Some Updates

Jeffin

Webmaster
Staff member
Helper
Some Updates

1. CFS now has vBSeo installed.

This software converts all existing non-readable urls into friendly readable ones.

For eg:
Instead of:
Code:
http://www.christianforumsite.com/showthread.php?t=147
It's now:
Code:
http://www.christianforumsite.com/publications-music-television-movies/147-lyrics-day.html
Advantages:
  • Forums are slightly more search engine friendly
  • Easy to remember blog addresses. You can now share them easily with your friends.
  • Supports Link backs

2. CFS domain name renewed

till 2012. Private registration added to protect my personal information.

Thanx, Jeff, for doing a good job of keeping us happy, :D even though we don't understand it all.:confused:

It's supposed to make the forum more popular on Google, Yahoo and MSN. Plus, the blogs now have easy to remember web addresses.
It used to be something else with numbers which was harder to remember. So now its easier for us to share our blog address. :)

WoW, VB has an integrated SEO? ([SIZE=-1]Search Engine Optimization)
Nice one Jeff, and that until 2012?
My my my, you are looking ahead aren't you? :D
Thank you for all of your efforts Mr Admin :)

I've noticed the little 'send trackback' form below my reply box, as an option....is that something that we can use?
[/SIZE]

vBSeo is not an official product but its used by some of the big boards. I thought I would follow their track.

Below is an Explanation on Trackback. It might be a smart way to solve some copyright problems.

A Trackback is simply an acknowledgment. This acknowledgment is sent via a network signal (ping) from Site A (originator) to Site B (receptor). The receptor often publishes a link back to the originator indicating its worthiness. Trackback requires both, Site A and Site B to be Trackback enabled in order to establish this communication. Trackback does not require for Site A to phisically link to Site B.

Trackback our Forums from another Site
  1. Find the thread Trackback URL - In our forums, the Trackback URL is also the "LinkBack URL", located under the LinkBack dropdown menu within each thread.
  2. Copy and paste this URL into your publishing platform
  3. Submit your entry.
Note: If the forum administrator requires moderation for Incoming Trackbacks, a link-back to the site originating the Trackback will be published only after the Trackback has been manually approved by a moderator.
Once a Trackback has been published, an automated notification email will be sent to the thread contributors.

Trackback other Sites from our Forums
  1. Find the entry's Trackback URL - Find the URL for the resource you wish to Trackback. This 'Trackback' URL is
    usually located somewhere visible in a blog entry or within the Linkback dropdown in forum threads.
  2. Create (or reply to) a thread; enter the Trackback URL - Trackback enabled forums include an additional
    'Trackback' field where you can enter sites you wish to Trackback when submitting your entry.
  3. Submit your entry - The trackback will be sent automatically when your thread (or post) is created.
Note: If the Trackback recipient site requires moderation for Trackbacks, a link-back to the thread originating the Trackback will be published only after the Trackback has been manually approved by the recipient's site administrator.

Back