"slain in the spirit"

Aw, I have enjoyed reading through these threads. Years ago, I too looked up to find slain in the spirit in the word and could not find it. It seems to be a term for today. But, I guess no one wants to say fell down in his presence. Any-way, God can and will do anything he chooses and like he says, his ways are not our ways, his thoughts are not our thoughts! Excellent discussion!

Amen you guys .... I just came back and am now reading this thread .... Awesome how every one is on the same page.

No matter what we call God's Power .... He is able to do anything at any time and we cannot put Him in a box and say it is thus and so .

Sometimes when you least expect God's mighty hand touches you and whether you fall or stand up right it does not matter my friend .... just bask in His love for you and His sustaining power .

Jesus Christ is the same yesterday , today and tomorrow and He is still a miracle working God . All we have to do is submit our all to Him and watch how your life will change . You will never want for the ordinary again.

OUr God is an awesome God .... He rules with power and love.

A side note but on topic: :D We had an experience in my place of worship; in praying at the alter for a VERY tall person, I recognzied that their head was going back and that meant that were "going down"...This is the first time that I have seen such a tall person "slain in the spirit"...Thank You Lord for your mercy that no one was hurt!!! ;)

Back on topic: I see "more" of being "slain in the spirit" in individuals who are dying to their flesh; humbling themselves and letting go of all pride and "letting God be God"...If it is not of Him, it still gives Him glory. (This might be an interesting topic to discuss) I would rather fall down for my Lord than proudly stand any day; whatever He wants is what I desire.

My love to you all; you are my brethren in Christ. :groupray:

hmmmmm I don't know if it's been posted but I've thought of something according to the verses posted
Could it be that those who are not doing good in the sight of God fall backwards, being scared?
but those doing good in the sight of God and loving & fearing Him fall face down?

Rams .... I think you are thinking too much .....:D:D Those people that are scared I must say are just acting cause when you feel the power of the Holy Spirit you would not hurt yourself nor would you have control as to how you would be slain.or how you fall. It just happens .

It is hard to explain and each one is touched in a different way.

no I am not thinking too much, I'm simply wondering.

John 18:6 As soon then as he had said unto them, I am He, they went backward, and fell to the ground.

they certainly did not like Jesus nor were they with Him.

John certainly loves Jesus and fell as dead. Abraham and Moses also.

hmmmmm I don't know if it's been posted but I've thought of something according to the verses posted
Could it be that those who are not doing good in the sight of God fall backwards, being scared?
but those doing good in the sight of God and loving & fearing Him fall face down?

Not in my experience.

Throughout scripture when someone was confronted with the manifest presence of the Living God the fell down even as a dead man.

Back