sitting still

smellycat

Account Closed
sitting still

we should sit still,take more notice of event unfolding,satan usually tries to make you make a quick decision.take your time look through scripture ask for advice .:)

Michael ... Yes it is important to wait on the Lord cause when we do He says He will renew our strength .

Psalm 37:7
Be still before the LORD and wait patiently for him; do not fret when men succeed in their ways, when they carry out their wicked schemes.

Thank you for reminding us of this Michael. It's something I pray for daily, as I have a tendency to react to things, when I need to not react, but be still, pray and listen for the Lord to lead me.

Oh what joy that will be when I finally learn this and do it without thinking about it.

Blessings, Cheri

Another favourite along the same theme.

Psalm 46:10
"Be still, and know that I am God; I will be exalted among the nations, I will be exalted in the earth."

we should sit still,take more notice of event unfolding,satan usually tries to make you make a quick decision.take your time look through scripture ask for advice .:)

:goodpost:

Psalm 40:1 (NKJV)
1 I waited patiently for the LORD;
And He inclined to me,
And heard my cry.

Great post!

God has been dealing with me for a while now to slow down; enjoy; listen.

He wants me to slow down in my life and not be so impatient.

I love having FUN, but sometimes I try having it so quickly that I don't enjoy it as much as I would have if I would have just slowed down some.

Sometimes when God is speaking to me I hear what He's saying, but I don't sit still long enough to really listen.

Thanks for reminding me Michael.

:goodpost:

we should sit still,take more notice of event unfolding,satan usually tries to make you make a quick decision.

I have a different verse for that:

For which of you, intending to build a tower, sitteth not down first, and counteth the cost, whether he have sufficient to finish it?

Lest haply, after he hath laid the foundation, and is not able to finish it, all that behold it begin to mock him,

Saying, This man began to build, and was not able to finish.

Or what king, going to make war against another king, sitteth not down first, and consulteth whether he be able with ten thousand to meet him that cometh against him with twenty thousand?

Luke 14

I have a different verse for that:

For which of you, intending to build a tower, sitteth not down first, and counteth the cost, whether he have sufficient to finish it?

Lest haply, after he hath laid the foundation, and is not able to finish it, all that behold it begin to mock him,

Saying, This man began to build, and was not able to finish.

Or what king, going to make war against another king, sitteth not down first, and consulteth whether he be able with ten thousand to meet him that cometh against him with twenty thousand?

Luke 14

Great verse John_Jervis...thanks for adding to a great discussion.

Blessings, Cheri

Back