So Many Times

Oh, how I love the Word of the Lord! His word speaks to me all the time. Yet, there are those special times when I hear his voice speaking to my heart so powerfully through his word that my heart is greatly stirred. It is in those times that I feel especially close to him, as though he is physically right there with me. I love to sit at his feet and to hear him speak words of encouragement, hope, healing, comfort, instruction, warning, correction, and conviction to my heart.

Oh, how I long for revival of the church here in America. So many people, who profess Christ as Savior, live as though they are still walking in darkness. Though they claim Jesus is their Savior, he is truly not their Lord. The only way he can be Lord of our lives is if we submit to him and to his will and purposes for our lives, forsaking our former lives of sin, being transformed in heart and mind of the Spirit of God, and by walking in Christ’s righteousness and holiness in the power and working of the Spirit of God within us.

Jesus speaking:

“I am the vine; you are the branches. If a man remains in me and I in him, he will bear much fruit; apart from me you can do nothing. If anyone does not remain in me, he is like a branch that is thrown away and withers; such branches are picked up, thrown into the fire and burned. If you remain in me and my words remain in you, ask whatever you wish, and it will be given you. This is to my Father’s glory, that you bear much fruit, showing yourselves to be my disciples." ~ John 15:5-8​

So Many Times / An Original Work / April 19, 2011

So many times
when I hear Your word
Your Spirit speaks
and my heart is stirred.
Send a revival my Lord,
I pray.
Won’t You be Lord in our hearts
now and always.

Humbly and gently
I bow the knee.
Yours to be only is