SOAP DEVOTIONAL - LUKE 3 STUDY

Greetings all,

I will continue to try something new on this forum. I would like to see if we can engage in a Bible study using the forums. I hope to simulate a small group setting, this is open to everyone.

1) We are attempting to work our way through the gospel of Luke.

2) We will not tolerate negative comments made about a person or persons.

3) We are using the S.O.A.P. approach which = Scripture - Observation - Application - Prayer.

... 3a) Scripture text from the Gospel of Luke.

What does S.O.A.P. mean? & How to SOAP!

S– The S stands for Scripture- you physically write out the scripture……you’ll be amazed that what God will reveal to you just by taking the time to slow down and actually write out what you are reading!

O– The O stands for observation- what do you see in the verses that you’re reading? Who is the audience? Is there a repetition of words? What words stand out to you?

A– The A stands for Application- this is when God’s Word becomes personal. What is God saying to me today? How can I apply what I just read to my own personal life? What changes do I need to make? Is there an action that I need to take?

P– And finally P stands for Prayer. Pray God’s Word back to Him. If He has revealed something to you during this time in His Word, pray about it. Confess if He has revealed some sin that is in your life.

Studying God’s Word like this can take as little or as long as you have time to give. Some days it can take just 10 or 15 minutes, other days longer.

Please Feel free to share what God spoke through you today!

READING LUKE CHAPTER 3
https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Luke+3

S
John answered their questions by saying, “I baptize you with water; but someone is coming soon who is greater than I am—so much greater that I’m not even worthy to be his slave and untie the straps of his sandals. He will baptize you with the Holy Spirit and with fire. - LUKE 3:16
O
Entitlement is rampant today, and I’m not exempt. I could go on about the many ways I fall short and glorify myself, but the overarching point John is making is that this is not about me. John’s point is that Jesus is unfathomably great.
A
This is a message for all times and places but John spoke it with urgency. I need to be sharing the gospel message with urgency also.
P
"Lord Jesus, thank you for the gift of the Holy Spirit! Please forgive me for quenching the Spirit in any way. I turn from my sin and thank you for the forgiveness I have through your shed blood on the cross. Thank you for sending the Holy Spirit to live in me and to help me live the new life God has for me. Please fill me with your power and anoint me for the work that you have called me to. I receive from you and now move forward to do your will. Please help me to see where you are working around me and to join you in your work. Thank You, Lord! I praise you now and forever. Amen."

Back