Smiles

blueskies

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
Lenard Jay Robinson

An American businessman in London walked out of a hotel in a driving rain and just as he did a taxi was going by and stoped for him. He got into the taxi, and the cabbie said, "Perfect timing mate. You're just like Lenard"

Passenger: "Who?"

Cabbie: "Lenard… Lenard Jay Robinson. He's a bloke who did everything right all the time. Like my coming along when you needed a cab, things happen like that to Lenard Jay Robinson, every single time."

Smiling, the Passenger said: "Well, there is always a few clouds and some rain in everybody’s life."

Cabbie: "Not with Lenard Jay Robinson. He was a terrific athlete. He played tennis and probably could have won the Grand Slam. He could golf with the pros. He sang like an opera baritone and danced like a Broadway star and you should have heard him play the piano. He was an amazing bloke."

Passenger: "Sounds like he was something really special."

Cabbie: "There's more. He had a memory like a computer, new the entire Bible forwards and backwards. He remembered everybody's birthday. He didn’t drink himself, but knew all about wine, which foods to order and which fork to eat them with. He could fix anything. Me, I can’t even change a fuse, But Lenard Jay Robinson, he could have been a licensed electrician."

Passenger: "Wow, he sounds like a quite a guy!

Cabbie: "Right, he always knew the quickest way to go in traffic and avoid traffic jams. Not like me, I always seem to get stuck in them. But Lenard, he never made a mistake. Now Lenard, he really knew how to treat a woman and make her feel good. He would never answer her back rudely, even if she was in the wrong. His clothing was always immaculate, shoes highly polished too. He was the perfect man! He never made a mistake. No one could ever measure up to Lenard Jay Robinson."

Passenger: "An amazing fellow. How did you meet him?"

Cabbie: "Well, I never actually met Lenard, he died awhile back and I'm married to his widow."

Lenard Jay Robinson

An American businessman in London walked out of a hotel in a driving rain and just as he did a taxi was going by and stoped for him. He got into the taxi, and the cabbie said, "Perfect timing mate. You're just like Lenard"

Passenger: "Who?"

Cabbie: "Lenard… Lenard Jay Robinson. He's a bloke who did everything right all the time. Like my coming along when you needed a cab, things happen like that to Lenard Jay Robinson, every single time."

Smiling, the Passenger said: "Well, there is always a few clouds and some rain in everybody’s life."

Cabbie: "Not with Lenard Jay Robinson. He was a terrific athlete. He played tennis and probably could have won the Grand Slam. He could golf with the pros. He sang like an opera baritone and danced like a Broadway star and you should have heard him play the piano. He was an amazing bloke."

Passenger: "Sounds like he was something really special."

Cabbie: "There's more. He had a memory like a computer, new the entire Bible forwards and backwards. He remembered everybody's birthday. He didn’t drink himself, but knew all about wine, which foods to order and which fork to eat them with. He could fix anything. Me, I can’t even change a fuse, But Lenard Jay Robinson, he could have been a licensed electrician."

Passenger: "Wow, he sounds like a quite a guy!

Cabbie: "Right, he always knew the quickest way to go in traffic and avoid traffic jams. Not like me, I always seem to get stuck in them. But Lenard, he never made a mistake. Now Lenard, he really knew how to treat a woman and make her feel good. He would never answer her back rudely, even if she was in the wrong. His clothing was always immaculate, shoes highly polished too. He was the perfect man! He never made a mistake. No one could ever measure up to Lenard Jay Robinson."

Passenger: "An amazing fellow. How did you meet him?"

Cabbie: "Well, I never actually met Lenard, he died awhile back and I'm married to his widow."
So the moral of the story if I’m guessing right is he died like everyone else and lost his wife to another man so he couldn’t have been that perfect?

Other than that I don’t quite get it, 😞

So the moral of the story
Oh my, it’s meant to be a funny story only :)

All the cabbie actually new about Lenard was what he has been hearing, apparently abundantly, from his wife.
;)
Most likely as an incentive to improve his lot. However, he’s forever stuck in 2nd place.

It seems, that for our friend the cabbie, it was impossible to measure up to his wife’s now unassailably perfect, but sadly departed, first husband.

All the cabbie actually new about Lenard was what he has been hearing, apparently abundantly, from his wife.
;)
Most likely as an incentive to improve his lot. However, he’s forever stuck in 2nd place.

It seems, that for our friend the cabbie, it was impossible to measure up to his wife’s now unassailably perfect, but sadly departed, first husband.

Ohh, I get it now.

I think if I was him I would have asked her if she would like to join him😇

;)

Too deep for me.

Back