Some thoughts on the salvation walk

Our journey through saved life should be something like my article below.

Rhetorical points

1) Having reached a point of deep sorrow and regret for sinning against God and remembering vividly the day you received Jesus as your Savior.
2) Repentance, meaning you begin to live the “changed life”.
3) Immediate trials of your faith as God allows you to be tempted to strengthen you inner being. Jesus was lead into the desert to be tempted of the Devil and “if you think back, so were we”.
4) We develop a more sensitive acute conscious and no longer want to practice sin, although we still sin. You see when we are really saved God forgives our past, present and future sins, “so rejoice we are free of the curse of sin forever”The battle of flesh, mind and Soul begins here.
5) We suffer the chastisement of the Lord if we stray to bring us back to the straight road of truth. God does this in love
6) The road we travel is sometimes hard and our faith put to the test time, time again. (Note this is what I meant in my essay “Practical advise on how to live your life”)
7) We start finding out much to our disappointment that our brothers and sisters in Christ are not living up to what they are confessing.
8) We explore other avenues looking for a group that is absolutely correct and true to the word and Gospel. Alas in vain, we must find this or own way through our own study of the word.
9) We sometimes become suspended in a barren desert thinking God has become remote. It is difficult to pray.
10) We finally come out from our stubborn attitude begin to pray again and to our joy, we find that the word is true. Jesus said I will be with you always even unto the end of the world. I am closer than a brother said God.
11) Why all the above?. You know without tribulations trials, overcoming of life’s obstacles we would be weak spineless spiritual beings. We are Saints of the most high.
12) All through the above learning process, if we look and feel deep down "we know for absolute sure that that emptiness that only God can fill has been with us from the moment we received Jesus".
13) You see from the moment of our salvation we have become a special project by God, indeed we are a work in progress.
14) Perhaps you might be wondering why I have not yet mentioned baptism. Baptism is a step of obedience, that one must always do but in my view not necessary for salvation. Why we could be dying in the desert far from water. The thief next to Jesus on the cross did not have time to be baptized but went to paradise.
15) Lastly what about our unsaved beloved children and family members. Well in the flood God only found one righteous person in Noah, but saved his whole family, only Lot was righteous but God saved his family. When Paul went to the home of the Roman centurion, he said if you receive Jesus as you Lord and Savior "you and you whole house will be saved". Likewise, beloved if we stay firm and true God will do the same for us would he not?

I am just putting the above out there to make us think and have meaningdfull dialogue

God bless

Alan

Good points Alan thanks but you have got to stop making me think so much- LOL!:D

7) We start finding out much to our disappointment that our brothers and sisters in Christ are not living up to what they are confessing.

That is one I never had a problem with. One good look at the man in the mirror can keep a honest man from pointing to many fingers or placing any flesh on a pedastal.

8) We explore other avenues looking for a group that is absolutely correct and true to the word and Gospel. Alas in vain, we must find this or own way through our own study of the word.

It's hard to soar on the wings of eagles when you spend your day hanging with turkeys- LOL! Truthfully I have found that the anointing on a persons life is what I would call contagious. The more you hang with anointed people the more you are drawn to the deeper things of God. Of course one must also flip that coin and pour out the gifts that God has given them. God does not anoint a rear end to sit in a pew and you cannot fill a vessel that never gets empty.
Many blessings and much love in Jesus Name, Larry.

I like Your study, and we should reflect on it. I am only
posting this the defend What You say ------because all
comunication which uses "Language," is problematic at
best: And as such we argue over "semantics," all too
often. And on spiritual matters, it often requires many
words to say what should only take a few ---because
terms, and intentions allways have to be "qualified," as is
the failings of the human race.

I believe God has faith, in His saved Children, ---in that He
hopes we will want to grow, and do grow in Faith ---if We
learn to surrender, more, and more deeply, and thus rely
on His Strength!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I also believe, as humans allways are "capable" of
twisting, intentions, and actions ---that part of all that
Christ accomplished, was not only to fullfill what must be
fullfilled, but also all which was needed symbolicaly, to set
the perfect standard of perfection, thru example ---which
is why He asked John to baptise Him ----"To fullfill all
righteousness."

And as such it was God's plan for Christ to be "Tempted"
from the enemy, so that we too may see, that we are to
be tempted by the enemy ----But in the case of God,
technicaly God does not tempt Us, but "tests" us, hoping
We will indeed want to learn and be obedient ---So that in
God allowing Us to be tested ---it is "We," when we allow
ourselves to be weak, that we turn our oportunities of
testing into temptation ---when We surrender to the will
of the enemy.

And My point is, even a good post ---when it assumes We
understand what is "Meant" by it ----will usualy lead to
someone saying "''Ahhh Haaaa, did you know you just
said this, and that, and so on, and so forth...," in which
case we can become the "mouthpiece" for the enemy, all
to easily ----because we are allways on guard, and
suspicious of "Givens" !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hi! Mike ,

Yes but just to make sure we concur I did not write that God tempts us, but allows us to be temted so that we can become strong

3) Immediate trials of your faith as "God allows you to be tempted to strengthen you inner being." Jesus was lead into the desert to be tempted of the Devil and “if you think back, so were you tempted.

