Snowhawk - Welcome to CFS

Pastor Gary

Senior Moderator and Staff Trainer
Staff member
Senior Moderator
Staff Trainer
snowhawk - Welcome to our family at CFS.

We ask this of all new members,
Please look over the following forum links and familiarize yourself with them. This will allow you to have a safe and enjoyable time here in the Forum.

Again, this is just forum procedure and required reading for all new members.
  1. Forum Policies and Procedures
  2. Topics which May Not Be Discussed in the open forum.
If you have any questions or navigation issues, please feel free to contact a Moderator or Helper and we will do what we can to help you with things.

Welcome to the Forum.

There seems to be a lack of people in this forum, is there a chat room around? I would like to go and ask that question I had.

Oic. Well I was wondering if you or someone else could interpret the meaning of Mark 3:28-30. I was wondering what it meant by "blasphemy".

I'll go ahead and say it. When I was younger, about 21 or so, I cussed/cursed out God, Jesus and the Holy Spirit. In the dictionary it defines blasphemy/blaspheme as using profane speech

Oic. Well I was wondering if you or someone else could interpret the meaning of Mark 3:28-30. I was wondering what it meant by "blasphemy".

Hello Snowhawk;

Thank you for joining Christian Forum Site. You're asking a great question and will get back to you later today.

I wanted to join the others and welcome you and hope you enjoy the fellowship with everyone.

God bless you and your family, brother.

What about the definition of blasphemy, doesn't that mean that I used profane speech and that will never be forgiven? Have you read Mark 3 chapter 28 through 30?

Hey. How's it going?
Did you have a chance to read Mark 3 28-30

Snowhawk - bobinfaith will be getting back to you... however, please know that during this Covid-19 situation, staff members here at CFS may have a different schedule for being here at the Forum for any number of reasons.. Thank you for being patient.

`

What about the definition of blasphemy, doesn't that mean that I used profane speech and that will never be forgiven? Have you read Mark 3 chapter 28 through 30?

Hello snowhawk;

In Mark 3:28-30, 28 “Truly, I say to you, all sins will be forgiven the children of man, and whatever blasphemies they utter, 29 but whoever blasphemes against the Holy Spirit never has forgiveness, but is guilty of an eternal sin”— 30 for they were saying, “He has an unclean spirit.”

In context, what Jesus is teaching here is the individual who has been introduced to the Gospel, receives Christ, but then continuously equate God's power with the demonic, principalities of darkness by those who still refuse to believe in Him.

The individual may shout "Lord, Lord" but still remain in their desired sin, refusing to repent, refusing to walk in faith and remain dis-obedient to God..

Blasphemy can defined by either verbal announcement/proclamation or by their human actions that they renounce obedience to Christ Jesus.

At one time before we were saved we all had vices, sinful habits including profane speech that falls in the mix of sin. When we were saved God cleanses us of our past but many Christians who follow faith and obedience to God still fall into sin, including profane speech.

snowhawk; if you and many who fall into profanity / cursing, your firm foundation of faith in Christ who truly desire to repent and return to God will never be charged with blasphemy, nor will you be denied the opportunity to be forgiven, redeemed and restored in your walk with Christ.

I hope this helps,
brother, and please welcome others who may want to share in your post.

Back