So....what's for supper tonight?

Hey Laura... this past weekend, my wife and I found a specialty Cheese Shop about 20 miles away. We found a 1 pound block of 8 year old natural aged cheddar cheese.... Soooooo -

Monday evening, I'm just going to shread half the block and make a comfort classic - a home made macaroni and cheese casserole. I use the small elbow macaroni. As I add it to the baking dish, I layer in finely chopped red and yellow onions, de-seeded and diced cherry tomatoes and finely chopped celery... just enough of each to be noticed. Each layer is then covered with the shredded cheddar cheese and then the next layer starts. I use the remaining cheddar as a rich top covering and add 1/4 cup of 1 percent milk to assist in the browning. 350 degree oven for 50 minutes, but at the 35 minute mark, I overlay the browned top with long cut asparagus and a dash of sodium free 'salt', a touch of garlic powder and a little fresh ground black pepper. Back into the oven for 15 minutes and DINNER IS SERVED.

I know that was good- I had some home made macaroni and cheese with a rump roast and broccoli two days ago- tonught was homemade Jambalaya with shrimp and sausage- oh and don't forget the buttered french bread and an ice cold glass of milk!

Sounds yummy..... I love corn and it is coming in now fresh from the farms..... Great time of the year with all the fresh veg and friuts from Ontario.

I really like Rachael Ray. She is so funny.

Yumo!!!!

4.gif
4.gif

Hey Laura... this past weekend, my wife and I found a specialty Cheese Shop about 20 miles away. We found a 1 pound block of 8 year old natural aged cheddar cheese.... Soooooo -

Monday evening, I'm just going to shread half the block and make a comfort classic - a home made macaroni and cheese casserole. I use the small elbow macaroni. As I add it to the baking dish, I layer in finely chopped red and yellow onions, de-seeded and diced cherry tomatoes and finely chopped celery... just enough of each to be noticed. Each layer is then covered with the shredded cheddar cheese and then the next layer starts. I use the remaining cheddar as a rich top covering and add 1/4 cup of 1 percent milk to assist in the browning. 350 degree oven for 50 minutes, but at the 35 minute mark, I overlay the browned top with long cut asparagus and a dash of sodium free 'salt', a touch of garlic powder and a little fresh ground black pepper. Back into the oven for 15 minutes and DINNER IS SERVED.

I'm telling you Pastor, our families should get together for dinner! You and I do the cooking while your wife and my husband watch us and salivate in anticipation!:D That sounds really yummy, by the way. I haven't decided what's for din-dins tonight yet!

Laura:)

C'mon people, add to this thing will ya?

Tonight we're having a goulash sort of thing. Ground beef cooked together with onions, garlic, tomatoes, mushrooms and red cabbage, then add the cooked pasta and bake together for 30 minutes with cheese! Yummy!

Laura:)

Pastor Gary said:

That sounds absolutely delicious. My homemade macaroni and cheese is more like the just plain kind. :p

Too bad I have a dairy allergy. :(

Tonight for dinner: Chicken wings for me and pizza for the kids, with peaches. (Normally we eat healthier and real food. Fridays we eat more "fun" stuff for dinner because of activities.)

He He ..... I don't have to make anything. That's probably my problem cause I don't cook too much when it is just me.

No, not a lot. Mostly Sundays with my friends. And yes I can cook but it's just getting the motivation. People tell me I am a good cook, or are they just saying that to be nice ... I don't know. When I do cook , I cook far too much food and then end up eating it for several days. I eat a lot of salads cause they're quick and easy and anyways they are healthy.

Anyways what do you like to cook and what is your favourite food ?

No, not a lot. Mostly Sundays with my friends. And yes I can cook but it's just getting the motivation. People tell me I am a good cook, or are they just saying that to be nice ... I don't know. When I do cook , I cook far too much food and then end up eating it for several days. I eat a lot of salads cause they're quick and easy and anyways they are healthy.

Anyways what do you like to cook and what is your favourite food ?

Hey Dusty, did you try that wilted salad recipe I gave you? Just curious...

My cooking is eclectic at best. From home style cooking to very gourmet dishes, whatever strikes my fancy or, better yet, what ever I happen to have in the freezer. So, because of this, my favorite is also eclectic!:D

Laura

I'm going to try something that I just read about recently. It is called 'Tater Tot ® Casserole'.

Take a glass 9 X 13 baking dish and spray the bottom with 'PAM' or similar. Arrange a thin layer of canned french cut green beans on the bottom of the baking dish. Then make rows of Tater Tot's ® over that layer of green beans. Then goes in a light layer of pre-heated and mixed sauce made with a can of condensed cheese soup with 1/2 can of milk, two beef boullion cubes, finely chopped onions, finely chopped celery, and seasoning to taste. Then on top of the sauce layer, goes another thin layer of french cut green beans. Bake in a 350 oven for 45 to 55 minutes, or until the Tater Tots ® are fully cooked. Serve with saute'd chicken strips or thin, bite sized beef strips on the side. Makes enough for a family of 6.

I'm going to try something that I just read about recently. It is called 'Tater Tot ® Casserole'.

Take a glass 9 X 13 baking dish and spray the bottom with 'PAM' or similar. Arrange a thin layer of canned french cut green beans on the bottom of the baking dish. Then make rows of Tater Tot's ® over that layer of green beans. Then goes in a light layer of pre-heated and mixed sauce made with a can of condensed cheese soup with 1/2 can of milk, two beef boullion cubes, finely chopped onions, finely chopped celery, and seasoning to taste. Then on top of the sauce layer, goes another thin layer of french cut green beans. Bake in a 350 oven for 45 to 55 minutes, or until the Tater Tots ® are fully cooked. Serve with saute'd chicken strips or thin, bite sized beef strips on the side. Makes enough for a family of 6.

That sounds good but you guys would have to come and eat it cause it would be too much for me....... LOL

lol and my invitation also! I am in albany ny come and get me Violet!! lol I was thinking about some artery cloging Burger King! and a Nice Iced Coffe or smoothie or maybe Carmel Latte from Dunkin Donuts...yumm!!

Hey my kind of girl.... Sometimes you gotta be bad ... right ?

Hey Dusty, did you try that wilted salad recipe I gave you? Just curious...

My cooking is eclectic at best. From home style cooking to very gourmet dishes, whatever strikes my fancy or, better yet, what ever I happen to have in the freezer. So, because of this, my favorite is also eclectic!:D

Laura

Yup Laura .... I did. I really like spinach and it's good for you too.

Caresse Honey, if I ever get the chance to visit my daughter in NY, I will try to stop by at least to give you a big hug!
My deceased son in law's parents are in Albany.

Tommorow night i am taking my girlfriend to a restaurant :)

All my friends go to partys and things with theirs but our think my way is more romantic and so does sophie :)

Back