God bless,

Alan:)

I knew what You meant, :D, and was just pre-emptively
answering, incase, someone was going to pull one of
those "Well You know...this....and that...and," kinda stuff
on You: As there allways seems to be experts on
"Objecting," and not enough on "agreeing.":D

Sorry I had to be the one who seemed to be, "Hey wait a
minute," when I meant "Hey I agree with You.":D

coming from a preeminent objector lol... I have just one "but....." though really I am seeking clarification.... I have always believed that the Bible teaches that salvation is individual, that no one else can do my believing for me, I am aware that there are passages that speak of "whole households" being saved eg Jn. 4:53. But in every case, the commentators say that each individual member came to believe in Christ as individuals, not that just because the head of the household savingly believed and that this caused the other members of the household to be instantly saved. So perhaps I am misunderstanding you, are you saying the former or the latter, that each person came to eventually believe in Christ, the normal route to salvation, eg by the witnessing of one person to another, the reading of scripture, the hearing of a sermon or a song of praise..... or are you saying that each member of the household instantly was saved as soon as the head of the household was saved?

blessings

I WROTE IN MY THREAD:

“15) Lastly what about our unsaved beloved children and family members. Well in the flood God only found
one righteous person in Noah, but saved his whole family, only Lot was righteous but God saved his family. When Paul went to the home of the Roman centurion, he said if you receive Jesus as you Lord and Savior "you and you whole house will be saved". Likewise, beloved if we stay firm and true God will do the
Same for us would he not”

Scripture to back my case.

We read in Gen Chpt. 6 verse; 8 But” Noah found grace” in the eyes of the Lord and Gen Cptr. 6 verse; 9 These are the generations of Noah; “Noah was a just man and perfect in his generations and Noah walked with God” NO MENTION OF HIS FAMILY MEMBERS BEING JUST AND PERFECT.

In Gen chpt 7 And the Lord said unto NoahCome, thou and thy entire house into the ark; for thee I have seen “thee righteous before me in this generation” NO MENTION OF HIS FAMILY MEMBERS BEING RIGHTEOUS.

THE SAME WENT FOR LOT IN SODOM ONLY HE WAS RIGHTEOUS; NOT HIS FAMILY MEMBERS BUT GOD SAVED THEM ALL.

Acts 16 verse 31 Paul is speaking to the Philippian jailor.

And they said, believe in the Lord Jesus Christ and thou shalt be saved and thy” house” “THE PROMISE WAS IF THE JAILOR EXCEPTED JESUS HIS WHOLE HOUSE WOULD BE SAVED”

There are other examples like this in the bible, Why do you find it difficult to accept this beautifulpromise from God, If you are sincere love and respect and receive Jesus and walk in his truth all your life just like Noah. God will save all your beloved family. God is not respecter of persons and what he did for Noah, Lot and the Philippians jailor he will do for you also.

“GODS PROMISES TO NOAHLOT AND THE PHILIPPIAN JAILOR WERE “WITHOUT RESERVATION” AND HAD NO CONDITION THAT EACH FAMILY MEMBER MUST FOLLOW GOD.

GOD BLESS AND KEEP YOU AND YOUR FAMILY.

LOVE

ALAN

coming from a preeminent objector Lot... I have just one "but....." though really I am seeking clarification.... I have always believed that the Bible teaches that salvation is individual, that no one else can do my believing for me, I am aware that there are passages that speak of "whole households" being saved eg Jn. 4:53. But in every case, the commentators say that each individual member came to believe in Christ as individuals,( (“The commentators bless their STONY fallible hearts say this “NOTTHE BIBLE MY DEAR”)not that just because the head of the household savingly believed and that this caused the other members of the household to be instantly saved. So perhaps I am misunderstanding you, are you saying the former or the latter, that each person came to eventually believe in Christ, the normal route to salvation, eg by the witnessing of one person to another, the reading of scripture, the hearing of a sermon or a song of praise..... or are you saying that each member of the household instantly was saved as soon as the head of the household was saved?

blessings

Well just because Noah found Grace, because God saw righteousness thru faith in Noah: "Noah was a righteous man, blameless in his time."----it did not mean that the others did not also have a degree of Faith, because they followed a portion of Noah's example in life. ----but it might not have been the perfect faith that Noah had, which was made an example of!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And when God was mercifull to other family members, in a story, could it not have been for the sake of the person who found favor, and thus allowed the righteous person to also act as a witness ---in which family members were saved from immediate destruction, but it still remained, at that moment, an open question, if they would thru faith, indeed be credited with righteousness themselves?????????

However, I am convinced the other examples, of "Go home and You and Your family will be Saved," were 1) A command to go, and 2) A Prophecy, that the rest of the family will follow that persons example ---and come to surrender and believe -----So I believe such rare passages, are based on details we know very little about ----and allways assume things about them. ----And You know what happens when You assume???????? It usualy means God will have to correct what we have taught, down the road.:D

Back