So Many Judgements

Yes, that's the time when all believers stand before Christ, and our WORKS--not our sins--are judged. Our sins were paid for on the cross and won't be mentioned again.

Amen Jon. Our sins are judged in Christ. The lost face a fearsome judgement at the great white throne- that is one line no one should want to stand in.

Do you think there's any chance that I'll look at Jesus and be skeptical and test Him? You know - trying to be aware of false Christs, even if it's supernatural. Will He forgive me if I do? lol. :D

Do you think there's any chance that I'll look at Jesus and be skeptical and test Him? You know - trying to be aware of false Christs, even if it's supernatural. Will He forgive me if I do? lol. :D

John 10:27 My sheep hear my voice; I know them, and they follow me. 28 I give them eternal life, and they shall never perish. No one can take them out of my hand.

You'll know him when you see him.

John 10:27 My sheep hear my voice; I know them, and they follow me. 28 I give them eternal life, and they shall never perish. No one can take them out of my hand.

You'll know him when you see him.
Amen x 10!:D

So Many Judgements but so much mercy and grace.

There's a song that says "Gos is greater than anything." He is greater than my sins; He is greater than all my problems; He is greater than the tempter, and His grace is sufficient for ALL my needs.

just so you guys understand no one literally stand before God fro Judgment...

Rev 22:12 And, behold, I come quickly; and my reward is with me, to give every man according as his work shall be.

Notice Jesus is coming with his rewards to give to us.. Also the books that are being opened in heaven it tell us we are jugged out of those books which imply also that God has a record of everything we do, thus we will not stand before God physically for judgment but we will be there in a form of our life’s record.

God Bless.

All unbelievers stand before God on the great and terrible day of their judgment:

Rev 20:11 And I saw a great white throne, and him that sat on it, from whose face the earth and the heaven fled away; and there was found no place for them.
Rev 20:12 And I saw the dead, small and great, stand before God; and the books were opened: and another book was opened, which is the book of life: and the dead were judged out of those things which were written in the books, according to their works.

Rev 20:11 And I saw a great white throne, and him that sat on it, from whose face the earth and the heaven fled away; and there was found no place for them.
Rev 20:12 And I saw the dead, small and great, stand before God; and the books were opened: and another book was opened, which is the book of life: and the dead were judged out of those things which were written in the books, according to their works.

the above is symbolic and not literal.

1. Origin of the Phrase: "Judgment seat" is the English rendering of the Greek term bēma. The literal meaning of the word is "step," (used as a measure to designate approximately a meter; "a foot of ground"; literally, "a foot [length] of a step"). From that basic meaning bēma came to designate a platform raised at least a step above the ground. Such platforms were usually built in or near the marketplace and used by Roman officials to deliver speeches (e.g., Acts 12:21) and to make judicial decisions. The magistrate sat on a seat placed on it to address those present. The term bēma was by extension applied to the seat of the magistrate. The "judgment seat" was a judicial bench.

2. Legal Procedure: In front of the Roman magistrate stood the accused and the accusers. During Jesus' trial Pilate sat on the "judge's seat" while Jesus stood before him (Matt. 27:11, 19; cf. John 19:13).* The accusers presented the charges, Pilate allowed Jesus to defend Himself, and a legal decision was rendered (Matt. 27:13, 14, 24-26).

3. Theological Usage: This legal practice was employed by Paul to illustrate proceedings in the heavenly tribunal. In Romans 14:10 he referred to the bēma as "God's judgment seat," while in 2 Corinthians 5:10 he called it "the judgment seat of Christ." These two passages contain several important ideas. First, they affirm that there is a divine court in which God, through Christ, functions as our judge. The reference is to the eschatological judgment.

Second, Christian believers will appear before the judgment seat of God to give an account of themselves ( Rom. 14:12). At the end of the eschatological proceedings all "will bow before me [God]; every tongue will confess to God" (verse 11) to acknowledge the justice of God.

Third, God's people will also appear before His judgment seat to receive what is due them "for the things done while in the body, whether good or bad" (2 Cor. 5:10).

Fourth, 2 Corinthians 5:10 reveals that in the judgment evidence is analyzed and a verdict is pronounced by God on the basis of that evidence.

Finally, we should notice that Paul did not say who the accuser is. Second Corinthians 5:10 suggests that in the heavenly realm the record of our deeds could speak against us, but other biblical evidence indicates that the ultimate accuser of God's people is the enemy (Zech. 3:1). Other passages specify that the defense is presented by our advocate, Jesus (1 John 2:1; Heb. 7:25). Since we confessed Him here on earth, He will confess in the heavenly tribunal that we belong to Him (Matt. 10:32; Luke 12:8, 9).

There is no need for us to physically appear before God's judgment seat, because Christ will represent us there. That is good news!

Yes, that's the time when all believers stand before Christ, and our WORKS--not our sins--are judged. Our sins were paid for on the cross and won't be mentioned again.

Interesting Topic :D I never knew that :D Thanks Jon!!

:read:hmmm
our works being judged..
hmmmmmmm that's gonna take some time to understand :D

so we won't appear before the White throne? Well the believers!

but unbelievers will stand before God on that Throne. Wow how fearful they will be... God is so immense :D we're so tiny =D :eek: :$

Back