the arrangements when Annie receives donors and will have to fly back to the Mayo Clinic, quickly, for the transplant.

Before and after the transplant our hospital here (Kaiser Permanente) will cover Annie's stay there near the clinic, and 6 weeks after the surgery.

Hazel will have to speak with her employer at Stanford about taking extra time off and has asked me to go to Phoenix for a couple of weeks to help out, whatever I can do.

I have no problem going and can have a minister handle the pulpit in my absence.

We are thankful to the Lord for bringing Annie this far but still need to pray regarding the details of going back to the Mayo Clinic with Annie and caring for her afterward until she is able to come home.

I would appreciate any feedback and covet your prayers for my sister in law and Hazel.

God bless you all and thank you.

I don’t know of anyone having a donor transplant bobinfaith, but I will definitely keep Annie raised up in my prayers for her well being and safe operation and both you and hazel to be a blessing to as you are here for her at this time x

It's not anything that I have any knowledge about... but perhaps there may be some support groups online that could answer any questions you may have..
And will absolutely be praying for all involved.

Same thing here, I do not know anyone who has ever had a transplant. My sister lost a kidney when she was a child, but that was attributed to a birth defect in which her kidney development was restricted by some other organ.

I will pray for you and your family, brother bob.

All will go well

Ray

My sister in law Annie had a successful kidney and liver transplant surgery. During the month of April my wife Hazel and her brother Reel flew with Annie to the Mayo Clinic in Phoenix where they "waited for a donor." The trick was how do we know when there is a donor and how long could this take?

In God's Great Timing a donor came immediately but the kidney wasn't healthy and the surgery cancelled. The next week another donor came and this time the organs were healthy so surgery was done immediately. It was a success!

God's Great Healing and speedy recovery is our testimony of His Great Miracle.

Matthew 11:4-6, 4 And Jesus answered them, “Go and tell John what you hear and see: 5 the blind receive their sight and the lame walk, lepers[a] are cleansed and the deaf hear, and the dead are raised up, and the poor have good news preached to them. 6 And blessed is the one who is not offended by me.”

Thank you for those who read my praise report and prayed for my sister in law. This experience is new to our family and now Annie can give her testimony and will be an encouragement filled with hope for those going through the same health experience.

I flew out yesterday, Saturday the 25th to be with Hazel. It was her birthday but also to help in any way I can. Annie will be recovering for the next month and should be able to come home by end of May.

God bless you all and your families.

Thank you CFS family;

For your encouraging posts and prayers. My sister in law Annie will need to stay another 4-6 weeks with follow up or when her doctors determine she can go home.

My wife Hazel and I spoke over the weekend and since she and her brother Reel can take care of Annie I will be flying back to SF this evening. Attached is the Mayo Clinic Phoenix where Annie had her transplant surgery. The 3rd photo is where I did my Bible devotions, CFS and church work.

Mayo Clinic Phoenix 1.jpgMayo Clinic Phoenix 2.jpgHotel Guest Office Room.jpg

I want to thank everyone for your prayers. They mean alot to me.

My sister in law Annie has completed a successful transplant of her liver and kidney and will be coming home by mid June. My wife Hazel has been with her sister since early April when the whole donor began.

When I was thanking God for your prayers and His outcome of things, I reflected How Amazing He Is;

Hazel and I were on the phone yesterday and she surprised me by saying she will fly home this Friday evening, May 29th. Her other sister and brother are also at the Mayo Clinic and will take care of Annie.

Hazel and I will be leaving Saturday morning, May 30th, and go out of town for a few days. Our 35th wedding anniversary is Monday, June 1st and this will give us much needed alone time.

God bless you all and thank you so much, my brothers and sisters in Christ!

I want to thank everyone for your prayers. They mean alot to me.

My sister in law Annie has completed a successful transplant of her liver and kidney and will be coming home by mid June. My wife Hazel has been with her sister since early April when the whole donor began.

When I was thanking God for your prayers and His outcome of things, I reflected How Amazing He Is;

Hazel and I were on the phone yesterday and she surprised me by saying she will fly home this Friday evening, May 29th. Her other sister and brother are also at the Mayo Clinic and will take care of Annie.

Hazel and I will be leaving Saturday morning, May 30th, and go out of town for a few days. Our 35th wedding anniversary is Monday, June 1st and this will give us much needed alone time.

God bless you all and thank you so much, my brothers and sisters in Christ!
Glad to hear the good news my brother. Happy early anniversary and I hope the time off helps bring you and your wife some needed rest.

Ray

I think donation transplants are good. When i die i would like to donate parts of my body to benefit someone in the future, that is of course if Jesus doesnt come back in our time. I think we are the final generation. We have to be, look at the world, can things get any worse before the Antichrist comes on the scene.

Back