So that God may be all in all. . .

So that God may be all in all. . .

I have a question concerning 1 Cr. 15. More specifically verses 1 Cr. 15: 24-28.

1Cr 15:24 Then [cometh] the end, when he shall have delivered up the kingdom to God, even the Father; when he shall have put down all rule and all authority and power.

1Cr 15:25 For he must reign, until he hath put all enemies under his feet.

1Cr 15:28 And when all things shall be subdued unto him, then shall the Son also himself be subject unto him that put all things under him, that God may be all in all.

My question is what do you view this state of "all in all" to be. Do you feel as if we would still exist as separate spiritual entities, or does this refer to a merging with God? Do you feel that there is some other meaning to this passage?

Thank you for your thoughts. :)

Wow this one realy makes Me have to work hard to think and causes the Anger Sharks :fish: :fish: :fish: :fish: to

swim in My head!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Just kidding, ( and the closest things I could find to sharks) :D

But serriously 1 Cor 15:23-25,26,28 ---I think speaks of
Authority and rule, in the context that:

1) Christ is The First raised from the dead

2) We will be raised up with Him, at the end

3) The Kingdom of Heaven on earth as it is now,
will be raised up to God in Heaven.

4) Christ will establish a new Kingdom of Heaven --
and rule here on earth ---The Millenium rule!!!!

5) Then during the 1,000 years all enemies are under
His feet, but at the end of the 1,000 years when they
come to fight Christ again, proving their hatred, they
will be cast into the final death of non existence, when
even death is swallowed up.

6) And then when the Final New Heavens is made to come
to pass ---Christ, and the Trinity will Unite As Equil in
Presence as we see them, and be All in All, and we will
not see or experience in part, what we will now see in
Full ----The Complete Trinity!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Of cource I could be all wrong, but I see divisions, and
implied divisions within the verses mentioned ---which
span time, until We see the Full and Complete Trinity
Shine before Us, Forever!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Unless My memory fails Me, and there are other Qualifying
passages elsewhere???????????

May Christ Richly Bless Them Who Truly Love Him, Amen.:bible:

Mike. :D

that God may be all in all.

My question is what do you view this state of "all in all" to be. Do you feel as if we would still exist as separate spiritual entities, or does this refer to a merging with God? Do you feel that there is some other meaning to this passage?

Thank you for your thoughts. :)
There should be a coma after the first 'all'

The very same expression occurs in 1 Corinthians 12:6 and Ephesians 1:23 , and means absolutely no merger.

I don't see a merge as we will see The Father and the Son refered to as seperate entities as late as Rev 21 in the New Jerusalem. SOmetimes I like to comapre translations in order to bring out the full " flavor of a text".

1Co 15:28
(ACV) And when all things are made subordinate to him, then the Son himself will also be made subordinate to him who subordinated all things to him, so that God may be all in all.
(ALT) Now when all the [things] are subjected to Him, then the Son also Himself will be subjected to One having subjected all the [things] to Him, so that God shall be the all in all.
(AUV-NT) And after everything [else] has been subjected to Christ, then the Son Himself will also be subjected [i.e., He will subject Himself] to God, who subjected everything to Christ, so that God may rule over everything.
(ASV) And when all things have been subjected unto him, then shall the Son also himself be subjected to him that did subject all things unto him, that God may be all in all.
(BBE) And when all things have been put under him, then will the Son himself be under him who put all things under him, so that God may be all in all.
(Bishops) When all thynges are subdued vnto hym, then shall the sonne also hym selfe be subiect vnto him that put all thinges vnder hym, that God may be all in all.
(CEV) After everything is under the power of God's Son, he will put himself under the power of God, who put everything under his Son's power. Then God will mean everything to everyone.
(CENT) When all things are subjected to him, then the Son himself will also be subjected to the one who put all things under him, that God may be all in all.
(Complete Apostles' Bible) Now when all things are made subject to Him, then also the Son Himself will be subjected to Him who subjected all things to Him, in order that God may be all in all.
(Darby) But when all things shall have been brought into subjection to him, then the Son also himself shall be placed in subjection to him who put all things in subjection to him, that God may be all in all.)
(DRB) And when all things shall be subdued unto him, then the Son also himself shall be subject unto him that put all things under him, that God may be all in all.
(EMTV) Now when all things are made subject to Him, then also the Son Himself will be subjected to Him who subjected all things to Him, in order that God may be all in all.
(ESV) When all things are subjected to him, then the Son himself will also be subjected to him who put all things in subjection under him, that God may be all in all.
(Geneva) And when all things shalbe subdued vnto him, then shall the Sonne also himselfe be subiect vnto him, that did subdue all things vnder him, that God may be all in all.
(GNB) But when all things have been placed under Christ's rule, then he himself, the Son, will place himself under God, who placed all things under him; and God will rule completely over all.
(GNT)ὅταν δὲ ὑποταγῇ αὐτῷ τὰ πάντα, τότε καὶ αὐτὸς ὁ υἱὸς ὑποταγήσεται τῷ ὑποτάξαντι αὐτῷ τὰ πάντα, ἵνα ᾖ ὁ Θεὸς τὰ πάντα ἐν πᾶσιν.
(GW) But when God puts everything under Christ's authority, the Son will put himself under God's authority, since God had put everything under the Son's authority. Then God will be in control of everything.

