So You Think You Want to be Like Christ

My book club (which is really a bible book group) has started reading So You Think You Want to be like Christ by chuck Swindoll. Has anyone read that book? i am loving it so much. This book is really well written and engages the reader completely. I absolutely love Chuck Swindoll, he is a fabulous gifted teacher.

I welcome your thoughts.

My book club (which is really a bible book group) has started reading So You Think You Want to be like Christ by chuck Swindoll. Has anyone read that book? i am loving it so much. This book is really well written and engages the reader completely. I absolutely love Chuck Swindoll, he is a fabulous gifted teacher.

I welcome your thoughts.

Sounds like a good read :)

So how is the book reading coming along?
The funny thing is when I read a book and it ministers to me big I come away feeling like I got a lot out of it.
Then I read it again and find so many things I did not see the first time and so on.

God's Most Holy Written Word is the same way. The more you read it the more you see things which cause growth.

We should take the shampoo approach to reading God's Word.
Lather and rinse and repeat if necessary and it's Necessary! !
Blessings
FCJ

So how is the book reading coming along?
The funny thing is when I read a book and it ministers to me big I come away feeling like I got a lot out of it.
Then I read it again and find so many things I did not see the first time and so on.

God's Most Holy Written Word is the same way. The more you read it the more you see things which cause growth.

We should take the shampoo approach to reading God's Word.
Lather and rinse and repeat if necessary and it's Necessary! !
Blessings
FCJ

So very true. lol
The book is good. Now our pastor is doing a 7 week series on the walking in the foundations of Christ, which correlates back to the book I reading. All this tells me it's no coincidence I am reading this book. It's good. Thank you for asking.

So very true. lol
The book is good. Now our pastor is doing a 7 week series on the walking in the foundations of Christ, which correlates back to the book I reading. All this tells me it's no coincidence I am reading this book. It's good. Thank you for asking.
Don't you just love how God sets things up like this for us!!
The only set back is when we don't listen or follow through and we end up missing out on Something Good God had in store for us.
Blessings
FCJ

Yes, this is what i was actually praying about. i was telling Jesus i wanted to be more like him. this all fell into place.

One day, if I ever date, I know I can only date a man who loves Jesus and does his best to be like him, as well. I know he will not be perfect, but he needs to have the hearts desire to be as much like Christ as possible.

Yes, this is what i was actually praying about. i was telling Jesus i wanted to be more like him. this all fell into place.

One day, if I ever date, I know I can only date a man who loves Jesus and does his best to be like him, as well. I know he will not be perfect, but he needs to have the hearts desire to be as much like Christ as possible.

Amen and beautifully said.
If a man loves God first and strong then he will be able to love you with the love you deserve.
That's just Awesome
Blessings
FCJ

That is very Christ like thinking and I am so blessed that Cturtle has figured that out already. Shew life is much better for me because I know I ain't perfect.
Blessings
FCJ

Back