So .. God seems to have a certain different way of looking at this .. Examining ..

Michael Collum

Inactive
So .. God seems to have a certain different way of looking at this .. Examining ..

Precious in the sight of the LORD is the death of his saints. (Psalm 116:15)

So .. say i was to like substitute a name for "Lord" and replace the name of a group of close relatives or friends for "saints" wouldn't then the passage seem so wrong?

but we are made in the image of God .. so we're supposed to be like God .. so .. why does God place such a high value on death? maybe this will help us understand .. why God does stuff sometimes that makes no sense?

Here's another one on death .

so if i was to say why .. then apply Romans 6:7 as the answer ..

"because anyone who has died has been freed from sin."

So when the flood .. because freed from sin .

When at the garden saying .. you will die . is a mercy thing .

can you imagine .. someone living forever .. having sin chipping away and eating away and devouring one's subconscious?

when God says .. i will not abide with man forever .. man will now live 120 years .. it just means God will not sit by and watch what's happening . and free them from sin .

so that's why it is precious . when saints die . because they go back home .

The righteous perisheth, and no man layeth it to heart: and merciful men are taken away, none considering that the righteous is taken away from the evil to come. (Isaiah 57:1)

That's what comes to me . hope it helps understand the kind of mind God has .. because apparently .. we have that same mind (1st Corinthians 2:16) according to Paul .

Romans 14:8-9

8If we live, we live to the Lord; and if we die, we die to the Lord. So, whether we live or die, we belong to the Lord. 9For this very reason, Christ died and returned to life so that he might be the Lord of both the dead and the living.

Back