(HNT)
וכאשר יושת הכל תחתיו אז יושת הבן גם־הוא תחת השת־כל תחתיו למען יהיה האלהים הכל בכל׃

(ICE) En þegar allt hefur verið lagt undir hann, þá mun og (ISV) But when everything has been put under him, then the Son himself will also become subject to the one who put everything under him, so that God may be all in all.

(KJ2000) And when all things shall be subdued unto him, then shall the Son also himself be subject unto him that put all things under him, that God may be all in all.
(KJV+TVM) And1161 when3752 all things3956 shall be subdued5293[5652] unto him846, then5119 shall5293 the Son5207 also2532 himself846 be subject5293[5691] unto him that put5293 all things3956 under5293[5660] him846, that2443 God2316 may be5600[5753] all3956 in1722 all3956.
(KJV+) And1161 when3752 all things3956 shall be subdued unto5293 him,846 then5119 shall the3588 Son5207 also2532 himself848 be subject5293 unto him that put all things under5293, 3956 him,846 that2443 God2316 may be5600 all3956 in1722 all.3956
(KJV-1611) And when all things shall bee subdued vnto him, then shal the Sonne also himselfe bee subiect vnto him that put all things vnder him, that God may be all in all.

(KJVA) And when all things shall be subdued unto him, then shall the Son also himself be subject unto him that put all things under him, that God may be all in all.
(KJVR) And when all things shall be subdued unto him, then shall the Son also himself be subject unto him that put all things under him, that God may be all in all.
(LITV) But when all things are subjected to Him, then the Son Himself also will be subjected to the One who has subjected all things to Him, that God may be all things in all.
(LONT) Now, when all things are subjected to him, then even the Son himself shall be subjected to him, who subjected all things to him, that God may be all in all.
(MKJV) But when all things are subjected to Him, then the Son Himself also will be subject to Him who has subjected all things to Him, so that God may be all things in all.
(Murdock) And when all shall be subjected to him, then the Son himself will be subject to him who subjected all to him, so that God will be all in all.
(Rev. Webster+) And1161 when3752 all things3956 shall be subdued5293 [5652] to him846, then5119 shall5293 0 the Son5207 also2532 himself846 be subject5293 [5691] to him that put5293 0 all things3956 under5293 [5660] him846, that2443 God2316 may be5600 [5753] all3956 in1722 all3956
(RYLT-NT) and when the all things may be subjected to him, then the Son also himself shall be subject to Him, who did subject to him the all things, that God may be the all in all.
(RV) And when all things have been subjected unto him, then shall the Son also himself be subjected to him that did subject all things unto him, that God may be all in all.
(TRC) When all things are subdued unto him: then shall the son also himself be subject unto him that put all things under him, that God may be all in all things.

(The Scriptures '98+) And when all are made subject to Him, then the Son Himself shall also be subject to Him who put all under Him, in order that Elohim be all in all.
(TCNT) And, when everything has been placed under him, the Son will place himself under God who placed everything under him, that God may be all in all!
(Tyndale) When all thinges are subdued vnto him: then shall the sonne also him selfe be subiecte vnto him that put all thinges vnder him yt God maye be all in all thinges.
(UPDV) And when all things have been subjected to him, then will the Son also himself be subjected to him who subjected all things to him, that God may be all in all.
(Vulgate) cum autem subiecta fuerint illi omnia tunc ipse Filius subiectus erit illi qui sibi subiecit omnia ut sit Deus omnia in omnibus
(Webster) And when all things shall be subdued to him, then shall the Son also himself be subject to him that put all things under him, that God may be all in all.
(WmsNT) And when everything has been put in subjection to Him, then the Son Himself will also become subject to Him who has put everything in subjection to Him, so that God may be everything to everybody.
(WNT) But when the whole universe has been made subject to Him, then the Son Himself will also become subject to Him who has made the universe subject to Him, in order that GOD may be all in all.
(WORNT) And when all things shall be subjected to Him, then shall the Son also himself be subject to Him, that put all things under Him, that God may be all in all.
(WTNT) When all things are subdued unto him: then shall the son also himself be subject unto him that put all things under him, that God may be all in all things.
(WycliffeNT) And whanne alle thingis ben suget to hym, thanne the sone hym silf schal be suget to hym, that made `alle thingis suget to hym, that God be alle thingis in alle thingis.
(YLT) and when the all things may be subjected to him, then the Son also himself shall be subject to Him, who did subject to him the all things, that God may be the all in all.

