SOAP DEVOTIONAL - STUDY OF LUKE 1

Greetings all,

I will continue to try something new on this forum. I would like to see if we can engage in a Bible study using the forums. I hope to simulate a small group setting, this is open to everyone.

1) We are attempting to work our way through the gospel of Luke.

2) We will not tolerate negative comments made about a person or persons.

3) We are using the S.O.A.P. approach which = Scripture - Observation - Application - Prayer.

... 3a) Scripture text from the Gospel of Luke.

What does S.O.A.P. mean? & How to SOAP!

S– The S stands for Scripture- you physically write out the scripture……you’ll be amazed that what God will reveal to you just by taking the time to slow down and actually write out what you are reading!

O– The O stands for observation- what do you see in the verses that you’re reading? Who is the audience? Is there a repetition of words? What words stand out to you?

A– The A stands for Application- this is when God’s Word becomes personal. What is God saying to me today? How can I apply what I just read to my own personal life? What changes do I need to make? Is there an action that I need to take?

P– And finally P stands for Prayer. Pray God’s Word back to Him. If He has revealed something to you during this time in His Word, pray about it. Confess if He has revealed some sin that is in your life.

Studying God’s Word like this can take as little or as long as you have time to give. Some days it can take just 10 or 15 minutes, other days longer.

READING LUKE CHAPTER 1
https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Luke+1&version=NLT

S
For no word from God will ever fail.”- Luke 1:37
O
Not only does the Bible tell us that God is the only god, the creator of all things, the god that was, is, and will always be, but it also tells us exactly what God can, and cannot do. Luke sums up the power of God quite nicely by saying, "nothing is impossible with God." (Luke 1:37) So if nothing is impossible with God, can anything stop Him?

A
there isn’t anything impossible with the God I serve. However, I have to believe this. I have to know that there isn’t anything that I face that God isn’t capable of handling because Luke 1:37 says, “For nothing will be impossible with God.”
P
Father I thank you for your great character! I rejoice today that your plans and your will and your Word never fails. I ask that you forgive me when I choose to rely on my plans and not yours. I ask that you empower and increase my faith in you and your word in Jesus name Amen!

Back