Solving Problems Through Prayer

2 Chronicles 20:1-13 Society’s emphasis on self has bred a prayer crisis. Believers focus on a problem or its perceived solution instead of making God the center of attention. The heart of 2 Chronicles 20 is an exemplary petition. If King Jehoshaphat had wrung his hands and wailed instead of concentrating on God’s promises and past provision, Jerusalem might have been wiped out as the Moabites and Ammonites intended. The king magnified the Lord’s greatness, recalling for himself and his people many divine triumphs. In that way, he was able to bolster the Israelites’ courage and prepare them for whatever solution the Lord proposed.
Jehoshaphat’s powerful entreaty recognized that no problem — even three murderous armies — is bigger than the God of the universe. The Israelite army was powerless against such an onslaught, but the king refused to give in to his initial fear and despair. “Our eyes are on You,†he pledged. In other words, “We know You have a plan, and we are waiting to hear what to do.â€
Seeking the Lord’s will and His best way is a priority for those who want to solve problems through prayer. The believer actually abdicates his responsibility when he says, “Lord, here’s my problem; please solve it. Amen!†and then rushes into his day, thinking he has done something very spiritual by unloading the difficulty onto God. If the Lord is going to solve a problem, He wants our ears and mind open to receive the answer. We must pray as King Jehoshaphat did: “I do not know wha to do, but my eyes are on You.â€

Let us boldly make this confession:
I know You hear my prayers Lord
I know You have prepared and answer before I called
I thank You that You always provide
I thank You that You are always a God of healing and restoration
I thank You for loving me and being my Father-
In Jesus Name Amen

Back