And perhaps a few commentiaries:
John Wesley's Explanitory Notes On the Bible:
1Co 15:28 - The Son also shall be subject - Shall deliver up the mediatorial kingdom. That the three - one God may be all in all - All things, (consequently all persons,) without any interruption, without the intervention of any creature, without the opposition of any enemy, shall be subordinate to God. All shall say, "My God, and my all." This is the end. Even an inspired apostle can see nothing beyond this.

Jammesom, Fausse and Brown commentairie:
1Co 15:28 -
Son ... himself ... subject — not as the creatures are, but as a Son voluntarily subordinate to, though co-equal with, the Father. In the mediatorial kingdom, the Son had been, in a manner, distinct from the Father. Now, His kingdom shall merge in the Father’s, with whom He is one; not that there is thus any derogation from His honor; for the Father Himself wills "that all should honor the Son, as they honor the Father" (
Joh_5:22, Joh_5:23; Heb_1:6).
God ... all in all — as Christ is all in all (
Col_3:11; compare Zec_14:9). Then, and not till then, "all things," without the least infringement of the divine prerogative, shall be subject to the Son, and the Son subordinate to the Father, while co-equally sharing His glory. Contrast Psa_10:4; Psa_14:1. Even the saints do not fully realize God as their "all" (Psa_73:25) now, through desiring it; then each shall feel, God is all to me.

The People's New Testament Commentairies:
When all things have been subjected. When the world is subdued to Christ.
Then shall the son also himself be subjected. Then, as his work is done, he will give up the kingdom to the Father (
1Co_15:24). Then Christ will give up the seals of office.

Albert Barnes notes on the Bible:
That God may be all in all - That God may be supreme; that the Divinity, the Godhead, may rule; and that it may be seen that he is the Sovereign over all the universe. By the word "God" (ὁ Θεὸςho Theos), Whitby and Hammond, I think correctly, understand the Godhead, the Divine Nature, the Divinity, consisting of the three persons, without respect to any special office or kingdom.

There should be a coma after the first 'all'

The very same expression occurs in 1 Corinthians 12:6 and Ephesians 1:23 , and means absolutely no merger.

So, let me make sure I understand what you are saying; you are saying that you believe that the trinity will not unite/merge at this point? The logos (word), the holy spirit (present in everyone at this point), and the father, but rather we will continue to exist as separate, yet connected entities under God?

This seems to be the same thing that I see Boanerges saying.

There is no viable scriptural evidence that suggests a merger. Besides the Three are already One.

So, let me make sure I understand what you are saying; you are saying that you believe that the trinity will not unite/merge at this point? The logos (word), the holy spirit (present in everyone at this point), and the father, but rather we will continue to exist as separate, yet connected entities under God?

This seems to be the same thing that I see Boanerges saying.
I believe, as far as my understanding on this verse and others has arrived, that the trinity will not merge at this point, and that we will continue to exist as separate, yet connected entities under God, you are correct. (Unless your meaning of connected is different than mine :))
The unity though, has well been established. Are the mansions not many in Father's house? (John 14:2)

May I ask Paull:
Is it a thought you have had for much time? What initiated it?
And do you ascertain some scripture to substantiate it?

Much thanks

I'm sorry if I suggested a merger, but rather here on earth,

with their seperate missions at this time, such as the

conviction of the Spirit working behind the schenes and all,

seems to be a good example of Behind the Schene activities,

we, now having been saved take for granted.

I think I was trying to say, All in All, in All full Glory revealed

and Seen Bright and shining and all!!!!!!!!!!

And I probably worded what I am thinking wrong?????????

There will be no need, for hidden things, or workings behind the

schenes in the future, and We shall Behold and See the Full

Glory of the trinity, unveiled before us, in the Fulness of Their

Glory!!!!!!!!!!!!

That is what I think I was trying to say.

Because who would deny things are not fully and clearly seen

today, as today is a shadow, of the Fullness we Will see

tomorrow, when there are no more "Tares" among us????????

Back